Muirhead

One thing that works hugely in our favour is that the players were on such bad wages last year. If they want to give the SPL a shot with us but are unsure about a two year deal, then they're stuck on £200 a week.

This is the reason why I think most of our young regulars from last year will sign new two year deals. Win-win for us.

One thing that works hugely in our favour is that the players were on such bad wages last year. If they want to give the SPL a shot with us but are unsure about a two year deal, then they're stuck on £200 a week.

This is the reason why I think most of our young regulars from last year will sign new two year deals. Win-win for us.

Cant think that there will have been too many, if any, of the first team squad on £200 a week.

I agree - this has been in the back of my mind regarding contract extensions. Good that we can now reward them more appropriately while also having potential sell-on value next year. As you say, win/win.

Cant think that there will have been too many, if any, of the first team squad on £200 a week.

Might be wrong, but I'd imagine guys like Elliott, Craigen, Muirhead and Bannigan would have been on a relative pittance last season. Whether that's nearer £300/350, the point still stands.

As far as I'm aware, and I'm just basing this on a short conversation with Scott Fox, a lot of the players had a small basic wage. Around £250-300. Then there were bonuses on top of that. So yeah, the point is valid.

Well I hope they have got the increase they deserve because if that was the basic it is practically minimum wage material for a full time worker if the bonus didnt kick in and if we are being realistic the chances are that the bonus money is gonna get paid a lot less next season

Fantastic news. A player who is clearly only going to improve and he was immense last year. I dont ever remember feeling so confident about us surviving in the spl. On other occasions you felt real apprehension but this time round the squad is relatively intact and full of good young players who are hungry for success and work hard for each other. A couple of half decent signings and we will be sorted. For the record I am also genuinely no bothered about Harkins.I trust Archie to unearth someone who will do us a far better job.

Great news

There was genuine interest from English clubs for Muirhead

He wanted to remain with Thistle and fight to keep them in SPl

there may well be a sell on clause in the future if he does well and further interest is shown to the jags

Good bit of business for both player and club

Is Conrad going to extend or is he looking for more money ?

The rest of the squad seem to be happy with new structure to wages

Conrad's away in Thailand for best part of a month, so I would imagine any contract would be signed after he's back. I'd be stunned if he didn't sign a deal tbh.