Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

Picked my tickets up from the sorting office this morning. Many thanks to the Royal Mail who guessed my house number correctly as the envelope only had my flat number and not the house number written on it.

Gutted that I'm in row A, but as said before, I'll be among the first on the pitch :evil:

not before me,I'm in AA!!

Lets deal with your points in sequential order.

Yes, really.

2. Define "regularly". If you go to Firhill more than me does that mark you out somehow as a better fan of the club? Never at any moment have I suggested I was "more deserving" than anyone else. I merely mentioned that I had missed the public sale and was hopeful of either a ticket in an extended batch or would be watching it on TV.

3. You have twice jumped to assumptions that the ST holders I know are both "friends" and that somehow - in that G-SUS world you inhabit - that I therefore don't ask anyone for favours. They are passing acquaintances and to ask them for a favour would not be appropriate.

4. Verbal diarrhea of the highest order. Any Thistle fan mentioning the word gloryhunter - and hoping to be taken seriously - is obviously a total tool.

You obviously are not au fait with the correct definition of hypocrite - perhaps you should look it up dear chap as your 4 option set of suggestions (and subsequent edit) have clearly marked your good self out as one.

2. You're the one who said you played football on a Saturday afternoon. From that it would be fair to assume that you have hardly went to Firhill. You had plenty of time to secure a ticket and failed to do so. As I've already stated, this wasn't personally at you, more at all these people who have moaned about Livingston being "too small".

3. I'd have no qualms with asking people if I could use their - excess - ticket. If they said no, then I'd have to take my chance in the public sale.

4. So what would you term Partick Thistle "fans" who don't go to league games but want a ticket for the final then?

I don't understand the argument that if someone hasn't managed to sort out a ticket it is their own fault because they have had plenty of time. I thought all tickets have been sold for the Thistle end. I also don't understand why people wouldn't want everyone that wants one to get one

It's nuts!

It's a chance to perhaps get some lapsed fans back interested - even if only a few return to Firhill regularly. You also have the Nomads, many of whom can only realistically attend the odd game.

Only season ticket holders were guaranteed a ticket (two actually, which I, as a season ticket holder, didn't think was right). The remaining tickets were dished out on a first-come-first-served basis - regulars / semi regulars could well be missing out.

It's clear Thistle could easily have sold more than 4,600 tickets, therefore Almondvale is too small.

Going by the logic of some on here the Hearts v St. Mirren League Cup final should be played somewhere like Easter Road or Pittodrie, even though demand would exceed supply.

Approximately 8,000 tickets (for fans ex. sponsors, blazers, officials etc.) for a final involving Thistle and QoS is too few (needlessly so).

Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 1

2. You're the one who said you played football on a Saturday afternoon. From that it would be fair to assume that you have hardly went to Firhill. You had plenty of time to secure a ticket and failed to do so. As I've already stated, this wasn't personally at you, more at all these people who have moaned about Livingston being "too small".

3. I'd have no qualms with asking people if I could use their - excess - ticket. If they said no, then I'd have to take my chance in the public sale.

4. So what would you term Partick Thistle "fans" who don't go to league games but want a ticket for the final then?

2. You obviously don't recognise that the state of local grass pitches deteriorates rapidly from October to February and amateur matches are usually off when the grass is (a) is wet (b ) could get wet or (c ) the groundsman has a hangover - so wrong assumption I do make a fair few home and away games not that it should need justified. I don't have a season ticket for that reason and so the public sale was my only avenue for purchase. I forgot about it and therefore missed my chance.

3. You may have no qualms but I do. No point in getting tickets for myself and my 3 kids from 4 seperate sources and sat in 4 different locations.

4. a Thistle "fan" - which you term a gloryhunter - is simply a Thistle fan. No inverted commas, no bullshit gloryhunter tag and no delusions of grandeur over any other fan.

My only question to yourself would be - if you are a regular attendee at Firhill then why don't you have a ST given that you had to rely on the public sale?

Enjoy the game.

Edited by gianlucatoni

I love this. As a Partick Thistle fan for 30+ years I have never been accused of being a glory hunter. Until now. By a fellow jag. Amazing.

The fact is that everyone who can't attend regularly (for WHATEVER reason) will have to choose what matches they can attend according to their circumstances. It stands to reason that almost all of the "non-regular" attendees would want to go to see the Jags in a cup final. To label them glory hunters is laughable.

I may not be able to make it to firhill much these days, but I've never considered myself anything other than a staunch Thistle fan. And proud of it.

I managed to get a ticket, and I hope everyone gets one. The more jags there enjoying this occasion the better.

• Like 2

It's clear Thistle could easily have sold more than 4,600 tickets, therefore Almondvale is too small.

That would have been pure speculation from the SFL. There would have been nothing to support it, since they have never dealt with us in a final. They choose a venue, and gave allocations 1.5x ours and QOTS's average attendance. They are going to have it full, noisy and looking great on T.V., which is what their sponsors want, not a half empty ground.

My only question to yourself would be - if you are a regular attendee at Firhill then why don't you have a ST given that you had to rely on the public sale?

Who says I don't have a ST? I have numerous friends who don't have a ST, but attend regularly dependant on work shift patterns. I chose to wait with them so we could all be stood together, rather than split up throughout the ground.

The fact is that everyone who can't attend regularly (for WHATEVER reason) will have to choose what matches they can attend according to their circumstances. It stands to reason that almost all of the "non-regular" attendees would want to go to see the Jags in a cup final. To label them glory hunters is laughable.

People only want tickets for the finals, every support has an element of these glory hunters. There is nothing wrong with it, but I won't be disappointed if these fans who never attend a game don't get a ticket for one of our biggest in years.

People only want tickets for the finals, every support has an element of these glory hunters. There is nothing wrong with it, but I won't be disappointed if these fans who never attend a game don't get a ticket for one of our biggest in years.

You don't seem to grasp the point brick top is making. And I will be disappointed if anyone who wants to see a feckin' Ramsden Cup final can't get a ticket.

That would have been pure speculation from the SFL. There would have been nothing to support it, since they have never dealt with us in a final. They choose a venue, and gave allocations 1.5x ours and QOTS's average attendance. They are going to have it full, noisy and looking great on T.V., which is what their sponsors want, not a half empty

According to a fan on the QoS forum their average attendance is approx. 1,500 - as they've only had one crowd over 2,000 this season (on Boxing Day) I'd imagine this won't be far off the mark - 1,500 x 1.5 = 2,250 (they received 3,300).

I don't recall anyone suggesting playing the final at a ground where it would be half full. It's clear that the attendance could easily be over 10,000, but it has been unnecessarily limited.

The SFL should know fine well Thistle and QoS can mobilize more fans than their average attendances suggest.

Sponsors want as much publicity they can get and that means maximising the number of people that see their adverts. What better way than to make sure that everybody that wants gets to the game?

That just isn't how it works I'm afraid. Ramsdens whole sponsorship campaign will be completely centred around the live games - especially the final. The attendance at the actual game itself will not make a jot of difference to them. Having 12,000 people in a 20,000 capacity stadium would not be good value for a sponsor as the ordinary viewer could perceive them as a brand backing an unpopular tournament. Makes much more sense for them to be associated with a game that is completely sold out. That way the game, the tournament, and the sponsor itself get more headlines.

They will be delighted that the game has sold out and certainly would not want it moved to another ground.

Apparently they are planning a big card display - which you couldn't do unless the place was full.

According to a fan on the QoS forum their average attendance is approx. 1,500 - as they've only had one crowd over 2,000 this season (on Boxing Day) I'd imagine this won't be far off the mark - 1,500 x 1.5 = 2,250 (they received 3,300).

I don't recall anyone suggesting playing the final at a ground where it would be half full. It's clear that the attendance could easily be over 10,000, but it has been unnecessarily limited.

The SFL should know fine well Thistle and QoS can mobilize more fans than their average attendances suggest.

Seriously mate - change the record.

Exactly, so they've given, based on average attendances(which is all you can base it on), allocations far superior to our average home attendances. We've sold them out, which is what everyone wants.

Where would you play it then? Bearing in mind your two criteria are 1. Must be an all seated SFL ground and 2. Must be "equi-distant" between Dumfries and Glasgow(Yes I am aware Livingston isn't in the "middle" of the two, but it's the most accessible train line as well as motorways all the way allowing for safe road travel). It hasn't been necessarily limited at all. That's before we even get to the condition of pitches.

Based on what? Speculation?

Exactly, so they've given, based on average attendances(which is all you can base it on), allocations far superior to our average home attendances. We've sold them out, which is what everyone wants.

You claimed the SFL gave allocations 1.5 x ave. attendance - I was merely demonstrating that isn't the case.

They've given (roughly) Thistle x 1.5 and QoS x 2.2.

The stipulation that it must be played in an SFL ground is nonsense - Livingston don't even own Almondvale.

Edited by Charlie Endell

That just isn't how it works I'm afraid. Ramsdens whole sponsorship campaign will be completely centred around the live games - especially the final. The attendance at the actual game itself will not make a jot of difference to them. Having 12,000 people in a 20,000 capacity stadium would not be good value for a sponsor as the ordinary viewer could perceive them as a brand backing an unpopular tournament. Makes much more sense for them to be associated with a game that is completely sold out. That way the game, the tournament, and the sponsor itself get more headlines.

They will be delighted that the game has sold out and certainly would not want it moved to another ground.

Apparently they are planning a big card display - which you couldn't do unless the place was full.

Fir Park holds 13,000 odd, so could have been packed almost full and wouldn't have denied anyone a ticket. You could simply not release tickets for the front two rows for "safety reasons" which would remove over a thousand from the official capacity and allow it to be called a sellout if that's so desirable.

I'm far from convinced that Ramsden's sponsorship campaign is "completely centred" around the live games. Apart from games involving Rangers (and that was a bonus for Ramsden's as sponsorship was agreed before it was known Rangers would be participating) the attendances have been lowly e.g. Thistle v Raith or Cowden v Thistle (the latter looked great on TV I imagine - I didn't actually see it as I was down in Sussex).

How many people looking to pawn their sovvy rings watch BBC Alba? Coverage in the Record, Sun etc. will be far wider reaching.

"the ordinary viewer could perceive them as a brand backing an unpopular tournament"

Like it :lol:.

Edited by Charlie Endell