Tickets On Sale For Ramsdens.. But Not Really On Sale

topcat

He is saying that if you have £55 or £85 to spend right now, you can buy a cup final ticket, and if you don't there is a chance you could miss out. I personally think his point will be redundant because there will be enough tickets to go around, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid point nevertheless. I understand the club see an opportunity to make money, and we certainly need that, but if the allocation was smaller a lot more people would be commenting on this.

Well if he cares that much then he can buy one for £55 or £85.

The club have assured all of their core support a ticket so they don't panic. And what they want to do is to make those who don't come as often pay a bit to get themselves a ticket. This is just common sense and is what any well run club would do, I'm pleased we are doing it because it shows that we have people in power at the club with good business sense these days.

I've been through this kind of thing with Cardiff City games at Wembley in the past few years, I realise I need to wait at the end of the line, pay over the odds or hope someone does me a favour because I can accept that those that go every week deserve them more, who am I to be demanding a ticket from a few hundred miles away when comparitively City get virtually nothing off me.

He isn't saying anything of the sort and you know it. Who appointed you as policeman of what Thistle supporters are and are not allowed to think?

He is saying that if you have £55 or £85 to spend right now, you can buy a cup final ticket, and if you don't there is a chance you could miss out. I personally think his point will be redundant because there will be enough tickets to go around, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid point nevertheless. I understand the club see an opportunity to make money, and we certainly need that, but if the allocation was smaller a lot more people would be commenting on this.

You seem to forget that his last thread was entitled "Us nomads need tickets too"

I'm a Nomad.

I really hope the cup final is a sell out and there are just a few disappointed souls out there that can't get tickets because that means we have a successful commercial department and that's the foundation for creating a successful team.

I'm delighted that an idea that someone put forward on this forum has been taken up not just in one suite but in two and with a price differential to attract a wider audience allow people to pay into the club whatever they can afford (a common supermarket strategy for pricing everything from baked beans to soap powder).

I like the fact that people are worried at this stage that tickets might run out - fantastic! When was the last time there was so much optimism and demand.

The club have got it absolutely right to use this occasion as commercially as possible while ensuring that season ticket holders are favoured and others encouraged to dig deep and buy a package on the back of our current form.

I agree that a voucher system would be fair as well but I wouldn't introduce that idea until the target number of packages had been sold.

Well done Ian Maxwell and everyone involved in marketing the club at the moment - you're all doing a fantastic job if fans are genuinely worried that they won't be able to get a ticket to a challenge cup match (albeit the final).

See you all on the 7th of April!

• Like 3

Fantastic.

I'm delighted the club is making the most of this commercial opportunity.

I don't know how many tickets that will affect but I don't believe that it will put too big a hole in the total number available. It's quite probable that a number of people that would have been at the front of the queue as season ticket holders will have taken this option and so the queue probably doesn't look much different from where your standing T.C. in reality.

Although, while it's nothing personal TC, I still hope we sell out and have to go requesting some of the Queens allocation. And if that's the case we should maximising the potential return on every ticket in any shameless way we can.

Well done the club.

My main concern is getting to sit with my mates in the singing section. Any idea if one part of the allocation will be stated seats and another, behind the goal maybe, will be open to who turns up first?

If its an all ticket game then the seat numbers will be allocated, and depending on the stewarding sitting down may be required

My main concern is getting to sit with my mates in the singing section. Any idea if one part of the allocation will be stated seats and another, behind the goal maybe, will be open to who turns up first?

My main concern is getting a ticket and being stuck next to a child for the game. Actually that is my idea of hell.

Singing section needs to happen (please)! :)!

I doubt very much there will be any standing section allowed at the final, as for a singing section, i think there should be enough high spirited Jag fans to have the place rocking all over our section.

I think what the club has done with the hospitality is excellent, only a couple of hundred of our allocation has been used and the club has made some good money. With the 9 game package and hospitality and the players allocation coming to a max of 1500 there should be at least 2500 tickets for a public sale, so no real worry for anyone that wants to go.

I doubt very much there will be any standing section allowed at the final, as for a singing section, i think there should be enough high spirited Jag fans to have the place rocking all over our section.

I think what the club has done with the hospitality is excellent, only a couple of hundred of our allocation has been used and the club has made some good money. With the 9 game package and hospitality and the players allocation coming to a max of 1500 there should be at least 2500 tickets for a public sale, so no real worry for anyone that wants to go.

Whereas for Dumbarton, final game of the season........