Archie And Scott Paterson

stuart_adam

Now that I've had time to contemplate the whole situation, I'm actually slightly happy that Jackie's gone. His heart obviously wasn't in it. Yes, money is a big factor in football etc, but I still think leaving a job half done, considering that more lucrative offers were inevitable at the end of the season, is pretty poor. As much as I loved Jackie's style of play, I never thought of him as a "Jags man." On the other hand, I didn't particularly like McCall's style of play, but something tells me he has a bigger affinity with Thistle, despite him at one point chasing the Dundee job.

As far as the managerial appointment goes, I'm pretty happy. Archie never seems to be overly vocal on the pitch, but neither did Jackie in his playing days, so I guess the old fashioned shouting managerial style is a little outdated. I think it is up to the players now more than ever to stand up and be counted, as they have been. I'm sure the squad will use this as motivation over the next four months to make one big last push for the title. The fans are needed now more than ever also, and I look forward to seeing what kind of turn out we can get the next time we are back at FIrhill.

• Like 1

Now that I've had time to contemplate the whole situation, I'm actually slightly happy that Jackie's gone. His heart obviously wasn't in it. Yes, money is a big factor in football etc, but I still think leaving a job half done, considering that more lucrative offers were inevitable at the end of the season, is pretty poor. As much as I loved Jackie's style of play, I never thought of him as a "Jags man." On the other hand, I didn't particularly like McCall's style of play, but something tells me he has a bigger affinity with Thistle, despite him at one point chasing the Dundee job.

As far as the managerial appointment goes, I'm pretty happy. Archie never seems to be overly vocal on the pitch, but neither did Jackie in his playing days, so I guess the old fashioned shouting managerial style is a little outdated. I think it is up to the players now more than ever to stand up and be counted, as they have been. I'm sure the squad will use this as motivation over the next four months to make one big last push for the title. The fans are needed now more than ever also, and I look forward to seeing what kind of turn out we can get the next time we are back at FIrhill.

Good post. We now have two Jags legends overseeing the players, guys who know what the club means to the supporters, lets unite and push on and make 2013 a great year for the Jags, We Are All Thistle.

To go on and win either the league, or ideally both, under the stewardship of two such living legends as AA and SP would enhance the Jaggy orgasm factor to an unquantifiable level.

Our Thistle lives must and will go on. In fact I'm struggling to remember the names of those two wee Tims who popped in for a cameo and left us a wee pressie.

This great club of ours now has as its leaders two giants in the pantheon of Jaggy greatness. To win a trophy or two under their leadership will eclipse anything we've been blessed with for over 40 years.

"There's only one Arch & Shaggy"

Two guys who know what the club means to the fans. Two legends, for different reasons, but always rated in great XIs. Two guys who know what it means to be on the pitch when you win a league Title. Two winners. What more could you want from a manager and assistant who step into the breach?

Next 4 games:

Cowdenbeath - huge Jags support to welcome them and the players

Raith Rovers - big Jags support to keep the momentum going and make sure they know we aren't going anywhere.

Morton - if I have to tell you, shouldn't you be elsewhere?

Airdrie. - big welcome home at the top of the league!

We believe....still! One Thistle!

• Like 2

Two guys who know what the club means to the fans. Two legends, for different reasons, but always rated in great XIs. Two guys who know what it means to be on the pitch when you win a league Title. Two winners. What more could you want from a manager and assistant who step into the breach?

Next 4 games:

Cowdenbeath - huge Jags support to welcome them and the players

Raith Rovers - big Jags support to keep the momentum going and make sure they know we aren't going anywhere.

Morton - if I have to tell you, shouldn't you be elsewhere?

Airdrie. - big welcome home at the top of the league!

We believe....still! One Thistle!

THIS !!!

Is anyone else nervous about this appointment?? as has been posted before if we went on and won the league and or the cup it would be a monumental achievement..

Just don't like the idea of Archie's legendary status becoming tainted should things go t its up!!

Oh and Jackie your still a wee whanger!

Edited to add.....Good that Shaggy is involved..wonder if Archie had a say in this??

Edited by Chicofan

To go on and win either the league, or ideally both, under the stewardship of two such living legends as AA and SP would enhance the Jaggy orgasm factor to an unquantifiable level.

Our Thistle lives must and will go on. In fact I'm struggling to remember the names of those two wee Tims who popped in for a cameo and left us a wee pressie.

This great club of ours now has as its leaders two giants in the pantheon of Jaggy greatness. To win a trophy or two under their leadership will eclipse anything we've been blessed with for over 40 years.

"There's only one Arch & Shaggy"

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frantic:

• Like 1

Chicofan I don't think it would be tainted. Gerry Britton had a nightmare for us, I loved him as a player, but we struggled with relegation dogfight that year and ultimately went down under Campbell.

If Archie crashes and burns, it'll be a shame, but not his fault, still can't see us finishing anything less than 2nd, if he finishes runner up and wins challenge for example, we could hardly say his reputation is tainted. We are by no means heavy favourites to win league, so it's nit like it's our league to throw away.

So i think his cult status can only be enhanced by these next few months.

If we don't win anything and finish poorly, it'll be blamed on jackie and sid for dropping us in it.

Chicofan I don't think it would be tainted. Gerry Britton had a nightmare for us, I loved him as a player, but we struggled with relegation dogfight that year and ultimately went down under Campbell.

If Archie crashes and burns, it'll be a shame, but not his fault, still can't see us finishing anything less than 2nd, if he finishes runner up and wins challenge for example, we could hardly say his reputation is tainted. We are by no means heavy favourites to win league, so it's nit like it's our league to throw away.

So i think his cult status can only be enhanced by these next few months.

If we don't win anything and finish poorly, it'll be blamed on jackie and sid for dropping us in it.

Well put :thumbsup2:

People are talking about it as if they're here for the long haul. It may well turn out that way, but for now they are interim managers. I wish them all the best, and I hope they do so well they get the position permanently and do well in that too. I just feel there's no need to talk about them tainting their reputations when it's just a temporary position.

Going into this second half of the season with a different management is no train smash , it could in fact be the better thing, our opponents sussed our game plan after playing us once under Jackie n Sid but now we are a new challenge to them , with the same talented squad playing against them but under different orders perhaps ? Whatever happens it promises to be an exciting 2nd half of a season , lets hear it for " The Jags " !!!!!!

I think what differentiates this situation with Whyte/Britton and various other appointments is that they're taking control at a time when the club is flying.

Whyte and Britton took over at a desperate time and as rookies had to turn the club around. That is significantly harder than the job that Archie and Shaggy have, they just need to keep things going. They have a settled, happy squad who are full of confidence.

• Like 2

I think it's the best move the club could have made at this time - the usual list of managerial suspects was completely uninspiring. Of course the fans would have backed the team no matter what, but can anyone imagine Gus McPherson, Billy Reid or any of the other serial losers really rallying the fans? With this move we have the continuity that we need, the players seemed to want Archie, and Shaggy's return ensures the fans will be right up for it from the start. The Board may decide he isn't the man for the job long-term (if the concept of long-term even exists at a club like Thistle), but for now, I think it's the correct move.

Shaggy was a true hero of mine as a player, I'm delighted to see him back at the club. The classiest player I have seen at Firhill - even in that duff loan spell under Campbell when he got injured and hardly played, I still remember him roasting Peter McDonald down at his own corner flag and strolling away into midfield with the ball. He probably proceeded to give it away and then get injured, but for maybe 10 seconds he shone a light on an otherwise dismal scene. Shaggy for Scotland!

Edited by Vladimir Putin
  • Like 2

Shaggy was a true hero of mine as a player, I'm delighted to see him back at the club. The classiest player I have seen at Firhill - even in that duff loan spell under Campbell when he got injured and hardly played, I still remember him roasting Peter McDonald down at his own corner flag and strolling away into midfield with the ball. He probably proceeded to give it away and then get injured, but for maybe 10 seconds he shone a light on an otherwise dismal scene. Shaggy for Scotland!

I met him a couple of months after his last appearance under DC when he got injured after about 10 minutes. I told him that he'd played more football in the 10 minutes than the rest of DC's side had played all season. He was a wee bit embarrassed but seemed genuinely chuffed with the compliment.

Sung to the tune "That's the way I like it" (KC and the Sunshine band)

Archibald (oh yes, oh yes) and Shaggy (oh yes, oh yes)

Archibald (oh yes, oh yes) and Shaggy (oh yes, oh yes)

Doo doo doo doo doo doo Thistle doo :evil:

Doo doo doo doo doo our Thistle Two :music:

Trouble with an interim management team is will they be allowed to make any major decisions ? Will they be able to sign anyone, look at potentail signings or negotiate new deals with the players who will be out of contract at the end of the season ? Will any of the players be willing to commit to a

new contract when they don't know who the manager is going to be ?

I kNow it's desperately cliched, and tainted by association with that racist turd Terry, but any chance we could get a banner for Saturday that says ' Archibald - legend, leader, manager' on it for display at Cowdenbeath ? It would look great on the terracing and maybe get more coverage than some poxy Scottish Cup tie....