Attendances

Lenziejag2

For the sake of the record: today's attendances - Ross County v ICT - 6002; Dunfermline v Alloa - 5110; St Johnstone v Motherwell - 5025; and Peterhead v East Fife - 1855. Jags fans will know why I limit myself to these four games! The Highland derby is clearly a big attraction 'up north'. The SFL1/2 play-off came out the preferred way, but with a decent crowd at EEP. There must have been a lot of 'Well fans in Perth, because the Tractor Boys don't get 5000 crowds, even with a European place up for grabs! Pleased to see a good crowd at Balmoor today - remember our trip to the north-east on a Sunday afternoon?

Pleased to see a good crowd at Balmoor today - remember our trip to the north-east on a Sunday afternoon?

Much better than the one I attended before. Travelling all that way to watch Snowdon's goal cancelled out in the last minute. :wall:

Look at the team we had for that play-off final. Arthur, Murray, McCulloch (Nicholas), Smyth, Boyd (Ritchie), J. Gibson, Strachan, B. Gibson, Roberts, McConalogue (Kilgannon), Snowdon. You dread to think where we'd be now if Gibson's free-kick hadn't deflected in...scary stuff...

A view from outside. St. Mirren's average crowd this season was 4389 compared to 4492 last season, a difference of 103 per game, when you factor in the Ross County/Dunfermline games this drops to 41 - we really missed you Sevco! :tongue2: As an aside our biggest crowd this season (and for 3 out of the last 4) was against Kilmarnock - many of our fans (myself included) just can't be arsed with the hassle & unpleasantness when the OF come to town. I expect to see a higher attendance for the Thistle games compared to Celtic next season.

Edited by btb

A view from outside. St. Mirren's average crowd this season was 4389 compared to 4492 last season, a difference of 103 per game, when you factor in the Ross County/Dunfermline games this drops to 41 - we really missed you Sevco! :tongue2: As an aside our biggest crowd this season (and for 3 out of the last 4) was against Kilmarnock - many of our fans (myself included) just can't be arsed with the hassle & unpleasantness when the OF come to town. I expect to see a higher attendance for the Thistle games compared to Celtic next season.

That is genuinely very interesting. The media are so out of touch on this.

Hopefully the thistle st mirren games can get big crowds. I am already excited about this fixture and the visit to new at mirren park.

I did notice the slightly poor attendances against Celtic, certainly the one after your cup final win only attract 6000 odd. I assumed maybe Celtic fans were not traveling to away games.

I've always thought of St Mirren as a natural "sister" club of Thistle, with the same west of Scotland crap to put up with, but with a good-sized loyal support. Looking forward to playing them again, and hosting them at Firhill for the opener of the SPL would be just fine.

I've always thought of St Mirren as a natural "sister" club of Thistle, with the same west of Scotland crap to put up with, but with a good-sized loyal support. Looking forward to playing them again, and hosting them at Firhill for the opener of the SPL would be just fine.

A repeat of our first division opener from 2001-02 would be brilliant!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't believe this thread has been silent for two whole weeks!

I can! Guess you've been on holiday?

So, straight back up to the top of the leader-board with this question!

You seem to treat threads you start as a competition to keep them at the top of the forum. League reconstruction being the last one you constantly kept bringing back to the top.

Why not start a new topic instead of bringing the same old thread back to the top?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

That's a pretty good crowd at Easter Road. I wonder how many of them will return for their first home league match..... It's a shame to think that Firhill can't accommodate a crowd of that size anymore.

if we had seen the realisation of the Oliver vision .....

7,822 great crowd for a friday night. People are saying would have been considerably bigger if on saturday at 3pm... would 10k have been a possibility??

between this and some of the crowds for the big games last season, almost seems that one could get used to crowds like this,

how possible would that be?

We are (in Scottish terms anyway) going through a period of relative success, with a team that tries to play good football and gives their all. As long as that continues the crowds will be decent.

Don't forget though this is the start of the season and the optimism that goes with that boosts the crowd. Also the sense of occasion of our first game back in the top league. Even if we don't go down, if we - after say a quarter of the season look to be struggling to get more than the odd win, crowds will drop away - and other teams that visit who don't do particularly well won't bring as many travelling fans.

Of course if we managed to do well enough to challenge for the top 6 and get a decent cup run then the optimism and the Thistle fan turnout may maintain itself and crowds like Friday night's may be repeated - but only when the bigger clubs come calling - don't see such a turnout for Ross County, Inverness, St Johnstone and the likes.