Tickets On Sale For Ramsdens.. But Not Really On Sale

topcat

He clearly does not think the only way to get there is to purchase one of these packages. All of the points listed are disagreements of opinion, you are both in full possession of the facts and therefore both opinions are informed. It's an opinion that is unlikely to be widely shared but he is perfectly entitled to it.

His post reads like he does. You playing devil's advocate for him is cute though :thumbsup2:

So if you are a pretty well off season ticket holder you will trump everyone on the number of tickets you could get and then might still stand in the queue for the public sale.

Thoughts?

does anyone know roughly when season ticket holders will get a chance to get tickets, and how they would go about it?

Well, I'll be sending my chauffeur round in the Bentley to pick up mine.

Why should they be behind the public sale??

The public sale is the back of the queue.

Personally i'd give out vouchers in the games leading up to the final to reward those that can turn up for league games, but maybe can't justify a ticket package this close to Christmas.

• Like 1

His post reads like he does. You playing devil's advocate for him is cute though :thumbsup2:

I'm not playing devil's advocate since I'm not arguing his point, I merely pointed out that his opinion is perfectly well informed. Is it too much to ask for someone to have an opinion that differs from yours without coming out with nonsense about them not being entitled to that opinion?

I am not sure that this is the clubs idea. I seem to remember that this was suggested on this forum after the semi final.

I am a bit concerned though that folk taking up the Aitken suite package only get a coach to the game whereas the Alan Rough folk get a Luxury Coach !!

Yes - which they each pay £30 extra for!

Honestly, this is just ridiculous. Some of the absolute nonsense that people are coming out with about this bloody cup final. I honestly wish we had played it in November and it would all be over and done with by now.

Instead we have some of our own fans making absolute imbeciles of themselves. GET A GRIP.

Brilliant

Don,t think I,ve had a thread that never passes 30 posts.

Talking about negativity,, LMJ just can,t resist to post on my threads. Ian_Mac is getting the same.

Anyway I stand by what I say..

Everyone is supporting the Club when we are on the up...I beleive in March there will be lot of disgruntled fans on here wondering why they can,t get a ticket.

Again watch this Space

Brilliant

Don,t think I,ve had a thread that never passes 30 posts.

Talking about negativity,, LMJ just can,t resist to post on my threads. Ian_Mac is getting the same.

Anyway I stand by what I say..

Everyone is supporting the Club when we are on the up...I beleive in March there will be lot of disgruntled fans on here wondering why they can,t get a ticket.

Again watch this Space

Yet you cannot answer anthing put to you. Maybe you should try repying to peoples posts rather than making out like you are some sort of victim of the forum. I don't have anthing personal against you but your post is complete and utter nonsense.

Can you also point out to me where exactly I was negative?

What the club are doing makes absolute sense when we want to get as much money as possible to get some really key players contracts extended so we don’t lose them in the summer for nowt. Any club with any sense would do this.

Nonetheless you will get a ticket regardless, it is only the Challenge Cup Final and there is no way we are taking more than 5,000 to it on a Sunday afternoon in Livingston.

I have said this before, this is the least important game we play between now and the end of the season unless we have won the league with games to spare. Let’s concentrate on them and put this pishy irrelevant cup to the back of everyone’s mind until April.

As said by plenty of others the revenue from this hospitlaity could be very important as could tie up key players and Jackie and Sid on longer deals. Think its a great idea and well done to the club for doing it. Hopefully get Ian Maxwell tied up on a longer deal at the club as well, the guy has done brilliant as General Manager

• Like 2

I think topcat's got a valid point. Not everyone can afford a season ticket or a nine-game package, so they must be at risk of losing out when the cup final tickets go on sale. It may be a very small risk but it's still a risk.

I think all he's asking for is another avenue to be made available to those who need it, such as (as was mentioned in an earlier post) a voucher for each individual game attended, and those with 9 such vouchers could also be given the chance to buy cup final tickets.

I think topcat's got a valid point. Not everyone can afford a season ticket or a nine-game package, so they must be at risk of losing out when the cup final tickets go on sale. It may be a very small risk but it's still a risk.

I think all he's asking for is another avenue to be made available to those who need it, such as (as was mentioned in an earlier post) a voucher for each individual game attended, and those with 9 such vouchers could also be given the chance to buy cup final tickets.

There is some merit in that but ultimately you can't blame the club for trying to cash in on this.

And without wanting to open up a can of worms surely those who go every week deserve rewarded despite how valid anyone's reasons are for not going season ticket holders and half season ticket holders/9 game package holders must come first.

There is some merit in that but ultimately you can't blame the club for trying to cash in on this.

And without wanting to open up a can of worms surely those who go every week deserve rewarded despite how valid anyone's reasons are for not going season ticket holders and half season ticket holders/9 game package holders must come first.

I completely agree with that. They stick their money in up-front.

However like i previously said i'd issue vouchers at every home game from now to the start of March to reward these people, who can't put in up front, but regularly attend. They'd be BEHIND the season ticket holders.

Got no problem with that Davie. I also agree with G SUS about issuing vouchers to those who just pay on the gate every week.

Topcat, however, seems to want tickets specially reserved for nomads who are flying in for the game especially. Now THAT would be unfair and I honestly don't think there is any need for it anyway.

Got no problem with that Davie. I also agree with G SUS about issuing vouchers to those who just pay on the gate every week.

Topcat, however, seems to want tickets specially reserved for nomads who are flying in for the game especially. Now THAT would be unfair and I honestly don't think there is any need for it anyway.

He isn't saying anything of the sort and you know it. Who appointed you as policeman of what Thistle supporters are and are not allowed to think?

He is saying that if you have £55 or £85 to spend right now, you can buy a cup final ticket, and if you don't there is a chance you could miss out. I personally think his point will be redundant because there will be enough tickets to go around, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid point nevertheless. I understand the club see an opportunity to make money, and we certainly need that, but if the allocation was smaller a lot more people would be commenting on this.

Edited by Vladimir Putin