Onethistle Effort Yesterday

ian_mac

A really great effort by OneThistle yesterday. Got the marketing spot on from the start.

Jim and Lance were both outside the JH in the pissing rain before the game managing the queues (as the stewards were caught out by the numbers), making sure everyone got in for 3pm and saw the kick off.

The work that these 2 guys are doing on a daily basis behind the scenes is staggering.

It was their idea to move the singers to the north stand, it's their hard work alone that has transformed the match day experience this season, and it was their idea to hold back the red and yellow strip for one more week and turn the embarrassing home strip delay into something positive - red and yellow day.

Well done to the whole onethistle team on the phenomenal work they have done in such a short space of time.

• Like 4

Firhill is a much better place to visit this season and these lads and the other volunteers have done a great job in adding to the overall experience.

Fantastic atmosphere yesterday. Good to see such a big increase in the number of supporters, I hope that they don't drift away again over the next few weeks.

I'd been wondering of late whether the "sleeping giant" description of Thistle still had any ring of truth, as we've been out of the top flight for most of the last 30 years. But yesterday dispelled any doubts about that. I'm pretty sure that we'll see some more crowds of around that size if we can keep up our good form.

And the thing is, I know quite a lot of Thistle fans who I'm absolutely certain weren't even at yesterday's game. We can do even better!

Can't give enough credit to Lance, Jim & Sandy, and the volunteers who help them.

The volunteers who work for free stood in the pissing rain managing successfully, a massive crowd. The vast majority of which arrived in the final 30 mins before kick off.

These guys are fans who want the best and will do everything they can to help the club and the fans on a match day. Without these folk the match day experience could be an unmanaged nightmare.

Big well done to everyone yesterday.

I met Jim for the first time yesterday, in the pissing rain at about 5 to 3. He had a smile on his face then, directing fans to the appropriate turnstiles and queues. After the game he was on hand in the building to help the proud parents of young Jags get the youngsters their autographs and their great Jaggy costumes judged (by Archie). Btw, who won? - I would've given the prize to the young fella with the Jaggy dalek costume!

Well done for all your work, Jim, which you carried out with visible pleasure. As a lifelong Thistle man, I thank you for what you do to sustain the club and its peerless culture.

We really must have a pint and a blether some time. :thumbsup2:

Mega props to those who stood in torrential rain.. I know I wouldn't do it and I take my hat off to the people who volunteer their services to do so.

If you had taken your hat off on Saturday, you would have got a bit wet!

I'm proud to help our Club by volunteering alongside Lance, Jim, Dave J, Ian Mac and the many others who are helping bring the onethistle 'Firhill for Thrills' matchday strategy alive. Special shout out to Paul, Gary, Karen (mad welshy), Euan, GettingJaggy, Charlene and Colin for working the queues, JHS concourse and observing in the stands during the game.

Bit by bit, we are building up the case for improvements; repainted row numbers, clearer kids zone signage etc. There is a long way to travel yet, but we have enthusiasm to overcome obstacles and some scepticism. Judge us by our continued actions - we all love this club.

The fact that Jackie is putting a great product out onto the park always helps. I celebrated some of our goals on Saturday so enthusiastically, I got raised eyebrows from the two North Stand stewards ;)

Onethistle are putting in a shift behind rhe scenes; this is not always visible, but that itself is not important.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

I met Jim for the first time yesterday, in the pissing rain at about 5 to 3. He had a smile on his face then, directing fans to the appropriate turnstiles and queues. After the game he was on hand in the building to help the proud parents of young Jags get the youngsters their autographs and their great Jaggy costumes judged (by Archie). Btw, who won? - I would've given the prize to the young fella with the Jaggy dalek costume!

Well done for all your work, Jim, which you carried out with visible pleasure. As a lifelong Thistle man, I thank you for what you do to sustain the club and its peerless culture.

We really must have a pint and a blether some time. :thumbsup2:

You know how to pick a winner, then. The Dalek just edged out the Clown (my personal favourite) and the Honey Monster.

From Jags fan on P&B. Just make the good folk of OneThistle aware of it. I appreciate it may have been raised already.

"The only thing that annoyed me about Saturday (and this is a post that's more suitable for wearethistle but I don't post there) was before the match. I picked out two seats for my Dad and I that weren't marked at all, only for someone to come over and say we were sitting in his season ticket seat. Fortunately there was a spare seat next to us so we just shuffled up one, but with such a big crowd if we'd had to go in search for new seats we'd probably have to make do with sitting right at the front. It's November for ****s sake can we not have all the season ticket seats stickered?

Mon the Jags. "

You know how to pick a winner, then. The Dalek just edged out the Clown (my personal favourite) and the Honey Monster.

Excellent. I agree with you - the competition was fierce : the Jaggy clown get up was brilliant, and the wee lad with the honey monster outfit was great too. He had to keep taking his honey monster 'head' off as he seemed to be getting hot underneath. :D

By the way, must be great living in Dunfy at the moment. I bet you were like the cat that got the cream at the weekend, and deservedly so. :thumbsup2:

Excellent. I agree with you - the competition was fierce : the Jaggy clown get up was brilliant, and the wee lad with the honey monster outfit was great too. He had to keep taking his honey monster 'head' off as he seemed to be getting hot underneath. :D

By the way, must be great living in Dunfy at the moment. I bet you were like the cat that got the cream at the weekend, and deservedly so. :thumbsup2:

My Pars-supporting colleague is usually easy to spot and hear at work. But, strangely enough, I haven't seen or heard of him today.

• Like 1

Just like to add my words of praise to all involved in One Thistle. As well as all those already mentioned who are making a superb effort, Tom Hosie is doing great stuff with the official site and the Face Book page. Given i bug him most nights asking if he has listened to a CD i gave him, its amazing he gets any time to do any work LOL.

The player zone after games is a great place to be. It was packed on Saturday and the effort made by the kids, or in most cases their parents, in my case, my wife, was fantastic. Worthy winner was picked though i joked with Archie that picking a winner was going to be tougher than playing in the match !

JHS has been getting some stick that we don't join in the singing, at times rightly so. not yesterday. Great atmosphere in there. Just one plea to all of us in there though...when the shed sing "STAND UP FOR THIS THISTLE", lets all join in. It will be a worthy tip of the hat to the amazing effort being made by the singing section.

I certainly won't forget saturday in a hurry. OH WHAT A DAY

Oh Yes... and to add some icing to the cake I work beside John Potter's wife!

BTW, I am reliably informed that Joe Cardle got a roasting from his team mates, after the game, for his antics.

Wasnt impressed with your outfit at all BJ -you really will need to try harder next time.

Big thanks to all the Mums and Dads for dressing up the kids they were brilliant. :thumbsup2:

There's an old Japenese proverb that says every great journey starts with one small step, well going with the reports on here and feedback from my Dad several large steps have been taken and all in the right direction.

Well done to the Onethistle team for their efforts and ideas and with better communication from the club happening and the team barnstorming the opposition the pride and hopes coming back to the club. Can't wait to get back at Xmas

A really great effort by OneThistle yesterday. Got the marketing spot on from the start.

Jim and Lance were both outside the JH in the pissing rain before the game managing the queues (as the stewards were caught out by the numbers), making sure everyone got in for 3pm and saw the kick off.

The work that these 2 guys are doing on a daily basis behind the scenes is staggering.

It was their idea to move the singers to the north stand, it's their hard work alone that has transformed the match day experience this season, and it was their idea to hold back the red and yellow strip for one more week and turn the embarrassing home strip delay into something positive - red and yellow day.

Well done to the whole onethistle team on the phenomenal work they have done in such a short space of time.

big complaints on dafc. net about treatment of handicapped pars fans and no discounted entry for members of armed forces for away fans