Saturday Results

Dick Dastardly

Celtic 2 Motherwell 0

Dundee U 1 Killy 0

Hearts 0 St. Mirren 2

Ross 1 Aberdeen 0

St. Johnstone 4 ICT 0

Some surprises in that lot, but not sure whether they are good for us or not. Saints beating Hearts helps keep us clear of 12th, but it does bring 11th closer. If we keep doing well, Ross and St. J could be competition for 6th. Beating Hibs on Monday would now be a huge boost.

Ross Cunty beating Aberdeen wasn't great for us.

It's that kind of league.

We win at County, we are thumped by Dons, who lose at County

We draw at Perth who THUMP the leaders

We draw at home to Hearts, we win at Paisley and Saints win at Hearts

We win at Paisley lose at home to Dons who dra wat Paisley..

Interesting

• Like 1

So you saying we won't win at home?. If we don't the we deserve to go down. That's done and dusted. We move on to our next HOME game. Don't be so negative!! Sheesh!!

Not negative, just adding context and perspective - two away wins this season but none at home.

Firhill was a fortress last season but we couldn't even beat Hearts or Killie, both in the bottom three, at home.

• Members

And when was the last time that we won at home in League?

Probably won plenty since the last time you seen us which in itself is fine if you're not able to get to a game easily. But please stop commenting on how the team are playing when you're not there.
  • Like 1

St.Mirren win at Tynecastle was only the second away win in the last 17 SPFL matches. Strange considering the weekend of Sep 14th( Aberdeen at home) had seen six away wins. All very inconsistent.

Regarding the table, I see Aberdeen, Motherwell, United and Caley all behind Celtic but sixth place is there to be taken. Won´t be much distance between 6th and 11th. Transform those draws into wins and Thistle will be top half.

One thing that I've noticed this season is that other results put ours in perspective - I was kind of pissed off with the result last week as I thought we should have beat Saints, but now they go out and beat Caley. Horrible cliche, but maybe anyone CAN beat anyone in this league....

Indeed. Never bet on this league. Odds crap and highly unpredictable.

If football clubs were treated like racehorses the equivalent of the Jockey Club would be investigating Aberdeen's away form.

Played 5 away games.....

Motherwell 1-3 Aberdeen

Hearts 2-1 Aberdeen

Jags 0-3 Aberdeen

St Mirren 1-1 Aberdeen

Ross Co 1-0 Aberdeen

Try and put a line of form thru those results without pulling your hair out.

I honestly don't see the imperativve of winning at home, if the side is picking up away from Firhill. Surely, the important thing is to pick up points wherever, we can. By constantly going on and on about a home win we make a big issue out of nothing. I'm confident that our excellent playing style will be rewarded soon, keep the faith,

• Like 1

I honestly don't see the imperativve of winning at home, if the side is picking up away from Firhill. Surely, the important thing is to pick up points wherever, we can. By constantly going on and on about a home win we make a big issue out of nothing. I'm confident that our excellent playing style will be rewarded soon, keep the faith,

That's a good point. The only issue with mediocre home form is that attendances are likely to be lower than if we were getting good results.