We Are The Champions!

Fawlty Towers

90/91 Last season sharing Firhill with Clyde.

91/92 Promoted to top tier.

00/01 Last season sharing Firhill with Hamilton.

01/02 Promoted to top tier.

11/12 Last season sharing Firhill with Warriors.

12/13 Promoted to top tier.

It's destiny!

We knew the league was in the bag, but brilliant to see the Jags win it in such style. Football in the 2nd half was top class!!! I ****** love you Jags!

Was in the main stand so missed the Conga but the goals were sublime and the singing was non stopm. Hope you are having a few beers mate. I am

Championies

Congrats to all concerned ....worth the wait .... takes me back to the Willie Sharp and the Detroit flyer

Jimmy Walker, days the way they played the game....cant wait for the new season....whatever form it takes!

Yes, having followed the Jags from 1948 ( !!!) and seen five previous title winning teams ( 2nd and 1st Div) can honestly say that none have given me more delight. I know we are losing players but the way Scottish football is structured that was inevitable., What I do remember is that every time we have been promoted we have confounded the pundits and competed remarkably well in he higher division. Besides which, I feel we have few scores to settle with those who were so keen to exclude us (second vote and changing rules midstream and all that disgraceful business). Onwards and upwards!
  • Like 2

Never been so proud to be a Jags fan! I was in no doubt that we were the best team this season, but all too often in Scottish football does the "footballing" side come second to the long-ball merchants.

The opening day of the season seems so long ago now. What a season, and what a team we have. I feel we are building a club we can all be proud of, and I am sure that we will do well in the SPL next season. I hope we push on and finish the season on a strong note in our next two games!

WELL DONE THISTLE, AND WELL DONE THISTLE FANS! :ptfc:

Yes, having followed the Jags from 1948 ( !!!) and seen five previous title winning teams ( 2nd and 1st Div) can honestly say that none have given me more delight. I know we are losing players but the way Scottish football is structured that was inevitable., What I do remember is that every time we have been promoted we have confounded the pundits and competed remarkably well in he higher division. Besides which, I feel we have few scores to settle with those who were so keen to exclude us (second vote and changing rules midstream and all that disgraceful business). Onwards and upwards!

For me, this post says it all. Read this and then watch the 'For Ever And Ever' video. I swear it will reduce you to tears.

Thanks to all concerned. What a season and what a team. One happy Jags fan.

So proud of our team. Iv really no words to describe how I feel about our team /fans /club They just don't exsist :) just over the moon best day ever , best season for the two boys to be coming regular , two happy wee boys

Well done to Thistle, a well deserved title... the best team/squad won. Good luck for next season.. it'll be tough!!

Just one thing. As an outsider, as a Morton fan, the 'Kids v Experience' t-shirts were a bit of a cheap shot. It's not exactly being good winners - unnecessary. Surprised at that.

Well done to Thistle, a well deserved title... the best team/squad won. Good luck for next season.. it'll be tough!!

Just one thing. As an outsider, as a Morton fan, the 'Kids v Experience' t-shirts were a bit of a cheap shot. It's not exactly being good winners - unnecessary. Surprised at that.

You can blame your manager for that.

Throughout the season he has been making "cheap shots" at PTFC despite there being absolutely no provocation from us.

• Like 1

Thanks greenton. Respect to you.

Allan Moore's public utterances simply increased our players determination. Not only cheap but completely backfired.

I seem to remember a wee song in the Star & Garter last night that made this point more succinctly.

Thanks greenton. Respect to you.

Allan Moore's public utterances simply increased our players determination. Not only cheap but completely backfired.

I seem to remember a wee song in the Star & Garter last night that made this point more succinctly.

Well, will take it as a dig at Alan Moore (personally I'd like to see Davie Hopkin in charge at Cappielow next season... 3 years of Moore probably enough)

From the Morton supporters point of view, Thistle have been given a great deal of credit on the Morton forums, all taking the same line... Thistle have had a phenomenal season and deserve their success. The t-shirt thing has made a few think.. hmmm... that's a bit low.

Anyway, enjoy your well earned hangovers!

Well, will take it as a dig at Alan Moore (personally I'd like to see Davie Hopkin in charge at Cappielow next season... 3 years of Moore probably enough)

From the Morton supporters point of view, Thistle have been given a great deal of credit on the Morton forums, all taking the same line... Thistle have had a phenomenal season and deserve their success. The t-shirt thing has made a few think.. hmmm... that's a bit low.

Anyway, enjoy your well earned hangovers!

There’s been a few things that have rankled over the course of the season but the players and coaching staff just kept their mouths shut until the league was won.

Among other things we were told:

· You don’t win leagues by playing football

· We would be hoping for a Morton slip up even though the league was always in our own hands.

· We would have been devastated to have lost a 2-0 lead at Cappielow.

· Losing our manager would finish us

· We had no bottle

· We couldn’t win away. We certainly wouldn’t win twice at places at Cowdenbeath because we had such an inexperienced squad.

· We had too many games to play in a short space of time.

· We would be running scared of Morton because we knew they were the better team.

Having said nothing all season I think the players were entitled to a wee response to that yesterday.

Anyway, good luck for the future. Two teams, of course, should be promoted.

Edited by Tom Hosie

From the Morton supporters point of view, Thistle have been given a great deal of credit on the Morton forums...

From most people apart from this guy...

One of the tings I cannot abide about the Morton support is that they are only too willing to accept failure too easily, as a result supporters of teams like Partick Thistle think they come along and patronise us, just like this.

Now we can expect loads of "Firhill for Thrills" and "Thistle Do Nicely" headlines from crap journalists with crapper imaginations, and the s***e they spout about being "The Great Glasgow Alternative" whenever they are quite a horrible little club from a horrible place who treat away supporters like s***e, and fleece them whenever possible with things like the eternal "Ah've nae change" to anyone with a #20 note.

I hope they get relegated next year.