Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Forget all this talk of hasbeens. I want Gareth to be the manager if Archie and Paterson don't get it. I like the way he plays football. I repeat, no hasbeens. "Evans for Thistle"

In what way are Paul Hartley or Ian Murray has beens?

People say we cant consider Ian Murray of Dumbarton because he has only managed a few games - well not that much less than Evans.

Some say we couldnt get Harltey or Johnson from QOS because we would have to pay compensation - Is their not more chance we would need to pay even more compensation to someone who Manages a first divison team?

Not for me. Well not yet anyway.

He's only been the interim manager of Livi for 10 games of which he has won only 5.

Also Livi would want compensation.

The Cup, your post infers he's stepped off the pitch straight into a managers jacket.

Evans has spent the last 9 years working across the lower leagues of scotland in assistant manager roles and coaching roles.

At Alloa he started in the coaching staff to step up to assistant manager.

He then became assistant manager to Michael O'Neill at Brechin (this was when o'neill was touted for moves to bigger clubs).

In 2007 he became the coach of Hibs reserves, stepping up as caretaker manager when Hughes left in 2010. he only left hibs in 2011 as Fenlon brought in his own team...

He became Livi's first team coach last summer again working under Hughes, taking up the managers roll when Hughes left.

I'd say thats a pretty good CV for someone of our level, especially his experience in coaching both in lower league and SPL teams.

He's got Livi playing, some would say, the best football in the league, and if they win their games in hand could sit equal on points with ourselves.

• Like 2

I would categorise Brown under the same "don't touch with a barge pole" list as MacPherson and Duffy. He would be expensive, has bugger all experience of Scottish football, very questionable man-management skills and doesn't have an overly impressive record. Would be utter madness and a complete publicity stunt.

• Like 2

The Cup, your post infers he's stepped off the pitch straight into a managers jacket.

Evans has spent the last 9 years working across the lower leagues of scotland in assistant manager roles and coaching roles.

At Alloa he started in the coaching staff to step up to assistant manager.

He then became assistant manager to Michael O'Neill at Brechin (this was when o'neill was touted for moves to bigger clubs).

In 2007 he became the coach of Hibs reserves, stepping up as caretaker manager when Hughes left in 2010. he only left hibs in 2011 as Fenlon brought in his own team...

He became Livi's first team coach last summer again working under Hughes, taking up the managers roll when Hughes left.

I'd say thats a pretty good CV for someone of our level, especially his experience in coaching both in lower league and SPL teams.

He's got Livi playing, some would say, the best football in the league, and if they win their games in hand could sit equal on points with ourselves.

Dave do you know if Livingston would require compensation for him?

At the end of the article there's a number of reasons why Archie and Shaggy should get to at least the end of the season.

If the players are behind them, recognise Archie's contribution thusfar and they have the benefit of being directly involved, that might be enough to persuade the board to give them a shout. It would also be the cheaper but not necesarily the worst option.

Dave do you know if Livingston would require compensation for him?

I have really no idea... however what i would say is that he seems to be continually called "interim manager".

is that wrong?

or is that the case.... and there is no contract in place.... or a small compensation pay out?

either way, i reckon we have received a substantial payout from united, certainly a years wage each for "them".

its now down to the board to decide how that sum is used... do they use it to plug a financial gap in our accounts and bring in an unattached manager (some would say the correct decision for the clubs long term health).

or do we use that money to pay off another club, and get a manager currently in employment?

that answers its self, depending on the depth of applications, i suppose.

I remember Danny Lennon getting promotion to the second divison then got them through the play off to the first. Dont think that has been done with a team since - I may be wrong.

Paul Hartley has got Allao promoted from third to second and could be in with a shout for the play offs to the first - definetly has serious potential and as previously said surely we could afford the money to take him off Alloa

Do we want another ladder climber that will jetison us at the first sniff of a 'better' job? Hmmm. Brown Phil is one of many former 'big time' gaffers who are currently between posts.

If we're looking for a short to medium term interim then fair enough, but I personally don't see much point in taking on a Bertie Big Bollox type guy if we're looking for a longer term growth and development plan, build around the vision of a particular individual.

I remember Danny Lennon getting promotion to the second divison then got them through the play off to the first. Dont think that has been done with a team since - I may be wrong.

Paul Hartley has got Allao promoted from third to second and could be in with a shout for the play offs to the first - definetly has serious potential and as previously said surely we could afford the money to take him off Alloa

Just failed my eye test reading this!! :shok:

At the end of the article there's a number of reasons why Archie and Shaggy should get to at least the end of the season.

If the players are behind them, recognise Archie's contribution thusfar and they have the benefit of being directly involved, that might be enough to persuade the board to give them a shout. It would also be the cheaper but not necesarily the worst option.

Im not so sure Archie really wants to be manager at this stage, I think he'd rather still be playing, i think the Thistle board of directors with Archie having been a player for many years at Firhill are being careful not to put too much pressure on Archie by throwing him in at the deep end, because what if it doesnt work out and we dont get to the SPL and lose the Ramsdens cup ? Does Archie feel he has to leave ? this is why I think the board are looking for a more experienced manager at this time.

Im not so sure Archie really wants to be manager at this stage, I think he'd rather still be playing, i think the Thistle board of directors with Archie having been a player for many years at Firhill are being careful not to put too much pressure on Archie by throwing him in at the deep end, because what if it doesnt work out and we dont get to the SPL and lose the Ramsdens cup ? Does Archie feel he has to leave ? this is why I think the board are looking for a more experienced manager at this time.

The danger for Archie though is that he has probably one more season max as a player. If he turns down the opportunity to move into management now with Thistle, then who knows if he'll ever get another chance. There is no guarantee that whoever comes in will want to retain him either as a player or as a coach.