When Jackie Takes The United Job

The Legend Blows

Im not saying they are godo or not but I am pretty sure the following will apply

Billy Reid - Applied before we knocked him back as we wanted Dick Campbell

Paul Hartley - Done okay at Alloa

Ian Murray - Done okay at Dumbarton

Allan Johnston - Done okay with QOS

James Grady - Great player but did nothing on a far bigger budget as Manager of Morton - no thanks

If the post is available then I think those 5 would apply BUT all irrelevant if Jackie hopefully stays

Im not saying they are godo or not but I am pretty sure the following will apply

Billy Reid - Applied before we knocked him back as we wanted Dick Campbell

Paul Hartley - Done okay at Alloa

Ian Murray - Done okay at Dumbarton

Allan Johnston - Done okay with QOS

James Grady - Great player but did nothing on a far bigger budget as Manager of Morton - no thanks

If the post is available then I think those 5 would apply BUT all irrelevant if Jackie hopefully stays

The only person from that list that would apply is Grady, IF he has ambition to be a manager again.

OPINION: Jackie won't be going to Dundee United anyway, so it's irrelevant.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Graham Rix.

Phillipe Troussier.

John Lambie.

Mark Corcoran.

Tim Vincent.

All 5 are keen and would apply. I know ths following a late night discussing with Campbell Hughes.

When Jackie goes the board will go for somebody in a similar mould as Jackie imo.

Ian Murray and Paul Hartley are both interesting. Billy Reid is a good manager but his style of football rules him out.

I agree style of play is important. One thing that we've all appreciated this season is the way the manager has set his team out to play. He's proved you can be entertaining (most of the time) and challenge at the same time.

To bring in a manager who had the team playing stodgy dull football would have a really adverse effect on the support after a season (hopefully more) of seeing the current style of play. We need to bring in someone who can continue that style of play successfully and will be good at developing the youth side of things.

Personally I think Gareth Evans would be a good choice if we could get him (Livvy don't have the finances they used to so it would be a step up) - he's got his team playing in a good way and is a former Jag. But it's likely JMcN won't leave just yet so we won't know for sure who we can get until he does. Hopefully that's still a couple of years away.

Fact of the matter is that when replacing managers you can never tell what you're going to get.

'Experience' hasn't really served Thistle well since John left. Last season under Jackie was pretty dire for the most part - this season has been superb.

New (young) manager or old head? That's assuming he's moving, of course.

I think we should be following the Swansea model as close as possible. They lost several managers to bigger clubs on their ascent to the premiership but kept the same philosophy the whole time. We should be looking to implement a structure at Firhill that allows this to happen. The only people who should be considered for the job should be those who are prepared to follow the good work that Jackie and Sid have started. I'm talking about style of football, formation, youth development. For example, having every team at every age group playing the same formation and style of play.

• Like 6

The only person from that list that would apply is Grady, IF he has ambition to be a manager again.

OPINION: Jackie won't be going to Dundee United anyway, so it's irrelevant.

Given that Hartley applied for the Raith Rovers a post a few months back I think he would apply for the Jags Manager if the position was vacant

Given that Hartley applied for the Raith Rovers a post a few months back.

Source?

I don't think he'd apply because he's on the verge of leading Alloa(pending a successful playoff campaign) to consecutive promotions. He'd want a chance to see if he could keep them up, which would be his toughest job yet.

Source?

I don't think he'd apply because he's on the verge of leading Alloa(pending a successful playoff campaign) to consecutive promotions. He'd want a chance to see if he could keep them up, which would be his toughest job yet.

Paul Hartley would jump at the chance to manage us - big step up from Alloa.