Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

What if we develop a liking for flares and smoke-bombs in the games leading up to the tims game? Will they be forced to rethink and close the stand altogether? Or are they just happy to work on the fact that Jags fans are more sensible so should therefore just accept it?

The singing section in the main stand is a terrible idea. It's very difficult to hear any noise coming from the Main Stand from any other part of the ground.

This is unbelievable. If this is just about flares and fires, I'd rather we banned them and took the hit. It can't be about segregation. If that was the case, surely any club bringing more than 1000 supporters would need the same treatment.

I hate this country at times, such a small-time mentality. Bow down to the f#ckin scumbags as usual. This is straight out of the Jim Oliver days.

I'd even be willing to put in a contribution to help make up the short-fall, probably through not going to their hovel.

This is a very disappointing outcome and a real let-down for Thistle fans.

I can understand the club's difficulty with The Fuzz and the Toon Cooncil, but there has to be a better solution which disadvantages the real culprits - the irresponsible, law-breaking Celtic support. If they can't be trusted not to set fire to the structure in which they sit, then we should allocate them only whatever seats we can spare in the JHS.

I guess I could be classed as a NOMAD due to where I live and as I am not a regular attendee at Firhill but feel I have an opinion and my tuppence worth is. . . .

Having read this (I do not want to think we are thinking £'s but), we seem to have been held to ransom by thugs who, rather than come to support their teams performance come with the main aim of criminal intention. I would also suggest that those criminals are probably in the minority and wonder what the true Tic fan Association feel. The powers at be are allowing criminals to determine the way they are policed and also are just encouraging them that it is OK to misbehave and reward their unlawful activities with a 'safe' location to throw their flares? Hmmmmmm!!!

If they cannot come to sit in ANY stand (wood or concrete) without their flares then they should NOT BE GRANTED ENTRANCE in the first place, IMHO.

FLippant comment: What happened if a spokesperson for the 'HOME' team suggested that as we are now in the premier division we reserve the right to also throw flares as a precedent has been set and appears to be acceptable so we'll just stay in the North Stand just incase any of our members feel the need????

I guess a POLICE statement will be very carefully worded, hmmmm.

Or have I been away to long from the mainland?

Edited by Tob Jag

House Celtic fans in the Main Stand. Give them warning to turn up early as they will be body searched before entry by the Police. Those caught to be charged.

Unfortunate but necessary action. Condolences to their supporters ............ rather than ours!! End of......

or am I missing some show stopper??

Bizarrely, when it comes to policing public demonstrations, the police go to great lengths to deter potential troublemakers. Using surveillance, infiltration by undercover officers with government issue condoms, illegally turning back buses on the way to demo's & kettling and other forms of false detainment.

And yet when presented with, probably, known individuals (identified by cctv within football grounds) they are happy to lean on the host club to allow them in. Even though they have recently caused criminal damage at the very same ground.

I just don't get it.

• Like 1

I guess I could be classed as a NOMAD due to where I live and as I am not a regular attendee at Firhill but feel I have an opinion and my tuppence worth is. . . .

Having read this I do not want to think we are thinking £'s but we seem to have been held to ransom by thugs who, rather than come to support their teams performance come with the main aim of criminal intention. I would also suggest that those criminals are probably in the minority and wonder what the true Tic fan Association feel. The powers at be are allowing criminals to determine the way they are policed and also are just encouraging them that it is OK to misbehave and reward their unlawful activities with a 'safe' location to throw their flares? Hmmmmmm!!!

If they cannot come to sit in ANY stand (wood or concrete) without their flares then they should NOT BE GRANTED ENTRANCE in the first place, IMHO.

FLippant comment: What happened if a spokesperson for the 'HOME' team suggested that as we are now in the premier division we reserve the right to also throw flares as a precedent has been set and appears to be acceptable so we'll just stay in the North Stand just incase any of our members feel the need????

I guess a POLICE statement will be very carefully worded, hmmmm.

Or have I been away to long from the mainland?

You can be sure that if any Thistle fan threw a flare at the match he'd get huckled before the flare even hit the ground. But for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen with tims or h uns, even when they are in relatively small stands.

Hmm, now.... I wonder why that might be? :thinking:

That's EXACTLY what, and all that is required. The fact that PTFC (in cahoots with the polis) are instead opting for them to basically take over the stadium is an admission of (a) wanting a few extra grand in the coffers at the expense of developing any kind of "Fortress Firhill" environment, and ( B) accepting that we are a diddy club and that there are really only two teams in Glasgow, and we are not one of them.

I now, more than before, fully expect us to lose these matches,

and.... worse,

I feel that that is how it's "supposed to be", and that we (PTFC) are playing our part in that.

ETA: Dunno why the cool emoticon is there; cannae get rid of it!

We are responsible for "searches" on Stadium entry - they get caught in the Street its the Pollce - they get it into the stadium then its our problem.

We are responsible for "searches" on Stadium entry - they get caught in the Street its the Pollce - they get it into the stadium then its our problem.

So, what's the problem? Search them thoroughly! If they get through that then somebody still gets caught with a flare, then 6 months in jail would send out a message. But of course that raises all other kinds of problems about human rights etc etc.

This is a very disappointing outcome and a real let-down for Thistle fans.

I can understand the club's difficulty with The Fuzz and the Toon Cooncil, but there has to be a better solution which disadvantages the real culprits - the irresponsible, law-breaking Celtic support. If they can't be trusted not to set fire to the structure in which they sit, then we should allocate them only whatever seats we can spare in the JHS.

They cannot sit between two sets of Thistle Fans due to segregation rules as an SPL Club - and Yes I know we did it last year - promotion puts in a different Match classification category

Grrrr. So they are blaming the police. I thought the police only had the power to make recommendations?

Sounds like the club have rolled over. I'm really saddened by this.

Can you imagine the outcry if Celtic fans had to move to accomodate us? Why are Jags fans the victims in our OWN stadium?

If Celtic cannot be trusted in our stand, they shouldn't be allowed in elsewhere. THAT is the bottom line.

They cannot sit between two sets of Thistle Fans due to segregation rules as an SPL Club - and Yes I know we did it last year - promotion puts in a different Match classification category

I don't get this Jim. Surely away fans at any ground are in between 2 sets of home fans?

I think it has been agreed that the North Stand last season had a positive influence on Thistle's performances and therefore results. Therefore, this decision actually sets a strong precedent: misbehave with flares, or at least threaten to, and gain your team a competitive advantage in away grounds that have wooden stands. This seems less than fair.

Grrrr. So they are blaming the police. I thought the police only had the power to make recommendations?

Sounds like the club have rolled over. I'm really saddened by this.

Can you imagine the outcry if Celtic fans had to move to accomodate us? Why are Jags fans the victims in our OWN stadium?

If Celtic cannot be trusted in our stand, they shouldn't be allowed in elsewhere. THAT is the bottom line.

Grant we didn't roll over - why are we victims in our own Stadium - do you have a spare week mate to answer that one.

I don't think I have been to a Thistle game against either of the Old Firm since the 1980's - partly the hassle of getting tickets but mainly I don't want to spend time in close proximity to repulsive morons - just a minority of their fans of course though the rest of them don't seem to have any problem tolerating them.

I hope the Club make a stand on this - call it the North Stand stand! It must be our strongest marketing strategy to differentiate ourselves from the two other professional clubs we share the City with - our silence on Rangers last year was a missed opportunity.

Celtic fans disgraced themselves in our Stadium at the end of last season - why should our fans be moved just because they can't behave like vaguely civilised human beings? At the very least we should publicise the situation - announcing that they are getting no tickets or a very restricted allocation to be housed in the Jackie Husband Stand would be a good start - show them up for what they are.

I don't mind if Celtic are ultimately are given a larger section of the JHS and we get the Main & North Stands but a Football Club just doing the right thing for once and not chasing money or pandering to lowlifes is long overdue. This should be Partick Thistle's role ...it might just persuade me to end my exile from seeing us play the Old Firm.

• Like 4

Is it not time The Plod actually earned the exorbitant fees they charge ? Is it really to much to ask them to get their back sides out their cosy wee bolt hole in the JHS and do some .. er ...Policing ? Given their performance at the Glasgow Cup Final clearly they are not capable of discharging the duties WE pay them for ...when I queried the rules prohibiting under 16's entering the North Stand last season , I was informed by the club that this was a "Police " decision ...Seriously , how incompetent are this lot ? ... Nothing short of a state-funded protection racket ... Anyone got Tony Soprano's number ?

• Like 1

So only PTFC can enforce the Criminal Justice ( Scotland ) act inside the ground?

Stewards deal with breach of stadium rules, whereas the polis deal with acts of criminality both inside and outside the stadium. It is however, a criminal offence to attempt to enter a football ground with a flare/smoke bomb. I Really don't get the smoke bomb/flare thing. A few folk set them off at the Roses gig and it was a pain in the balls.