Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

It is my understanding that Brian Donald and Ajay Chopra haven't put a penny in to the club. I've stated this many times, they all read the forum so I'm sure that if my information was wrong, I would have been corrected before now.

They haven't made any financial contribution whatsoever and from where I'm standing they haven't offered anything instead of that either. I'm talking about skills, industry knowledge etc.

These guys haven't been around the club long, they probably don't realise that at Partick Thistle, the good times tend not to last forever.

If you neglect your customers during the good times, then they are less likely to stick with you in the bad times.

To an extent they are getting away with it just now. The average fan won't care what's going on at boardroom level as long the team are winning. So to everyone that is calling for myself, potty trained and Norgethistle to pipe down and stop moaning, let's see how long your memories are when the good times come to an end.

Just because I'm not happy with the way the club is being run as a business doesn't mean I can't appreciate the football on the park. I've stated countless times that this is probably the best jags team I've ever seen. Some of the stuff we played last night was a joy to watch.

What I want, is a club off the park that does this team justice. A board and back office team that is capable of helping this team progress EVEN MORE.

St. Johnstone had a smaller average gate than us last season and we were a league below them. They were in Europe this year. St. Mirren won a major trophy last season.

We are capable of matching the achievements of these teams, if not bettering them.

But to do that, we need to have a board of directors that understand the importance of customer service in relation to revenue generation. Treat the customer well and they will spend more money. Give them more opportunities to spend their money on the club (TAG, DVDs) and get the annual revenue streams right (season tickets).

My worry is that we get to January, team doing well in mid-table. Archie says to Beattie that we are one good player away from a European spot. There is more chance of that money being available if we have continuous revenue streams such as TAG, hospitality and a DVD selling well.

Hypothetical of course, but surely we should not be neglecting potential revenue streams like this no matter where we are in the league or how well the team is doing.

Agree with absolutely everything that has been posted here, if by being on the board you have not put a financial input, what other input are you giving to the club, otherwise you are a freeloader

Do all Directors not pay a yearly fee to be a director? Sure I read they paid £10k per year.

When the CF was formed, it was 5k a year to get on the board (basically to pay for hospitality) however as ian_mac says this is no longer a requirement. Beattie said at the last AGM that people were only going to be brought onto the board if they provided a specific skill set that we needed. Obviously I am unaware of the inner workings of the club but I find it hard to argue with PT's post below. Should it not be more transparent who is responsible for what?

David Beattie: ?

Brian Donald: TAG

Ian Dodd: Centenary Fund

Ajay Chopra: ?

Greig Brown: ?

Billy Allan: ?

That leaves Catering, Admin(office), Stadium. Finance.

I believe that Billy Allan (actually his company Europa) also deal with running the office and also the stadium.

The best thing for a Nomad to do is "Nothing" not renew, not sign up, end a subscription.

A centenary fund that doesn't get drawn - £240

A season ticket I use once or twice a season - £280

A tag system that never got started - £60 (For TAG plus)

As you said there is Nothing I can do so I will do "Nothing" with these items, but by saying nothing and accepting issues we are part of the problem, we want the rest of Scotland to take us serious as a club, as a team, then get rid of the cuddly toy mentality and operate professionally on and off the park

Is this an example of the 'constructive' stuff you were talking about NT?

Is this an example of the 'constructive' stuff you were talking about NT?

Its better than being compliant and continuing to back them,

I put £500 Input for No output which was for me was fine, as we appeared to be growing a business model the right way

Chopra etc give No input for £5K output, and now we don't appear to be doing the basics for Customer retention or satisfaction

Don't want to go over old ground but the concerns that have been raised with the club are falling on death ears regarding CF, Catering, TAG etc even fixing of seats, so tell me what is the club getting from some of these guys on the board, its not guidance as has been seen with the office, its not communication as the NS move and kids for free for away fans demonstrates, and its not cold hard cash

I put £500 Input for No output which was for me was fine, as we appeared to be growing a business model the right way

Chopra etc give No input for £5K output, and now we don't appear to be doing the basics for Customer retention or satisfaction

Don't want to go over old ground but the concerns that have been raised with the club are falling on death ears regarding CF, Catering, TAG etc even fixing of seats, so tell me what is the club getting from some of these guys on the board, its not guidance as has been seen with the office, its not communication as the NS move and kids for free for away fans demonstrates, and its not cold hard cash

On a positive note I emailed the club after the United game about our broken seats and these were fixed in time for last nights fixture.

Thank god everyone didn't take that same opinion during save the jags eh?

There is nothing YOU can do about it lenziejag, that's for sure. But those of us who actually want there to be a club for our grand kids to support in 50 years time, we feel we can do something about it. And at the end, if nothing changes, at least we can say we tried and didn't just accept the mediocrity of what we were given.

We haven't just simply complained about what's going on. We have offered solutions and alternatives to these problems currently being faced by the club.

I thought you'd be back having another go at me. I wonder why you are not having a go a Norge, as he has said there is nothing he can do except withdraw any support to thistle. That is certainly going to help isn't it.

So what happened during Save the jags, then. Did we not ALL rally round. I know I shouldn't ask this, but what solutions exactly have you suggested. Now I would guess that these suggestions are detailed and not just ideas.

I think we could all agree that there's three reasons anybody can become a board member. Either that or amalgams of two or three.

Firstly there's a financial input, secondly there's an expertise input and thirdly a representative input.

So can those of you either side of this argument agree with above? If so can everyone confirm what input(s) apply to Mssrs Donald & Chopra.

I thought you'd be back having another go at me. I wonder why you are not having a go a Norge, as he has said there is nothing he can do except withdraw any support to thistle. That is certainly going to help isn't it.

So what happened during Save the jags, then. Did we not ALL rally round. I know I shouldn't ask this, but what solutions exactly have you suggested. Now I would guess that these suggestions are detailed and not just ideas.

Not withdrawing my support, I will pay for what I use unlike other seasons where I paid blindly, £260 for 1 match last season, this season will be £20 a pop, when I am there, that seems fair does it not??

Norgethistle!

Maybe re-read my post, I will pay for what I use this season, Last year 1 home game for a Season ticket....... thought I would get 2 or 3 max when I bought it.

Do you have a ST Lenziejag??

This season I will pay for when I am there, so when I am home I will attend the games, do my usual buy a program, 5 pounds worth of 50 / 50 tickets, but won't be merely flinging cash blindly.

Now has anyone that has not renewed had a mail or asking why, I get a phone call every season in April or May from a 1st team Viking player asking if you will be renewing or thanking you for already renewing.......... they have 7000 season ticket holders.

That's customer satisfaction

Maybe re-read my post, I will pay for what I use this season, Last year 1 home game for a Season ticket....... thought I would get 2 or 3 max when I bought it.

I did re read your post and you definitely said that you are going to pay as you go this year as opposed to having a ST in previous years

It is my understanding that Brian Donald and Ajay Chopra haven't put a penny in to the club. I've stated this many times, they all read the forum so I'm sure that if my information was wrong, I would have been corrected before now.

They haven't made any financial contribution whatsoever and from where I'm standing they haven't offered anything instead of that either. I'm talking about skills, industry knowledge etc.

These guys haven't been around the club long, they probably don't realise that at Partick Thistle, the good times tend not to last forever.

If you neglect your customers during the good times, then they are less likely to stick with you in the bad times.

To an extent they are getting away with it just now. The average fan won't care what's going on at boardroom level as long the team are winning. So to everyone that is calling for myself, potty trained and Norgethistle to pipe down and stop moaning, let's see how long your memories are when the good times come to an end.

Just because I'm not happy with the way the club is being run as a business doesn't mean I can't appreciate the football on the park. I've stated countless times that this is probably the best jags team I've ever seen. Some of the stuff we played last night was a joy to watch.

What I want, is a club off the park that does this team justice. A board and back office team that is capable of helping this team progress EVEN MORE.

St. Johnstone had a smaller average gate than us last season and we were a league below them. They were in Europe this year. St. Mirren won a major trophy last season.

We are capable of matching the achievements of these teams, if not bettering them.

But to do that, we need to have a board of directors that understand the importance of customer service in relation to revenue generation. Treat the customer well and they will spend more money. Give them more opportunities to spend their money on the club (TAG, DVDs) and get the annual revenue streams right (season tickets).

My worry is that we get to January, team doing well in mid-table. Archie says to Beattie that we are one good player away from a European spot. There is more chance of that money being available if we have continuous revenue streams such as TAG, hospitality and a DVD selling well.

Hypothetical of course, but surely we should not be neglecting potential revenue streams like this no matter where we are in the league or how well the team is doing.

Can't disagree with any of that, and it's a lot more measured than some of the criticism on this and other threads.

What do people want though? Say AC or BD 'fixed' the catering and centenary fund - the catering is outsourced and would only make more money for SS. The Centenary Fund would be unlikely to pull in 5k more even if it was in a better shape.

Both need fixed, but fixing them won't necessarily see a significant financial return for the club. Would just fixing them be enough for people?

Can't disagree with any of that, and it's a lot more measured than some of the criticism on this and other threads.

What do people want though? Say AC or BD 'fixed' the catering and centenary fund - the catering is outsourced and would only make more money for SS. The Centenary Fund would be unlikely to pull in 5k more even if it was in a better shape.

Both need fixed, but fixing them won't necessarily see a significant financial return for the club. Would just fixing them be enough for people?

At least fixing them show's that the club is listening, it may not pull an extra 5K in, but it may stop the input drop by 5K if people start to pull out

How about since YOU are making the accusations YOU answer his question? I can't believe this thread is still going.

I've stated already - it's my information that BD and AC have not invested a penny and do not take any responsibility for a specific area of the club. I'm confident that my information is correct.

Do you know otherwise?

You guys make excuses for everything.

I've heard it all now!

Do you even know what you're arguing about any more?

You are the one defending the club yet it's US who are making excuses?

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about lenziejag and continue to embarrass yourself on a daily basis.

• Like 1

I've stated already - it's my information that BD and AC have not invested a penny and do not take any responsibility for a specific area of the club. I'm confident that my information is correct.

Do you know otherwise?

No, absolutely no idea what any of them do Ian, but this thread is now TWELVE pages long most of it pointless and I'm a twat for rising to the bait so I'll leave you all to enjoy the rest of your day. Apologies for trying to figure out what the hell the three of you are going on about.

• Like 1