Archie And Scott Paterson

stuart_adam

Thought it'd take me ages to get over yesterday's news but now that its all official and jackie snake eyes has shown his true colours I'm up for the title charge more than ever.good luck to big Archie n shaggy.has the potential to be a good partnership.

That statement was beautifully crafted. To me it read as if the Board are really so much closer to the support than in many a year.

Very pleased with the announcement of these two Thistle stalwarts.

We took a knock but we are back on our feet - watchout Cowdenbeath!!

Will be interesting to see whether archie plays or not. I'm not a great fan of the player manager approach and do worry that having management responsibility when playing can lead to players taking their eye off the ball. Also very difficult to make sub decisions while playing. Board put in difficult spot however because continuity essential at this stage. I'm sure we will pull through and cross the line in front.

Interesting to see whether Archie continues playing or will he partner Muirhead with Balatoni. Also could we spend whatever compensation we got on soon to be out of contract players.

IMO, Archie will have to manage from the sidelines. It's hard enough for an experienced player-manager to play well and assess the rest of the game, make appropriate substitutions, switch formations etc, but it's a no-brainer in this case as it also brings big Aaron straight back into central defence which is where he should be anyway.

Really optomistic about this pairing was pleased when I read about this.

Both played their part during a successful era in the clubs history.

Archie knows what the current team is all about, Shaggy's been coaching for a while and has the experience.

Sideburns now being extended.

Mon The Jags.

Great news and good to see the board taking quick and decisive action. They clearly knew what was happening and that the old management team were readying themselves for the off.

Whilst I obviously wish the old management team all the best, they're now yesterday's men and we must all move on. Their job was, after all, only half-done. But great whilst it lasted and I'm sure Archie and Shaggy will know what is to be done. Not much of an ask, just WIN the league and the cup. They're obviously off to a flyer as they've no fans to win over.

Returning to Jackie and Simon, hope it works out for them but I have my doubts. Leave it at that, but thanks for the memories...

Great news that the BoD have taken swift action and appointed a known entity. Have a feeling this could go either way, but all the signs are good and the squad is in place for a great end to the season.

All the best to Jackie, too. I don't hold this against him, but he'll never be remembered as the man who lead Thistle to promotion.

I wonder how long Shaggy's deal is? End of the season, or month to month.

Board have bought themselves some time and I guess will wait and see how it pans out.

Both players have won this league with us, and that'd be a nice wee bit of history for them, 2 players that won the league together then go on 10 years later to win it as our management team.

Cmon theeeeselll!!!

Sensible move in a difficult situation. There was no time to waste looking about for someone as our position as still league contenders could very well have suffered while they did. So an element of safety first but bringing in Patterson is interesting.

Archie knows the players, the system and has the backing of key players in the club. Patterson will have the backing of the fans and he does seem to have done a fair bit of coaching. This allows us to keep things going and if it works out well the appointment may become permanent. If we fail, we fail but ... well you know the rest.

It will at least test my theory that he's too quiet and nice a guy to be a manager. At least he seems to have players' support.