Forbes And Doolan Told To Get.....

Lindau

Most of the players are on holiday with family or friends so there won't be too much news in the next couple of weeks, imo.

I imagine their agents would be doing all the negotiating on their behalf regardless if they are on hol or not.A phone call would confirm a yes or no for signing.

Not seen it posted anywhere on here but according to that chris jack, Forbes and craigen have both signed new deals. Said this yesterday but still no official site story.

Chris Jack said they were ready to sign not that they have signed. Perhaps take your own advice from the transfer targets thread and read properly.

Any player out of contract with no compensation due and a contract offer still unsigned should just be freed now. The days of journeymen players holding clubs to ransom or using them as bargaining tools are gone now.

They are free agents, not Thistle players, now and their agents will naturally want to get them good offers. Presumably, Archie and Jackie chose to let their contracts run down rather than offer them new deals or extensions during the season. For the last few months, they have been playing with no guarantee of a contract for next season.

I take it Christie Elliott wasn't offered a new deal? Haven't seen any official confirmation on him, as we did with Dowie and Craig. But I'd imagine he'd have signed it by now if he was given new terms.

We have 11 first-team players signed up, enough to make a team...

Fox

Welsh - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Forbes - Murray - Bannigan

Lawless - McGuigan - Craigen

SPL benches have 7 players. So we need to sign (or re-sign) at least 7 more. I'd expect 9 or 10 more. Exciting. I'd be happy to see 6 from that starting eleven as regular starters.

Chris Jack said they were ready to sign not that they have signed. Perhaps take your own advice from the transfer targets thread and read properly.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spl/thistle-boss-alan-keen-on-signing-ton-youngsters-124774n.21126781

"The captures of the Cappielow pair would be another boost for Thistle, who, as revealed in Saturday's SportTimes, have agreed deals with midfield duo James Craigen and Ross Forbes ahead of their return to the top flight next season."

I take it Christie Elliott wasn't offered a new deal? Haven't seen any official confirmation on him, as we did with Dowie and Craig. But I'd imagine he'd have signed it by now if he was given new terms.

We have 11 first-team players signed up, enough to make a team...

Fox

Welsh - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Forbes - Murray - Bannigan

Lawless - McGuigan - Craigen

SPL benches have 7 players. So we need to sign (or re-sign) at least 7 more. I'd expect 9 or 10 more. Exciting. I'd be happy to see 6 from that starting eleven as regular starters.

Coalan McAleer is under contract for next season after this season's loan at Arthurlie.

Edited to add that Scully and Campbell are out of contract. Have they been released?

Edited by kni

http://www.eveningti...24774n.21126781

"The captures of the Cappielow pair would be another boost for Thistle, who, as revealed in Saturday's SportTimes, have agreed deals with midfield duo James Craigen and Ross Forbes ahead of their return to the top flight next season."

Yes the Saturday article says the same then goes on to state they haven't signed anything yet so what's your point?

More news on official site regarding further signings!!

Tuesday 21st May at 11:11

We are delighted to be able to confirm that both Kris Doolan and Ross Forbes have signed new contracts at the Club. Kris has signed a new two year deal while Ross has signed a one year contract with the Club.

Meantime James Craigen has agreed an extension to his current deal which he will sign upon his return from holiday. His new contract will keep him at Firhill until May 2015.

Progress is being made too on other fronts and we may have further signing and re-signing news over the course of the next few days; or perhaps early next week.

I am absolutely delighted with this news, especially about Doolan. He's a player I always wanted to see play for us in the SPL. He has all the attributes to succeed if he works as hard as he has done since coming back from Clyde on loan. His work rate on and off the ball, first touch and clever finishing with both his head and feet will hopefully give a few SPL defences a shock. I honestly can't think of another striker in Scotland like him.

Glad Forbes has signed on too, he more than deserved it. His fantastic set piece deliveries and passing played a crucial role in us winning a lot of valuable points this season. If we're staring at a draw in a game next season then his set pieces could be the difference between 1 point or three points.

Craigen signing on for an additional year is fantastic too. He'll get better but it also gives him the time to develop if he is in or out of the team.

• Like 2