Attendances

Lenziejag2

Will be informative to note the attendances this weekend, especially as a number of games are off.

Always remember travelling up to Arbroath on a Friday night about 10-12 years ago. The game was already called off, but I didn't know that. Ended up being the only person standing outside a freezing Gayfield on the Saturday afternoon, thinking that there wasn't going to be much of a crowd.

:D

• Members

Always remember travelling up to Arbroath on a Friday night about 10-12 years ago. The game was already called off, but I didn't know that. Ended up being the only person standing outside a freezing Gayfield on the Saturday afternoon, thinking that there wasn't going to be much of a crowd.

:D

:D Tumshie!

OK, so here they are: Livi v Dunfie - 1495; Raith v Morton - 1375; ICT v Hibs - 3422; M'well v Ross Cty - 3739; St M v St J - 3702; Hearts v Abdn - 14410. How do forum members assess these?

Very healthy considering the current financial climate, the weather and the time of year.

Well done to anyone who made it to a game today.

An SFL3 league match in Govan on Saturday registered an attendance of 49913. All the other SPL and SFL fixtures this weekend had a cumulative attendance of 48224. Seems like a crazy imbalance to me!

That team in SFL3 are not your average sfl3 team so not really a crazy imbalance.

This thread seems utterly pointless when we don't have a game on. I mean who actually cares what the attendances are elsewhere?

Must affirm that it is very important that we keep tabs on attendances throughout Scotland! This is especially the case when PTFC have a match, but is still important even when we haven't. If we want the hoped-for league reconstruction to work properly, and with a fairer distribution of the available "wealth", we need to keep a weekly check on PTFC's relative standing within the Scottish game as a whole. PTFC are averaging a home league attendance of 3126 thus far this season, so it is entirely legitimate to wonder why - for example - Livi v Dunfie and Raith v Morton - both potentially attractive fixtures - each failed to attract even half of the PTFC average attendance.

Must affirm that it is very important that we keep tabs on attendances throughout Scotland! This is especially the case when PTFC have a match, but is still important even when we haven't. If we want the hoped-for league reconstruction to work properly, and with a fairer distribution of the available "wealth", we need to keep a weekly check on PTFC's relative standing within the Scottish game as a whole.

Why? Why is it sooo important that we keep an eye on attendances every week? I don't care if sevoc got 50,000 fans but Celtic only managed 45,000 and then that wee team Forfar got 500, these attendances do not matter. Yes we need to discuss our attendance and how we get lapsed fans back, but we do not need to go and on about other teams attendances. Those attendances don't matter, ours does.

Our standing is simple - we are no longer a big team, we have less fans because we are in the 1st division. The fans that are no longer regulars found a new way to spend Saturdays and may only be tempted out to "big" games as shown by the Dunfermline attendance.

PTFC are averaging a home league attendance of 3126 thus far this season, so it is entirely legitimate to wonder why - for example - Livi v Dunfie and Raith v Morton - both potentially attractive fixtures - each failed to attract even half of the PTFC average attendance.

Yes it is really difficult to see why 2 weeks to Christmas the attendances for a few games have dropped. I really don't understand what might have kept people away from these attractive fixtures!

Our average attendance is up (yay) what more do we need to discuss?

I don't even understand what you think this thread does.

Whilst I appreciate that some forum members may regard attendances across Scottish football as being relatively unimportant, that is the pool in which we - as PTFC - operate, so it is of direct contextual interest to us. Tonight's two Scottish Cup replays (involving four teams whom we aspire to be joining next year) attracted the following crowds: M'well v Abdn - 4516; ICT v Ross Cty - 4135. OK, so it was a sub-zero Tuesday evening, so these moderate attendances are probably not bad under the circumstances. The SFL2 fixture between Alloa and QoS attracted 475 punters. If PTFC don't get into the SPL next year, we will very probably have both QoS and Alloa for company in SFL1. Tonight's game was QoS's first league defeat of the season, but both they and Alloa are miles ahead of the pack in SFL2.