Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

I like both the tops, agree that the black socks don't look that great for the home kit but apart from that think they are fine.

The debate about broken/unbroken hoops/stripes and panels on the back for numbers could easily be eliminated if we went for the kit we had in the early seventies (good enough for a league cup winning team) - home top yellow with red collar and trim, away top red with yellow collar and trim. Nice and simple!

all this talk of unbroken hoops and stripes makes us sound like that other mobs fans.i like the home top, although I prefer the barca away top and will probably get that instead. Whoever thought of releasing that away kit should be put down.horrible colour, boring, nothing Thistle about it at all apart from the badge.how could they think people would like that? the fact that is 25 quid cheaper without the badge is a joke.

I like both the tops, agree that the black socks don't look that great for the home kit but apart from that think they are fine.

The debate about broken/unbroken hoops/stripes and panels on the back for numbers could easily be eliminated if we went for the kit we had in the early seventies (good enough for a league cup winning team) - home top yellow with red collar and trim, away top red with yellow collar and trim. Nice and simple!

Which they should have done last year with the pinstripe strip. Red socks shorts.

And the year before. The paint brush strip, it should have had black shorts.

all this talk of unbroken hoops and stripes makes us sound like that other mobs fans.i like the home top, although I prefer the barca away top and will probably get that instead. Whoever thought of releasing that away kit should be put down.horrible colour, boring, nothing Thistle about it at all apart from the badge.how could they think people would like that? the fact that is 25 quid cheaper without the badge is a joke.

So we can't moan about the style but we can moan about the price? Are we Aberdeen fans?

Let's just take whatever we're given and be happy. Oh no, wait, Capitalism!

This would have scraped pass marks if not for the obvious major issue. Reminds me of that annoying Textile World panel we had. Do we have no quality control ffs? Ask fans opinions but don't bother showing the sponsor logo or back panel I presume, which renders it a pointless exercise as it's only showing a pre-made top that they would not amend anyway. It's not a disaster but it could and should have been a better, fan pleasing product.

The Texstyle World red and yellow strip is legendary and I will not hear a word against it.

• Like 2

Which they should have done last year with the pinstripe strip. Red socks shorts.

And the year before. The paint brush strip, it should have had black shorts.

You said that the club chose you to advise, as the fans' representative, on the strip and related merchandise.

Are you saying that your advice was ignored? If so why?

I don't get all this buying a Barca away top thing. Barcelona seem like quite a good football team, but Galatasaray play in red and yellow, as do Valencia and so on. In addition, Barca play in Spain which means you have to factor in the cost of flights when buying a season ticket. Granted I've got a fair few red and yellow items, but turning up at Firhill in a Barca strip because you don't like the new one? Pffff.

I'm already warming awee bit to both strips, especially the away one...

:blink::confused1:

Your medication wearing off or are you drunk juggernaughty?

Or have you bought one of each and made a fire with them?

That is one of the Nomad's sponsored shirts !!

Can Nomads send him some protein shakes? After the title celebrations all the boys were ripped which is great to see that they take care of themselves. Archie is a machine. Baird looks like me (mid thirties, slowing metabolism, best position "organiser of the game") in a football top about to play fives.

You said that the club chose you to advise, as the fans' representative, on the strip and related merchandise.

Are you saying that your advice was ignored? If so why?

He's stated several times that it was only the leisure wear which he was consulted on, and the stuff he selected hasn't been released yet.

I notice that our Joma top is basically the same design as that of Beith Juniors,.... but they haven't broken their stripes to accommodate their sponsor's logo.

It's also the same design of St Johnstone, Valencia and any one else that has stripes and use Joma.

Thistle's "new goalkeeper shirt" is identical to St Johnstone's last year. I wonder if they washed it first....

It's also the same design of St Johnstone, Valencia and any one else that has stripes and use Joma.

Thistle's "new goalkeeper shirt" is identical to St Johnstone's last year. I wonder if they washed it first....

No its not, there are 2 striped joma tops... one with striped sleeves and one with a single colour sleeve.

These are both fine ..... The home top with number and name on back will be good and the away top is ok

You can't please everybody half the time ...

Perhaps you are right.

However, for the rest of us mortals who don't want a name and number on the strip, it looks awful.

The away top, however, will still look poor with name, number and SPL badge.

I notice that our Joma top is basically the same design as that of Beith Juniors,.... but they haven't broken their stripes to accommodate their sponsor's logo.

This strip? with the broken centre white stripe and 3 qtr's broken outside white stripes?

beith-juniors-home-shirt.jpg

Edited by potty trained