Partick Thistle V Cowdenbeath

jagfox

I would be tempted to start with the team that finished vs Falkirk for the following reasons. The Cowdenbeath scout was at the game but left with abt 25 mins to go so probably didn't see Welsh at RB and will probably have worked out a way to play vs Bannigan. If it is not working we can interchange with Paton and or Bannigan. Unfortunately for Muirhead,even if he is fit, I don't think we can punt Conrad or Archie. If he is in team, he definitely shouldn't play at Right back as we only won 1 of he 5 he played there. My only dilemma is Craig or Doolan.

........................Fox

Muirhead.....Balatoni.....Archibald…. Sinclair

.......................Paton.................

.......... Welsh ……………..…...Forbes

……..... Erskine.................Bannigan

....................... Craig

Subs

Daniels

Murray

Mcguigan

Craigen

Doolan

Edited by Alan Murray

Murray dropped. Welsh at right back. Craigen deserves his chance after impressing last week.

...........................Fox...............................

Welsh.....Balatoni.....Archibald…. Sinclair

...............Paton.........Bannigan................

.........................Forbes............................

……..... Erskine..........Craigen.................

....................... Craig................................

Another winning team.

With the exception of Welsh for Lawless the same team that beat Falkirk needs to start.

Why change a winning team to bring back Muirhead who has been so poor at RB when Bannigan did well there? Muirhead has not been better than Balatoni or Achie at CB this season either.

I would give Doolan a chance soon though. Craig misses too many really good opportunities.

I think it is a bit harsh on Muirhead to say he hasn't been better than Archie or Conrad. In the 1st quarter of the season, everybody was raving about his displays at CB. In my opinion, our slump coincided with 2 events - Fox getting injured and Muirhead moving to CB. I agree that Archie and Conrad have been pretty decent, which is why I wouldn't put him back in just yet. I think he is going to have to wait.

Muirhead has not been better than Balatoni or Achie at CB this season either.

Muirhead has been excellent at centre-back. The other two have been great, but let's not forget how great Muirhead's done in there just because it hasn't happened for a while.

I'd go with the same team except Welsh or Craigen in for the injured Lawless. Maybe Doolan in for Craig, too. Don't think Muirhead's back for this?

According to this anyway - http://www.milngavieherald.co.uk/sport/home-is-where-the-points-are-for-determined-thistle-1-2756891

Muirhead has been ok at right back. He is happy to play anywhere for the team. He was injured the day before the Dumbarton game but still put in a shift. Top class imo. Centre back is his favoured position but like the rest of the squad is a team player.

Only Thistle could have fans who moan about two of the best players to pass through the Firhill gates in the last twenty years, imo.

Like the look of AlanMurray.'s team. Don't think we need to start with Shuggie against Cowden.

With the exception of Welsh for Lawless the same team that beat Falkirk needs to start.

Why change a winning team to bring back Muirhead who has been so poor at RB when Bannigan did well there? Muirhead has not been better than Balatoni or Achie at CB this season either.

I would give Doolan a chance soon though. Craig misses too many really good opportunities.

"Muirhead has not been better than Archie or Balatoni at CB"

That one line sums up this forum!

Total nonsense!

"Muirhead has not been better than Archie or Balatoni at CB"

That one line sums up this forum!

Total nonsense!

Agreed. Well, to a certain extent as I haven't been to the games he performed well in but believe the accounts on here. Some people were even claiming he was better than Hansen. He fits in best with the style of our team as he is more composed on the ball than Archie, whose passing has been great when I've seen him. Balatoni offers a goal threat from set pieces that we haven't had from a CB for as long as I can remember. Muirhead and Balatoni should be first choice, but Archie has done nothing wrong to lose his place so I'd leave him in for now.

Agreed. Well, to a certain extent as I haven't been to the games he performed well in but believe the accounts on here. Some people were even claiming he was better than Hansen. He fits in best with the style of our team as he is more composed on the ball than Archie, whose passing has been great when I've seen him. Balatoni offers a goal threat from set pieces that we haven't had from a CB for as long as I can remember. Muirhead and Balatoni should be first choice, but Archie has done nothing wrong to lose his place so I'd leave him in for now.

Archie and Balatoni have been great,but to say Muirhead is 3rd best CB is crazy talk!

I hope the poster was having a laugh,if not someone have a word in his ear! :)

Archie has done a lot better than I expected when he came in. I also respect his attitude when it comes to fitness, he's a total machine, and also changing his game and learning from Jackie and Sid. However he should have his coaching hat on and realised the future is Balatoni and Muirhead and allow them to play together when they can.