North Stand Demonstration

potty trained

Guys I think we have debated this to death. I have been in the North Stand for every home game since the Falkirk game at the start of last season, I also along with my 2 sons contributed to the banners Ian Mac organised, however now it's time to accept that we have done as much as we can.

The game is in 2 weeks, tickets on sale and whatever match day chaos occurs then so be it.

Overall as a club we are in as good a position as I can ever remember and we need to not forget this.

The Celtic issue has been a huge own goal by the board, however by and large they have done some pretty decent stuff.

I think it's now time to focus on how best we support the team on the 27 th, however fragmented the support is and don't allow this to cloud our enthusiasm for getting behind the team against Celtic.

After the game and whatever happens re seating and crowd control, maybe we could then go back to the board with a "we told you so". Maybe then they will listen

• Like 1

To me the club's biggest mistake was promising the fans they would have the north stand, for all time, in the first place? Yes, it's a great way to get fans behind the team (literally!) but it's seldom more than a third full so really it was a poorly thought out promise. I seem to recall they also made the same promise over the Jackie Husband a few years back.

Don't they ever learn? :thinking:

To me the club's biggest mistake was promising the fans they would have the north stand, for all time, in the first place? Yes, it's a great way to get fans behind the team (literally!) but it's seldom more than a third full so really it was a poorly thought out promise. I seem to recall they also made the same promise over the Jackie Husband a few years back.

Don't they ever learn? :thinking:

Fair point: you can't trust a Thistle BoD to stick to their script ever. Certainly, that is at least the case under the present "the BoD picks itself" situation that we endure.

There were lots of "promises" made when the club sold 2-year season tickets to try to pay for the JHS. I don't believe one of them has stood the test of time over a less than 20 year period.

Anyone know how many are required for a group.....if I go with the x factor definition its 2 but does anyone know for sure?

group

(gr

oomacr.gifp)

n.

An assemblage of persons or objects gathered or located together; an aggregation:
a group of dinner guests; a group of buildings near the road.

Two or more figures that make up a unit or design, as in sculpture.

A number of individuals or things considered together because of similarities:
a small group of supporters across the country.

Linguistics
A category of related languages that is less inclusive than a family.

a.
A military unit consisting of two or more battalions and a headquarters.

b.
A unit of two or more squadrons in the U.S. Air Force, smaller than a wing.

A class or collection of related objects or entities, as:

a.
Two or more atoms behaving or regarded as behaving as a single chemical unit.

b.
A column in the periodic table of the elements.

c.
A stratigraphic unit, especially a unit consisting of two or more formations deposited during a single geologic era.

Mathematics
A set with a binary associative operation such that the operation admits an identity element and each element of the set has an inverse element for the operation.

Spot on Uberteeb. I initially had the Celtic game as one not to miss - the chance to fill Firhill, get a good atmosphere going and the slight chance of getting a result was enough to have me excited. However as soon as our board caved to pressure to accommodate fans deemed too troublesome/stupid to sit in the Main Stand - where the away fans of every other club are trusted to sit - not to mention the stupid rationale that they can't be 'surrounded' - just like every other teams fans are at Parkhead - pissed me off enough that I chose this game to 'miss' to get brownie points with the wife by attending some Christmas craft fair nonsense at the SECC. And I don't regret it - I have no wish to attend a game and see those jackey ******** singing their songs in our North Stand. I probably won't even make any effort to juggle the day around so I can watch it on Sky.

Our current Board have done a lot of good for the club and I really appreciate them. This, however, is a total and utter **** up - how anyone can disagree simply because it doesn't affect them is beyond me. FTOF? Nah, not really - roll out the red carpet and make sure they're happy with our efforts to accommodate them. We're back in the top league five minutes and already we're bending over. I genuinely thought we stood for something better than this.

I simply can't understand this logic!! I have read most views on this situation and I haven't seen or read anything that confirms or refutes the defined position of the club. If your view is anti board they have caved in if it is pro club the board had no choice. All conjecture so to take a defined stance and gain brownie points at a f*****g craft fair rather than watch your team I simply don't compute? Top bloke though enjoy your day and I would agree that you shouldn't check the Sky coverage, nor the BBC results website, nor the bookies as you clearly aren't interested enough to follow the jags. Enjoy your day whilst we get behind the team.

Guys I think we have debated this to death. I have been in the North Stand for every home game since the Falkirk game at the start of last season, I also along with my 2 sons contributed to the banners Ian Mac organised, however now it's time to accept that we have done as much as we can.

The game is in 2 weeks, tickets on sale and whatever match day chaos occurs then so be it.

Overall as a club we are in as good a position as I can ever remember and we need to not forget this.

The Celtic issue has been a huge own goal by the board, however by and large they have done some pretty decent stuff.

I think it's now time to focus on how best we support the team on the 27 th, however fragmented the support is and don't allow this to cloud our enthusiasm for getting behind the team against Celtic.

After the game and whatever happens re seating and crowd control, maybe we could then go back to the board with a "we told you so". Maybe then they will listen

I never expected the decision to be changed, I hoped it would but I was realistic enough to know that it was extremely unlikely. That wasn't the point of the protest.

If you let someone treat you like shit and get away with it, they will keep doing it over and over again. It's a scenario that has happened at football clubs throughout history.

We may not have been able to change this decision, but the point of the protest was to make them think long and hard before they ever do something like this again.

I believe on the whole that Beattie has been a good chairman. But doesn't mean that I have to accept every decision he makes, especially one which I believe to be fundamentally wrong in every aspect.

My worry about Beattie is that he seems to have surrounded himself on the board with people who are simply out of touch with the fanbase. I don't include every board member in this, but there is certainly an element in there who don't consider the fans to be of any importance. They are there for the benefit of themselves and their own personal business and social interests.

• Like 4

It seems a pity that the "I'm a better fan than you" argument over whether or not to attend the Celtic game has reared its ugly head.

It is a understandably a personal choice as to whether or not you wish to attend, whether or not you agree with the reasons for allowing their fans to infect parts of the ground which perhaps they shouldn't, whether or not there are reasonable alternatives to attending. Regardless of what your views are, there is little or no requirement to pass judgement on those who do not share your own views regarding this game.

• Like 1

I simply can't understand this logic!! I have read most views on this situation and I haven't seen or read anything that confirms or refutes the defined position of the club. If your view is anti board they have caved in if it is pro club the board had no choice. All conjecture so to take a defined stance and gain brownie points at a f*****g craft fair rather than watch your team I simply don't compute? Top bloke though enjoy your day and I would agree that you shouldn't check the Sky coverage, nor the BBC results website, nor the bookies as you clearly aren't interested enough to follow the jags. Enjoy your day whilst we get behind the team.

You do realise that pretty much everyone who is against what is going on with the Celtic game has caveated their point by saying Beattie has done most things very well, namely the bread and butter of running a football club (players contracts, managers appointed, money for new players, the youth set up even before the Weir thing happened, the original move to the North Stand, etc).

If you had taken the time to read about developments as it happened over the summer you would know, 'you clearly aren't interested enough to follow the jags'.

• Like 1

I think the whole "Celtic fans can't use the main stand because they let off flares "excuse is a bit if a smoke screen. What are the chances of a distress flare actually igniting wooden seats? Has there been any documented cases? Unless fires were deliberately started with paper and some sort of flammable gas whereby we're dealing with would be arsonists who could start a fire anywhere. The truth is the club want to understandably fill the ground as much as possible and the police wouldn't want the Celtic support split in two with a group of thistle fans in the middle when arriving and leaving the ground. The home support for most clubs is always down for games v the old firm. Varying reasons for this . Feel they're going to get beat ? Can't stand to be in the same ground? Increased price? Don't want to expose their kids to an Irish civil war history lesson ? I would always attend but I do have reservations about taking the kid . Unfortunately the north stand is just a bit big for the current shed support so there would be a loss of income . However this may have been boosted if we encouraged others to go into the northy for this game.

Spot on Uberteeb. I initially had the Celtic game as one not to miss - the chance to fill Firhill, get a good atmosphere going and the slight chance of getting a result was enough to have me excited. However as soon as our board caved to pressure to accommodate fans deemed too troublesome/stupid to sit in the Main Stand - where the away fans of every other club are trusted to sit - not to mention the stupid rationale that they can't be 'surrounded' - just like every other teams fans are at Parkhead - pissed me off enough that I chose this game to 'miss' to get brownie points with the wife by attending some Christmas craft fair nonsense at the SECC. And I don't regret it - I have no wish to attend a game and see those jackey ******** singing their songs in our North Stand. I probably won't even make any effort to juggle the day around so I can watch it on Sky.

Our current Board have done a lot of good for the club and I really appreciate them. This, however, is a total and utter **** up - how anyone can disagree simply because it doesn't affect them is beyond me. FTOF? Nah, not really - roll out the red carpet and make sure they're happy with our efforts to accommodate them. We're back in the top league five minutes and already we're bending over. I genuinely thought we stood for something better than this.

When you do go back to the North Stand don't be singing I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals.

Ironically it probably would have been better from a financial and atmosphere persepctive to move the JHS support into the main stand for one game and give celtic the whole JHS.

Going by the folk posting on here, the JHS folk wouldn't have had a problem with this. Maybe we can do that for the next game?