Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

Why did you not make the same point in relation to Barney Rubble's numerous posts on Lambie?

Because the guys quite clearly a WUM and I didn't want to get dragged into it.

So, do you realistically think higdon should be a target for us?

Edited by potty trained

Because the guys quite clearly a WUM and I didn't want to get dragged into it.

So, do you realistically think higdon should be a target for us?

Well if wee Neil thinks he isn't good enough for the Jungle Jims, he is hardly good enough for Glasgow's premier team now, is he? :P

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I see Aberdeen are linked with John Sutton. Not sure if we should be interested, he would be seen as a capture, but I can't decide if he is past it or never quite was.

Seems to have had a boom and bust career. Similar to Stevie Lovell in that sense. I would take him, but understand that others wouldn't.

I see Aberdeen are linked with John Sutton. Not sure if we should be interested, he would be seen as a capture, but I can't decide if he is past it or never quite was.

Wouldn't be overly keen to be honest though reckon he's a better option than Brian Graham.

Think we need someone up front as cover for Doolan. I'm sure Archie & Shaggy know their stuff & are probably looking further afield rather than usual subjects that are on the merry go round up here.

Sutton is guaranteed to get like 10 goals a season, so it's hard to turn up your nose at that. Would give us another option at corners apart from Balatoni as well.

He's not conducive to good football though, but I wouldn't necessarily say Craig was either, and he was a success. Probably a better SPL version of Craig really.

It's hard to comment on Tuffey having not seen him play for years, doubt he's as sharp as he was with us. Is he going to want to go to another team where he's going to start off 2nd choice?

Part of the attraction with Gallacher is maybe that he can double as gk coach too? Either would be good competition for Foxy. Archie would've played with Tuff aswell so he'll know all about him.

Funny to think of Tuffey as a "yesterday man," but that's how it seems to be at present. Yes, he probably got a bit more cash in Inverness and then Perth than he would have got in Maryhill (is wonderful...), but his career has gone totally into reverse. Hasn't played more than a handful of SPL matches in 2 (or 3?) years, usually on the end of a defeat, and totally out of the norniron international scene. A potential lesson there to be learned by other young "starlets" (FAo Chris Erskine, Paul Cairney, Paul Paton, Mark Twaddle, Paddy Boyle etc. etc.).

• Like 1

People tweet about signings they make in football manager simulation computer games? Time to shut the internet down ...

It really is mad, isn't it?

I have even seen highlights from computer simulation games posted on YouTube as if they were highlights from a real game. :loco:

(And by 'real game' I mean an actual game of football played by real human beings, just for the avoidance of doubt.)

It really is mad, isn't it?

I have even seen highlights from computer simulation games posted on YouTube as if they were highlights from a real game. :loco:

(And by 'real game' I mean an actual game of football played by real human beings, just for the avoidance of doubt.)

I once turned up at a relative's house on my way to Firhill, and saw that the guys were watching Man Utd vs. somebody else. It took me a few minutes of watching to realise it was a computer game and not the real thing!

I once turned up at a relative's house on my way to Firhill, and saw that the guys were watching Man Utd vs. somebody else. It took me a few minutes of watching to realise it was a computer game and not the real thing!

:lol:

Mind you, I shoud talk. Tonight, for instance, I will be supporting Bayern Munich in the Champions League final. Why? Because I once 'managed' Schalke 04 to Bundesliga and Champions League victory in a football manager simulation game, and Borussia Dortmund are Schalke's sworn enemies!