Team For Falkirk

Mr Bunny

Latest news is Muirhead is sick and O'Donnell isn't quite ready yet so it looks like Paton at RB. I've kept Doolan in the team so Erskine and Forbes on the bench along with Craigan.

Fox,

Paton Balatoni Archibald, Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Welsh Doolan

Craig,

Subs Daniels, Craigan, Forbes, Erskine, Halsman.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Latest news is Muirhead is sick and O'Donnell isn't quite ready yet so it looks like Paton at RB. I've kept Doolan in the team so Erskine and Forbes on the bench along with Craigan.

Fox,

Paton Balatoni Archibald, Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Welsh Doolan

Craig,

Subs Daniels, Craigan, Forbes, Erskine, Halsman.

I'd go for the same team except for Erskine replacing Craig, and then obviously switching with Doolan.

^^ This

I'd go for Erskine replacing Doolan. At the moment I think that Craig is more of a goal threat and can also hold the ball up for Erskine and Lawless to run onto.

anyone who was at Dumbarton must agree that Craig shouldn't start - doolan up top with lawless and erskine supporting...

bannigan at full back is a good shout and leave PP where he is best.

Edited by P-T-118

anyone who was at Dumbarton must agree that Craig shouldn't start - doolan up top with lawless and erskine supporting...

bannigan at full back is a good shout and leave PP where he is best.

what i did see from the highlights were that doolans shots were powder puff and right at the keeper.

i still need to get this bannigan covering right back idea... folk want to play a lad who has never(?) played in that position ahead of someone who spent the last 6 or 7 years of their career playing there?

• Like 1

i still need to get this bannigan covering right back idea... folk want to play a lad who has never(?) played in that position ahead of someone who spent the last 6 or 7 years of their career playing there?

It's staggering. We've got plenty cover in midfield for Paton to go to right back. Hopefully that will happen.

I'm with PT on this one. I cannot understand why Bannigan would play RB having never played there previously.

Because Paton is better in midfield and not suited to a wing back role. If Bannigan is can play left back, is fairly two footed, and proven to be adaptable, then I'd like to see if it could work. We've got cover in midfield. Might not work, just a suggestion.

Because Paton is better in midfield and not suited to a wing back role. If Bannigan is can play left back, is fairly two footed, and proven to be adaptable, then I'd like to see if it could work. We've got cover in midfield. Might not work, just a suggestion.

Then play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Paton has experience at right-back in a back 4. Why risk Bannigan, left-footed, at right-back when he has no experience in that position. We cannot afford to take such unnecessary risks.

Fox

Bannigan - Balatoni - Archie - Sinclair

Paton

Welsh - Forbes

Lawless - Erskine

Craig

Team of the week winners this lot!

Simon, agreed but I'd have Craig and Doolan upfront with Lawless in behind them - worked really well for first 1/2 hour at Dumbarton.

I think Jackie will play Paton at RB though

I would go with Paton at RB, Forbes in playmaker role and Doolan in for Craig. Doolan got 2 in the season opener and Craig didn't get much change out of Darren Dods at the Westfield stadium in the 0-0 game.

Fox

Paton Balatoni Archibald Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Forbes Erskine

Doolan

Substitutes: Daniels, Black, Craigen, Craig and McGuigan.

I would go with Paton at RB, Forbes in playmaker role and Doolan in for Craig. Doolan got 2 in the season opener and Craig didn't get much change out of Darren Dods at the Westfield stadium in the 0-0 game.

Fox

Paton Balatoni Archibald Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Forbes Erskine

Doolan

Substitutes: Daniels, Black, Craigen, Craig and McGuigan.

No place for Welsh?

Craig and Doolan should not start together, they are too similar and do not communicate, in fact I would go as far to say they actively dislike each other going by the body language and the former's failure to celebrate the latter's goal at Livi. At Dumbarton they were constantly running in to each other's space making them easy to mark although I would qualify that by saying that the high cross balls we were putting into the box in the first half played to Dumbarton's strengths.

Craig and Doolan should not start together, they are too similar and do not communicate, in fact I would go as far to say they actively dislike each other going by the body language and the former's failure to celebrate the latter's goal at Livi. At Dumbarton they were constantly running in to each other's space making them easy to mark although I would qualify that by saying that the high cross balls we were putting into the box in the first half played to Dumbarton's strengths.

:happy3: - yip hardly a glance in Doolan's direction.

Before anyone asks; I checked the video to make sure it was Craig.

Then play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Paton has experience at right-back in a back 4. Why risk Bannigan, left-footed, at right-back when he has no experience in that position. We cannot afford to take such unnecessary risks.

you mean like putting him at left back at the start of the season when he had no experiance, i would think that jackie trys his players in all sorts of posns (oooeeer missis) so see what they are capeable of.