Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

I'm saying your argument regarding what Archie said is nonsense, not what he said was nonsense. We don't have a left midfielder unless you weaken the team by moving others away from their stronger positions therefore to claim any player suggested in this thread for that position is not better than what we have there is flawed.

County never started the season and finished the season with the same recognised striker but if you want to use that as some sort of justification Baird's goal tally was anything other than dreadful then feel free.

Cardle caused our defence more problems in half an hour at Firhill in his first start for an unfamiliar team than most did all season at home. If that one game is your justification for someone being not good enough then you could conclude a few of our players aren't either.

You are not reading my post correctly. I am not comparing player’s position to position but as a general point that we are looking for players as good as or better than we already have. I don’t believe Cardle is good enough – I have saw him play numerous times against us. Is he as good as lawless, Baird, or Doolan? I would say no.

We will probably play Baird behind the striker and I would guess he would score around 7 or 8 league goals next year. Considering we also have players like Doolan and Lawless that will score goals then I don’t think we are too badly off. Also we are going to be signing another left sided player and a striker.

• Members

I'd be amazed if we took Mark Kerr on trial after an indifferent season to prove himself then offered Riordan a contract without proving himself and after saying we needed players that had the right attitude in the dressing room!

Unless there's a get out clause, I can't see us offering Riordan anything.

Paterson talking only the other day about the right players for the dressing room.

Riordan hasn't been touched by anyone in long enough, there will be a reason for that!

If Riordan has his head sorted (and that is a big if!!) he would be a fantastic signing. According to a player on Sportsound a few weeks ago (the name escapes me) he said he is fantastic in the dressing room, his problems are in his social life and the knobheads that he kicks about with. If he does it on the park and no-one can doubt his talents, that will be fine for me

Riordan is now 30 year old. With his reported past lifestyle and his lack of games it would be like signing a 35 year old plus who had looked after himself. I'd be happy to be proved wrong and the best place to prove that would be down in Durham this week. If he's worth a punt I'd have thought a few bigger clubs would've at least showed some interest. Particularly clubs more distanced from his home town.

Happy to be proved wrong, as I don't believe Archie would take a punt unless the odds and terms are in our favour, but I doubt Riordan is the experienced player we should be signing. Pity as he certainly would fit in with our style of play.

If Riordan has his head sorted (and that is a big if!!) he would be a fantastic signing. According to a player on Sportsound a few weeks ago (the name escapes me) he said he is fantastic in the dressing room, his problems are in his social life and the knobheads that he kicks about with. If he does it on the park and no-one can doubt his talents, that will be fine for me

Nothing wrong with Riordan's pals if they could just keep away from the knobhead they hang around with.

• Like 1

So first it wasn't Riordan that was the problem but his friends now it's not his friends but his friends' friends, next the buck will be passed to his friends' friends' friends (have I used all the apostrophes correctly Jaggernaut?). At the end of the day Riordan has to accept responsibility for wasting his considerable talent, easily the best of that Hibs generation in my opinion. He'd be a risk, is there much evidence over the last 3 or so years that he still has the ability to make the gamble worth it?

Riordan would not be a good signing for us. First of all, he's not kicked a ball in 2013. Secondly, his off the pitch behaviour is shocking. Thirdly, when he was playing, he scored 1 goal in 25 matches for three different clubs. The guy is finished at this level. Hasn't been relevant for at least three years.

• Like 1

Sorry don't know how to do the twitter link but posted by "HFC Transfers"

"Jimmy Scott is most likely to be released with Ross County, Partick & Dundee all interested in his services".

"Most likely to be released" in July? Sounds like his agent's desperate hype. Hope we can get better!

So first it wasn't Riordan that was the problem but his friends now it's not his friends but his friends' friends, next the buck will be passed to his friends' friends' friends (have I used all the apostrophes correctly Jaggernaut?). At the end of the day Riordan has to accept responsibility for wasting his considerable talent, easily the best of that Hibs generation in my opinion. He'd be a risk, is there much evidence over the last 3 or so years that he still has the ability to make the gamble worth it?

Think you misunderstood my post, HU. I'm suggesting that Riordan IS the problem.

The poster who calls himself Messis nightmare already stated that the Riordan rumours were made up on pie & bovril anyway, but even if it had been true Im not to sure he would have been an absolutely terrible signing that some are making it out, Im pretty sure he would be aware its last chance saloon and would have a point to prove

Edited by Third Lanark