Cowdenbeath, game on/off updates

Albert's Ghost

First trip to Central Park in over 40 years tomorrow. Time travel does exist!

Tomorrow will be my 3rd trip this season, having previous been at the Ramsden's semi and fog-gate. Prior to that I hadn't been in around 20 years, since our extra time B&Q Cup win.

Tomorrow will be my 3rd trip this season, having previous been at the Ramsden's semi and fog-gate. Prior to that I hadn't been in around 20 years, since our extra time B&Q Cup win.

That was a great game - at least it seems so from a distance of 20 years - big Gordon Rae is one of my all-time favourite Thistle players.

4th in 4 or 5 months for me!

Likewise, previous trip was the B&Q cup tie. It was that long ago I thought we got beat in extra time. Their floodlights are definetly better nowadays.

Two red puddings this season, going for the hat-trick tomorrow. Might not seem so appetizing in day-light right enough. Can I claim a discount as I bought one prior to Fog-gate? :P

That was a great game - at least it seems so from a distance of 20 years - big Gordon Rae is one of my all-time favourite Thistle players.

Likewise, previous trip was the B&Q cup tie. It was that long ago I thought we got beat in extra time.

Not sure if time is playing with me but I think big Rae's winner was a diving header. Quite a feat given the big guy's stature!

Loved that game. He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pound, Gordon Rae.

Was my only visit there until we played them in the league midweek a couple of seasons ago when we got an equaliser with 5 mins to go in front of about 450 folk. Think it's been the lowest corowd for any game I've ever watched involving us. Ryan McGowan (ex Hearts) made his debut on loan for us.

Team vs Cowdenbeath:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan - Welsh

Lawless - Erskine

Craigen

Craig

Stick with the team that did so well on Wednesday. Craigen was excellent in that role behind Doolan. I think we'll miss Paton, we looked very strong defensively first half when Paton was constantly breaking up the play. But Bannagan is still strong in that position. The only other option is to bring McMillan into that position but don't think we'll start him today.

Cowdenbeath will be even more fired up for this game. But we know how to beat them now. And we know the areas of the pitch to play football against them - that's up the park. Clear our lines first and foremost, and get the team up the park; this works well against Cowdenbeath because they play four forwards when attacking. Very tight win for the Jags. Mon the Jags.

Edited by simoncordiner