Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

The stipulation that it must be played in an SFL ground is nonsense - Livingston don't even own Almondvale.

Yet that is the precedent the SFL have set. Keep it in an SFL ground unless it's completely non viable. The only non SFL ground used recently, from memory, was McDiarmid Park when ICT and Dundee played and it was the only logical ground.

Yet that is the precedent the SFL have set. Keep it in an SFL ground unless it's completely non viable. The only non SFL ground used recently, from memory, was McDiarmid Park when ICT and Dundee played and it was the only logical ground.

Motherwell. Easy access, viable, between the two clubs. The only logical ground (as opposed to Braidwood Motor Company Arena).

Edited by yoda-jag

I commented on a thread back last year saying this game was in the wrong venue for both clubs and I still stand by that. Even though we have had 5 months until the final the powers that be have never consulted the fans on what they think once.

The logical venue for me was always Rugby park. As probably pointed out the argument that it must be an SFL ground does not hold up when it has been played at SPL grounds on numorous past occassions

On a Sunday game at 4.05pm it still had the best travel options for both supports. Remember this game could go to extra time and penalties and that would make for a late and hopefully depressing journey back to Dumfries for QOTS fans. But I think it may have put off many of our support, particulary the elderly.

Kilmarnock would also have been a better location just for the day out value. It has much better facilities (pubs, cafes etc).

The way demand is shaping up 12-13000 tickets could have been sold and if you throw in a few neutrals that would likely that have been taken up around Killy that ground could also have been virtually full and would have had a great atmosphere.

I do think if most of our fans could have bought more tickets they would have instead of being limited to a set number. I think this gives a false impression of just how many tickets we could have sold.

Its disappointing that having a sell out is more important than giving supporters a day out to remember. That one fan will not get to see this match if he wants to is one fan to many. Thats a disgrace after waiting 41 years.

• Like 1

I commented on a thread back last year saying this game was in the wrong venue for both clubs and I still stand by that. Even though we have had 5 months until the final the powers that be have never consulted the fans on what they think once.

The logical venue for me was always Rugby park. As probably pointed out the argument that it must be an SFL ground does not hold up when it has been played at SPL grounds on numorous past occassions

On a Sunday game at 4.05pm it still had the best travel options for both supports. Remember this game could go to extra time and penalties and that would make for a late and hopefully depressing journey back to Dumfries for QOTS fans. But I think it may have put off many of our support, particulary the elderly.

Kilmarnock would also have been a better location just for the day out value. It has much better facilities (pubs, cafes etc).

The way demand is shaping up 12-13000 tickets could have been sold and if you throw in a few neutrals that would likely that have been taken up around Killy that ground could also have been virtually full and would have had a great atmosphere.

I do think if most of our fans could have bought more tickets they would have instead of being limited to a set number. I think this gives a false impression of just how many tickets we could have sold.

Its disappointing that having a sell out is more important than giving supporters a day out to remember. That one fan will not get to see this match if he wants to is one fan to many. Thats a disgrace after waiting 41 years.

Spot on.

We're in a cup final. There will be more tickets available for Jags fans. QoS wont bring much more than 3000 since they cant get 2000 fans to home games despite having their best season in years.

Unfortunately that's not looking likely - QoS have fewer than 400 tickets left. Even if they do send some back it'll be a very small amount - it's unlikely these would be given to Thistle due to segregation issues.

Unfortunately that's not looking likely - QoS have fewer than 400 tickets left. Even if they do send some back it'll be a very small amount - it's unlikely these would be given to Thistle due to segregation issues.

Still means there are well over 1000 tickets unaccounted for. The SFL and Ramsdens are not going to need 1400 tickets for sponsors etc. We WILL get more tickets, I am sure of it.

Queens have had their tickets on sale for over a week (in which they have also had a home game where they were on sale) and still have hundreds left. Ours were on public sale for one afternoon and sold out.

At the moment I make it roughly 2,000 (minus segregation) unaccounted for?? Hopefully there will be more tickets coming our way.

That's my understanding also.

I cannot imagine a scenarion where we dont get more tickets. Hopefully as many as possible. The more Jags fans there, the better.

Its disappointing that having a sell out is more important than giving supporters a day out to remember. That one fan will not get to see this match if he wants to is one fan too many. Thats a disgrace after waiting 41 years.

This is the most accurate line in this entire thread. To see Jags fans showing the "I'm alright jack" attitude towards fellow jags is very disappointing. I always thought we were better than that.

Apparently not.

• Like 5

This is the most accurate line in this entire thread. To see Jags fans showing the "I'm alright jack" attitude towards fellow jags is very disappointing. I always thought we were better than that.

Apparently not.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

News flash : the venue ain't changing, its currently sold out out,

Can we move on and look forward to it now

Oh f***, and I thought this thread was going to convince the authorities to move it to the Nou Camp to fit in the hordes. Thanks for pointing this out.

Fixed for you :happy2:

Oh f***, and I thought this thread was going to convince the authorities to move it to the Nou Camp to fit in the hordes. Thanks for pointing this out.

Think what you like.

Admittedly my post could have been put better but I am just fed up of all the negativity towards a final that we should be looking forward too.

Matchday hospitality deal at the Livi stadium now advertised; one dear-ish way of getting a ticket:

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...y_at_livingston

Does anyone know the amount of tickets NOT available directly to Jags or Queens fans? Hardly surprising the host club will have a good few of the "spares" to market but I know of one punter getting tickets from at face value an unlikely source.

To see Jags fans showing the "I'm alright jack" attitude towards fellow jags is very disappointing. I always thought we were better than that.

Apparently not.

This.

Disappointing comments from some fellow Jags fans in this regard - but I suppose there exists on this forum a microcosm of society at large and we all know how imperfect that is.

Enjoy the game troops - one and all irrespective of your positive or negative comments - I'll be settling for a few cold Peroni's and a commentary from BBC Allleeeebaaaaaa in pure teuchter.

:thumbsup2:

Edited by gianlucatoni