Great Result. Poor Performance, Again!

jagielka

And you don't believe the fog benefitted Cowdenbeath given that it benefited their "hoof it forward" tactics?

I think we will remain unbeaten over the next 3 away games. We'll beat Raith(their third game in 7 days), we'll beat Accies(their third game in 10 days) and we'll draw with Cowdenbeath.

Whatever tactics a team use against us we have to deal with. Very glad we played our 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card that night.

Seven points would be a great return from these games and Champions form.

Kicktalk's match report and analysis are well worth a listen, particularly George Rowe's comments at the end. I really hope we ram his prediction down his throat in a few weeks time...

http://www.kicktalk.co.uk/?p=7409

A bizarre point made by the 2 of them about the nervousness of the crowd affecting the players when the team have 13 wins out of 14 at Firhill.

A bizarre point made by the 2 of them about the nervousness of the crowd affecting the players when the team have 13 wins out of 14 at Firhill.

And that is it in a nutshell. That's 13 wins, no draws and one loss to date. That is an INCREDIBLE record. Look how many goals we've scored and the few we've conceded - I can remember pretty much every one scored against us, because there's so few.

I thought that as well. Worth mentioning also that Archie took time (unprompted) to praise the support for their patience after the Airdrie game.

Maybe Rowe is still bitter that he got injured when DC signed him...

If Archie has tightened things up slightly then I think he had every right to do so. First priority away from home should always be not to concede early.

McNamara had us playing great football but there's no denying he had run out of ideas away from home.

Look at Dundee United at Parkhead the other week. They had a right go at Celtic and scored 2 goals. Only problem being that they conceded 6.

So if Archie is making us harder to beat then that's fine with me.

I cannot believe that some people are complaining about performances when we have taken 13 points from the last 15. These people don't deserve this team.

The Cowdenbeath game is irrelevant - why people are continuing to mention it is beyond me. Anyone would think that we hadn't won since, the way some folk are going on about it.

Those mistakes were made by the Press Association which supplies live match updates to the BBC, Sky and other media companies. I think that they have been corrected as the BBC got Lawless and Doolan right yesterday.

'Doohlan' scored our third, according to my Sky sports phone app.

Those mistakes were made by the Press Association which supplies live match updates to the BBC, Sky and other media companies. I think that they have been corrected as the BBC got Lawless and Doolan right yesterday.

They haven't.

The on-line vidiprinter on Saturday credited the goals to Lawleff and Doohlan.

On the JH side, you could see SoD check himself a few times, coming back for the ball rather than make a run. I'm sure he's under instructions there.

Watch when he checks his runs though, most of the time its when Muirhead has the ball and is running forward into space. Its also a tactic to stop and go, draw the fullback or make him think he is stopping them use his speed to get by him. Worked on 2 or 3 occasions..

They haven't.

The on-line vidiprinter on Saturday credited the goals to Lawleff and Doohlan.

A mate of mine wistfully pointed out, recently, that a couple of hundred years or so ago, Lawless would've been written more like Lawleff. Maybe there's some Shakespearian throwback geezer at the news agency that provides these feeds. :unknw: