Paddy Boyle ?

cyprusjag

Thought his second season with us was fairly good. Was still surprised he was headhunted by an SPL side especially as their captain was a left back too.. It worked out well for us as I doubt ATS would've got quite so much game time had Boyle stayed on.

We've been fortunate with left backs of late. Got the best of Boyle for a spell as we did with Twaddle and Taylor-Sinclair has been superb.Hope Paddy made a bob or two with the Pars as it does look like his career is on the way down.

How the mighty (well, mighty-ish) have fallen. So many recent players who I really thought would go on to a decent level but who now must regret leaving the Jags: Boyle, Twaddle, Tuffey, Buchanan, Erskine...

Now all these players at their peek, I only think that Erskine would be near the team we have now, that shows how far we have came on

That's a real surprise. There was a good player in there waiting to develop. Probably could still do a lot better.

Jagfox has indicated he may have joined the polis.

Juniors is probably all he can manage, otherwise I'm sure he'd still be in the SPFL somewhere.

Edited by H Wragg

Quite stunning really that we got him from Falkirk on a free, then sold him back to them for desperately needed dosh. Then he ends up in the Juniors at a relatively young age. Nuts really.

it's not really nuts ending up in the juniors. Irvine meadow still pay decent money. My pal richie barr knocked back a host of first div clubs to sign for meadow because he got 300quid a week there, more than any of the 1st div teams offered, train two nights a week and keep up his fireman job so he has something to fall back after his football career finishes