Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

Before we all get too depressed about the lack of marquee signings this close season, here's our starting eleven , plus (some) subs, for our first game, say, at home to St. Mirren.

Fox, O'Donnell, Muirhead, Balatoni, Sinclair, Welsh, Bannigan, Forbes, Lawless, Doolan, Baird.

Subs - Gallacher, Murray, Craigan, Elliot, ?, ?, ?.

I think we could win with that team. So we can't afford to pay a fortune - just means we go for guys hungry to prove themselves in the SPL. We DO NOT want to go deep into the red in this campaign. Let's just enjoy ourselves.

• Like 2

Before we all get too depressed about the lack of marquee signings this close season, here's our starting eleven , plus (some) subs, for our first game, say, at home to St. Mirren.

Fox, O'Donnell, Muirhead, Balatoni, Sinclair, Welsh, Bannigan, Forbes, Lawless, Doolan, Baird.

I think we could win with that team. So we can't afford to pay a fortune - just means we go for guys hungry to prove themselves in the SPL. We DO NOT want to go deep into the red in this campaign. Let's just enjoy ourselves.

Thats a decent side. And the side minus Erskine that went on the great run to win the title. When did we last go into SPL with a settled side such as this?. Im happy with this. It can only get better!

Add McAleer and McGuigan to the bench. Archie is still registered as a player too.

Agree with everything you say. With luck we could make a decent fist of the SPL and pay down some of our debt. Here's hoping.

Find I'm itching for the new season to start in a way I haven't for years. Possibly down to having a team worth watching last season and being really keen to see how they do at the next level. Unlike previous seasons when I was glad for a break.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Archie mentioned he thinks it will be approaching or even into pre-season before he gets his squad up to full strength. Should be an interesting, yet slightly tedious summer ;)

Would be happy to bring in some more young players with a point to prove a long with two or three more experienced players. Doesn't have to be SPL players either. Championship or league one experience from down south or even from further afield. One or two loans from the prem or championship could be benecial to Thistle and the parent club. St Mirren did ok with the two lads they brought up from Newcastle. Paper rumour saying the Jungles are now showing an interest in them.

A Rangers supporting mate linked me to a post on Rangers Media. Some absolute walloper coming out with the "Thistle are interested in Naismith" rumour/rubbish. Following that post, he then came out with this belter:

simplythebest, on 02 June 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

What the hell can Partick Thistle afford in transfer fees?

A good bit, considering they're recently promoted and have lost half their first team squad.

:lol:

Very disapointed in Harkins. Thought we would be a better draw than St Mirren, I could've understood him going to Motherwell with the draw of European football but to lose out to a club no bigger than ourselves is poor.

Not sure I agree. St Mirren have been in the SPL for a decent amount of time now and are the current League cup holders. Whilst I have no doubts that in time Thistle can reach these same goals, I can also see why a player would choose them over us at this moment in time. They will also be able to pay him similar wages to guys like Teale, Thompson etc which we can't compete with. With the signing of Harkins and the resigning of Paul McGowan, it's been a good few days for the Buddies.

Very disapointed in Harkins. Thought we would be a better draw than St Mirren, I could've understood him going to Motherwell with the draw of European football but to lose out to a club no bigger than ourselves is poor.

Let's face it, we're still favourites to go down. Save him looking for another club this time next year. And they'll pay more. He's not a young kid looking to prove himself.

Carey = Forbes. A friend who supports St Mirren says he plays well one in five games and is lazy. Potential but doesn't exercise it.

Priority is still a creative midfielder. Gutted we missed out on Harkins.

Can't blame Harkins for taking a deal with a three year contract (2+1).

Edited by simoncordiner

Don't think Harkins was a realistic prospect - just don't think we have the money to afford him. When they released the list of debts that Dundee had the last time they went into admin he was owed a huge amount of money (£80,000?) and that was just in the wages he hadn't been paid.

Also have to agree with above he doesn't track back and hasn't really looked fully fit since he left us - however we still need a replacement for Erksine.