Kal Naismith

Chicofan

Kyle Hutton, the young boy we had on loan from Rangers a couple of seasons ago who plays defensive mid, I'd take back (although apparently he was poor for Rangers last season).

Naismith, on the other hand, was awful the last time he was at Thistle and doesn't appear to have improved at all since then.

This has the whiff of a wild rumour about it and I only hope it is.

I didn't much fancy what I saw of Naismith, but I'll credit Archie with knowing what he's doing IF he's signed this boy.

For every successful player that Alex Ferguson signed, he signed at least one tadger. I know we can't afford that ratio, but there can be a difference in attitude between a player when he's on loan and when his move is substantive. We'll see.

In Archie we trust.

Looks like I'm in a very small minority who thought that there was a player in Naismith somewhere; quite athletic, carried the ball well, relatively skilful if a little selfish at times. His work rate was perhaps questionable and I recall him bottling a 60/40 with Rab Douglas when through on goal but I really don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some would like to make out.

Once he realises that he has to work and things aren't served on a plate like he may be used to at Ibrox, I reckon he could turn into a decent player. He is also good mates with a few of our current players so would fit into the team easily. All that said however, I'm not sure he's an SPL calibre signing at the moment. Happy to back Archie's judgement though.

my understanding is that the going rate at rangers is c£7k a week

He won't be on anything like 7 k per week.

Hutton is average at best but can have the odd game when he looks pretty decent.

Naismith for me won't be SPL standard and is a frustrating player but is still young and should get better.

Wages will determine the standard of player Thistle get and the better ones will demand good money.

Edited by billko

Once he realises that he has to work and things aren't served on a plate like he may be used to at Ibrox, I reckon he could turn into a decent player. He is also good mates with a few of our current players so would fit into the team easily. All that said however, I'm not sure he's an SPL calibre signing at the moment. Happy to back Archie's judgement though.

Such a big problem with these young guys is that they have been used to the best facilities from a very young age. These young players would have been on £50 a week 30 years ago.

They don't need to clean the first team's boots anymore, they're not used as ball boys or any of the other things that apprentices used to be expected to do at football clubs. These tasks may have been mundane and boring and probably didn't aid their technical development, but what it did do is keep their feet on the ground and probably made them appreciate their chance in the first team a lot more if and when it did come around.

He is a big headed shit who spends more time looking at himself in the mirror and wanting to battle anyone who dares look at his bird. Source (before I get asked).....my son who knows his girlfriend!! Did McNamara not send hium back to Ibrox earlier because of his attitude?

Looks like I'm in a very small minority who thought that there was a player in Naismith somewhere; quite athletic, carried the ball well, relatively skilful if a little selfish at times. His work rate was perhaps questionable and I recall him bottling a 60/40 with Rab Douglas when through on goal but I really don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some would like to make out.

I thought that there was promise there too - but would rather hope we had someone better lined up!

He is a big headed shit who spends more time looking at himself in the mirror and wanting to battle anyone who dares look at his bird. Source (before I get asked).....my son who knows his girlfriend!!

How well does your son know her? :rolleyes:

Almost cried when I saw "Kal Naismith" on this forum with "new signing" underneath. Thought it was a done deal. Thankfully it's just a silly little rumour - but on the main page it looks like he's our new signing. A question mark ie. "new signing?" would've been nice.

I'd hate to see Naismith return. Thankfully I think there's very little chance.

• Like 1

Almost cried when I saw "Kal Naismith" on this forum with "new signing" underneath. Thought it was a done deal. Thankfully it's just a silly little rumour - but on the main page it looks like he's our new signing. A question mark ie. "new signing?" would've been nice.

I'd hate to see Naismith return. Thankfully I think there's very little chance.

The Baird thread could have done with a question mark until confirmed as well

my understanding is that the going rate at rangers is c£7k a week

Then young Mr. Hutton will be doing time for ripping the mince out of the Judge..... But I'm sure he's safe. That kind of daft money is for the Templeton types. Sandaza would have reached over £8K a week if he had seen out his contract but was "only" on £4.5K a week until Sevco cut him loose. Assuming of course, that he wasn't lying to that fake agent.....

A £7M annual playing budget for that dross, and no sign of it being cut when you look at the signings they are making for their tilt at SFL2. And that can't even be the main source of losses as they were running at £1M a month for the first half of the season; they have barely touched their expensive infrastructure. Duff and Phelps will back for a second run at administering them unless they get real rapidly.....