Our Budget

jaggy

Hmmmmm, :thinking:

Don't think I have any need to know that info nor would it lend itself to an interesting/worthwhile thread ending in nothing more than 'Public Forum' comments and 'expert' opinions most likely based on hearsay and media pi$h.

Having said that, I know it is a public forum but . . . . . .

Fat Sally needs every penny for his pie budget: it's difficult to keep yourself in such a svelte shape, dontchaknow?

"The Ibrox boss has been assured by his beleaguered board the club is NOT teetering on the brink of another insolvency event, despite claims by former director Dave King they could be in administration again by Christmas."

Happy days.

£1.2 or £1.1 seems pretty high I was lead to believe we were on less than £500k last year

if we budget for 3500 (as has been mentioned) full payees this season that £1.2 less VAT, I can't see us budgeting to spend 20% more of our gate income on wages, especially as the telly deal was only done recently

£1.2 or £1.1 seems pretty high I was lead to believe we were on less than £500k last year

if we budget for 3500 (as has been mentioned) full payees this season that £1.2 less VAT, I can't see us budgeting to spend 20% more of our gate income on wages, especially as the telly deal was only done recently

Defo way more than £500k That would be an average wage of £320 per week for a 30 man squad. Try doubling it!

Defo way more than £500k That would be an average wage of £320 per week for a 30 man squad. Try doubling it!

Zero chance we had over £1 million on wages last year

We never had a 30 man squad last year, we had 20 1st team players and some young boys, that would put our players on £1000 a week and I know we weren't on that

Sorry guys, i wasn't trying to stir up speculation or looking for exact figures, i was just genuinely wondering how our budget compares to fat boys salary. I thought if we have 35 players (do we have that many?) on that size of budget then it would average £20k. As we have so many under 20's now our average salary might not be that much greater than that

I don't know where all these facts and figures are coming from but I'll play along. If McCoist is on £700K I'd say that sounds maybe a bit excessive but not by that much. Perhaps that includes Durant?. His managing director is reported to be on £500K+ and he's more than likely got players on at lest £3-4K per week. The position of manager is normally considered to be the most important within.a football club On a purely pro rata Sally would likely be on a salary in the vicinity of that of his MD.

Just why sevco need to be spending that sort of dosh across the board when they're playing in the 3rd tier is beyond me. The fact Sally couldn't manage a fish supper is largely irrelevant.

I don't know where all these facts and figures are coming from but I'll play along. If McCoist is on £700K I'd say that sounds maybe a bit excessive but not by that much. Perhaps that includes Durant?. His managing director is reported to be on £500K+ and he's more than likely got players on at lest £3-4K per week. The position of manager is normally considered to be the most important within.a football club On a purely pro rata Sally would likely be on a salary in the vicinity of that of his MD.

Just why sevco need to be spending that sort of dosh across the board when they're playing in the 3rd tier is beyond me. The fact Sally couldn't manage a fish supper is largely irrelevant.

McCoist is on £750000 a year PLUS bonuses

Durrant & McDowell are on roughly £600000 combined PLUS bonuses

Add to that payers on up to £7000 a week PLUS bonuses and there is a wage bill for you

One thing to note the weekly wage for players at Ibrox is in their hand, the club (as it always has) takes care of the tax

• Members

So... When Jackie tells the herald at Christmas that our average first team wage is 250 quid... And Beattie states in the press that the budget has doubled, folk get a wage bill of over a million?

Which one of you is using Tom Hughes calculator?

Arf! :)