Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

Ah, the internet rumour mill is in action once again.

If the Moyes to Man Utd story is a goer, there's talk of Lennon to Everton (although I have serious misgivings that would ever happen).

I hope that Dundee United have a compensation clause written into their contract with Jackie on the off-chance that he resigns and takes on a job at a bigger cluuu...oh, wait.

This is getting some media attention now: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22466508

All from JMcN's point of view but that may be down to Thistle board's refusing to comment other than "it's in the hands of the lawyers".

Actually that makes me feel that JMcn's trying to play the media - we are simply playing the straight bat. I'm sure we're morally in the right but I hope our case is water-tight. If it's even only a little bit loose we may have already lost the case due to not engaging with the media.

Edited by Mr Bunny

This is getting some emdia attention now: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22466508

All from JMcN's point of view but that may be down to Thistle board's refusing to comment other than "it's in the hands of the lawyers".

Actually that makes me feel that JmCn's trying to play the media - we are simply playing the straight bat. I'm sure we're morally in the right but I hope our case is water-tight. If it's even only a little bit loose we may have already lost the case due to not engaging with the media.

So, if Thistle could have had all the money they are entitled to last month, as McNamara claims, then why haven't DU simply paid up? And why didn't the journalist ask him that question?

So, if Thistle could have had all the money they are entitled to last month, as McNamara claims, then why haven't DU simply paid up? And why didn't the journalist ask him that question?

You've been watching/reading the media for years now - and especially this last year with regards to a certain defunct blue team - so how often have you ever seen any of their churnalists actually try to find out the facts or ask difficult questions?

You've been watching/reading the media for years now - and especially this last year with regards to a certain defunct blue team - so how often have you ever seen any of their churnalists actually try to find out the facts or ask difficult questions?

Perhaps Jackies idea of all of the money and the boards are poles apart

Indeed, if the sliding scale is correct then perhaps Thistle were offered 'all the money' at a level on the scale they disagreed with.

To be fair to Jim Spence he is one of the few good journalists in Scottish football, but he does write from a fairly Dundee-centric viewpoint.

I actually quite like him, but he is an out and out Arab!!

Sorry I meant Dundee as a city, both sides get pretty favourable coverage from him.

This is definitely true. He seems to fly the flag for the East coast in general, especially the Dundee teams. Met him once and he was constantly bemoaning the West-coast/Old firm slant that always gets taken by the media in Scotland.

I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question!

One guy did, that channel 4 guy during the oldco Rangers debacle. Thing is, all the other 'churnalists' (fantastic expression!) tried to rubbish everything he said and wrote even though they had nothing to back up their arguments.

The one thing I'd say against Spence is that he is quick enough to report McNamara's side of the story whilst pretty much ignoring ours. I acknowledge that we declined to comment any further than that the case was in the hands of our lawyers but the media coverage that has been afforded to McNamara is almost somewhat of a smear campaign.

As for his recent spiel, he's acknowledged the clause in his contract which pretty much nullifies the stance his lawyers were reputedly adopting that it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

We gave McNamara his chance in management, stuck by him after a very mediocre first season and don't forget we paid for his rehab when he broke his leg at Somerset Park while he was still playing. His tactics throughout this whole episode defy what his media buddies would have you believe; with their help, he's managed to hide the fact that he is a greedy, devious scumbag who rarely leaves anywhere on good terms.

• Like 2

One guy did, that channel 4 guy during the oldco Rangers debacle. Thing is, all the other 'churnalists' (fantastic expression!) tried to rubbish everything he said and wrote even though they had nothing to back up their arguments.

Alex Thomson. A good follow on Twitter, if you're that way inclined.

Alex Thomson. A good follow on Twitter, if you're that way inclined.

Yes and a real journalist. Been to places where westerners get shot at and bombed to do his reporting so not afraid to say what he thinks unlike the other succulent lamb eaters {©RTC}.

• Like 1

So, he who shall not be named said:

"I can assure people I don't want anything from Partick Thistle money-wise,"

"Since I left there has been a lot of stuff come from the Partick Thistle side of things."

"The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason. They would have had the full money."

So, basically Thistle have turned down the compensation "for some reason" and have completely made up a lawyer's letter requesting a bonus payment. Really?? Does that seem likely?

Sounds like he is carefully wording what he says

"I don't want anything from Thistle money-wise" - the money would be coming from Utd so technically not coming from him

"They would have had the full money". Aye but over what period of time?

As others have said he has enough friends in the media to twist this any way he wants.

"They would have had the full money". Aye but over what period of time?

The fact we'd have got the money was never in doubt but £80k a lot of money for any SFL club especially when we only received £60k for winning league. Contrast that against what we'll get for even finishing bottom next year- 10x the amount at least!!

You can then understand why the Thistle BoD wanted the money up front. I've said before on here that I have it on good authority that Pressley was offered job, agreed terms himself with DU but then Falkirk & DU couldn't on to agreement re compo. The upshot being Pressley refused to resign unlike McNamara.

I was also told that Falkirk's compo figure for Pressley was a 6 figure sum!

I'm obviously not privy to what the exact contract was but I guess it comes down to whether there was wording that said how any compensation monies had to be paid &/or by when.

Only other thing I'd add is for someone who was going to 'keep his counsel', McNamara doing a lot of talking to these days especially to the Tayside propaganda machine that is Jim Spence.

• Like 1