Mcnamara At Final

GrantB

"Jaggy Mac"

I always grued at the hero worship syrup spread across this forum. And got accused of being a bigot if I dared criticise "Jaggy Mac". (As an Atheist I always found that amusing and typically West of Scotland)Yes he was a good manager for us. Got the Jags playing better football than we have in a long long time. But it was nothing more than "shop window" stuff and about as "Jaggy" as the Fields of Athenry or the Sash. I'd like to believe that the reason Archie isn't being given the same hero-worship is that we have collectively learned to not be so naive. But I'm leaning more towards thinking it's because he isn't an old firm hero of yesteryear. I find that sad.

Anyway GIRUY "Jaggy Mac"

After showing his true colours recently I doubt jackie will go to the final knowing full well the abuse he would,rightly or wrongly,get.im 100% over the snake but it will still not stop me giving him both barrels when we meet his team in the spl next year.

Can't believe there are jags fans still defending this guy.

He owes us 80 grand! At the same time he's offering contracts to our players. Can some people still not see how much this whole thing stinks?

Add in the palava with Darren Jackson and you have yourself a complete and utter stitch up. Our club - PTFC - being totally shafted. That's not my opinion it's an out and out FACT. No jags fan in their right mind should be OK with this.

If he's at the game on Sunday I will be giving it to him both barrels.

• Like 2

Can't believe there are jags fans still defending this guy.

He owes us 80 grand! At the same time he's offering contracts to our players. Can some people still not see how much this whole thing stinks?

Add in the palava with Darren Jackson and you have yourself a complete and utter stitch up. Our club - PTFC - being totally shafted. That's not my opinion it's an out and out FACT. No jags fan in their right mind should be OK with this.

If he's at the game on Sunday I will be giving it to him both barrels.

Spot on.

Genuinely hope the players he's signing can make the step up (for then & not him) as like I said previously the Utd fans unhappy that McNamara going down this route. Could all get t*ts up very quickly.

& if McNamara's away record as poor as was this season (those that defend him remember he jumped ship before all the away games were replayed & his stock reasonably high) then DU may well wish they furled out an extra couple of quid to get their 1st choice in.

In his own words - 'still learning about management'.

DU won't accept another season out top 6 with crowds dropping.

Lets not forget Dundee United and in particular Jackson were speaking to McNamara at the time of our bad run around Christmas time when we didn't win in around 6 games. Maybe we wouldnt have won them anyway but Im pretty sure this whole carry on didnt help. McNamara was also putting his house up for sale about this time so something was in the offing.

As a Manager McNamara was a good Manager for us but not a great Manager lets not forget his first season which was mediocre. Now as mentioned numerous times he owes our cash strapped club £80 grand, this has been for well over 2 months now and he seems to be in no rush to pay now which is pretty despicable.

I'd argue that his first season was EXTREMELY POOR.

The club stuck with him and he should remember that.

The cup exits in particular were an absolute disgrace. Going out at home to a 3rd division team. Scraping a draw with a junior team who weren't even in the top half of their own league at the time. Going out at home again to the worst QOS team in a decade.

At other clubs Jackie would have been under a lot more pressure and perhaps wouldn't have got the chance to carry on for another season. People often forget that. You get the impression from some of the journalists that he was an instant success in management. Not the case at all.

Must say I'm disappointed in Archie even coming out with this guff (although I understand he's probably been put up to it). He must be well aware of the feeling.

The other disappointment is McNawonga comes from good moral stock in that his old man is well known for his principles. He must be disappointed in his rat of a son.

The cup is coming to Firhill....with Archie's mitts firmly planted on it!

Must say I'm disappointed in Archie even coming out with this guff (although I understand he's probably been put up to it). He must be well aware of the feeling.

The other disappointment is McNawonga comes from good moral stock in that his old man is well known for his principles. He must be disappointed in his rat of a son.

The cup is coming to Firhill....with Archie's mitts firmly planted on it!

To be fair Archie's been asked a question by the media. He's stated he's friends with JM & SD also.

I don't know how 'friendly' but you can't expect the manager to tell the press 'the wee money grabbing s**t can do one if he thinks he's welcome'.

Professional answer from professional man.

To be fair Archie's been asked a question by the media. He's stated he's friends with JM & SD also.

I don't know how 'friendly' but you can't expect the manager to tell the press 'the wee money grabbing s**t can do one if he thinks he's welcome'.

Professional answer from professional man.

I'd have told the journo to forget about going down that line and for the situation not to be mentioned. Admittedly I don't know if that's the way these things work or not.

I'd have told the journo to forget about going down that line and for the situation not to be mentioned. Admittedly I don't know if that's the way these things work or not.

I don't disagree but the lack of answer would be twisted.

Like I said professional answer from a professional man.

To be honest the subject of JMac and whether or not he'll be there on Sunday is to be honest as far down my list of priorities as the teams for the Third Division match at Hampden on Saturday. Its long past time when this subject should have been put to bed. If he does take some of or players to Tannadice, that is unfortunately the harsh reality of modern football. I do not like it, in fact it p*sses me off immensely, but I would be as well demanding that the sun shines every day for all the good it would do me to get angry at situations like this, I'm afraid.

McNamara did well for the club and laid foundations for improvement in training, tactics and conditioning. Also signed some good players. Archie has learned from his philosophy and we are reaping the benefit. I was gutted when he left but we've done well since he has gone. However going to court over contracts etc has really blotted his copy book to me. Worse than leaving for Dundee United.

I am 100% happier about our chances with Mr Archibald in charge on Sunday rather than Jessie McWho from Ruchazie who will only have a bottom 6 SPL finish to show for all his Machavellian ship jumping.

He's won 1game out of his last 6 with the Tangerines. They had a chance of top 6 but have blown it. A big part of that was due to the promising Stuart Armstrong getting sent off on Tuesday night. A familiar tale ;)

Mr Archibald will be looking to add a national cup win and first division championship to his resumé :D

Spot on.

Genuinely hope the players he's signing can make the step up (for then & not him) as like I said previously the Utd fans unhappy that McNamara going down this route. Could all get t*ts up very quickly.

& if McNamara's away record as poor as was this season (those that defend him remember he jumped ship before all the away games were replayed & his stock reasonably high) then DU may well wish they furled out an extra couple of quid to get their 1st choice in.

In his own words - 'still learning about management'.

DU won't accept another season out top 6 with crowds dropping.

dont often comment on here but he should stay well away!