So Long Gary Fraser

The Legend Blows

A question that I've been thinking about: if a loanee stupidly gets himself sent off and banned for 3 months, i.e. more or less the entire duration of his loan, does the club who is currently hosting continue to to pay his wages? If he continues training with them, the host club is basically keeping him fit while getting no game time, but paying for him for the benefit of the club who has him under contract.

Can anybody enlighten?

There are no set rules and it will depend on the terms and condition of the loan deal's contract. It may (or may not) allow the club to return the player if he gets a long-term injury or suspension. There may be a clause that allows the club to pay a lower rental fee and/or wages if the player is receives a long-term suspension and/or is ill-disciplined.

Archie wants to keep him until end of season!

The story so far....

First half of last season Gary was a regular substitute and occasional starter for Accies

Last January a transfer deal was struck between Accies and Bolton.

Fraser then changed his mind and returned to Hamilton

Despite being involved in a dozen games prior to the proposed transfer Gary only played 2 minutes football from February to the end of the season.

Fraser was released from his contact at NDP despite having two years remaining and the fee agreed by Hamilton only months earlier being a significant amount.

Gary then "joined" PTFC on the first day of pre-season and remained in training up till close on the start of the season proper.playing in a couple (maybe more) pre-season friendlies.

He left us to sign for Bolton where he played a further pre-season friendly

He then returned to PTFC on a six month loan deal.

Bar a late substitution Gary played in our first three matches in their entirety. (Three games where we picked up 5 pts).

Just after half time in the fourth match Fraser is substituted. He then plays no part whatsoever in any further first team games

Despite being eligible and not playing first team football Gary plays no part in any Under 20 matches.....

...till late October when he is sent off for excessive violent conduct.

Gary receives a nine match suspension He therefore doesn't play any first team football for over four months.

I'm actually hoping Archie does negotiate a further extension to Master Fraser's loan spell if only as I'm sure there'll be more twists and turns to come. Perhaps he'll come off the bench to score a last minute winner that sees us qualify for Europe (or more realistically avoid the play offs).

I note Young Gary is still a teenager till the summer. I wouldn't be that surprised if he's enough material for an autobiography before then

If we have riches in any area of the park, it is the midfield. I'm not sure I see the value in working to extend the loan of a guy who couldn't get in the team when fully match fit, into a period of time where he won't have played a competitive match for over 3 months.

That said, Archie's thinking might be revolving around what happens with Osbourne in January.

The story so far....

First half of last season Gary was a regular substitute and occasional starter for Accies

Last January a transfer deal was struck between Accies and Bolton.

Fraser then changed his mind and returned to Hamilton

Despite being involved in a dozen games prior to the proposed transfer Gary only played 2 minutes football from February to the end of the season.

Fraser was released from his contact at NDP despite having two years remaining and the fee agreed by Hamilton only months earlier being a significant amount.

Gary then "joined" PTFC on the first day of pre-season and remained in training up till close on the start of the season proper.playing in a couple (maybe more) pre-season friendlies.

He left us to sign for Bolton where he played a further pre-season friendly

He then returned to PTFC on a six month loan deal.

Bar a late substitution Gary played in our first three matches in their entirety. (Three games where we picked up 5 pts).

Just after half time in the fourth match Fraser is substituted. He then plays no part whatsoever in any further first team games

Despite being eligible and not playing first team football Gary plays no part in any Under 20 matches.....

...till late October when he is sent off for excessive violent conduct.

Gary receives a nine match suspension He therefore doesn't play any first team football for over four months.

I'm actually hoping Archie does negotiate a further extension to Master Fraser's loan spell if only as I'm sure there'll be more twists and turns to come. Perhaps he'll come off the bench to score a last minute winner that sees us qualify for Europe (or more realistically avoid the play offs).

I note Young Gary is still a teenager till the summer. I wouldn't be that surprised if he's enough material for an autobiography before then

That makes him look like a serious waste of space.

That makes him look like a serious waste of space.

Wasn't really intended as such. Just highlighting for a lad still in his teens that he's already had an amazingly checkered career. I can only guess, reading between the lines so to speak, that there's a lot more could be added.

Firhill is maybe the right place for Fraser. Traditional home to the flawed genius :) .

• Like 1

Duncan Ferguson was jailed for a head but only. I understand Mr. Fraser was sent off for a continuous assault. Why no criminal action in this case?

Same could be said form Muirhead, who also headbutted someone on the telly.

Give the boy a chance we all make errors whilst young, the witch hunt by some is shocking on here and FB

• Like 2

Duncan Ferguson was jailed for a head but only. I understand Mr. Fraser was sent off for a continuous assault. Why no criminal action in this case?

When he nutted John McStay on the pitch, Ferguson was on probation following a prior conviction for assault (which was his third conviction). Assaulting someone publicly while on probation and with a record of assaults was not too clever. He was relatively young and has thankfully been free of such troubles since. Good player too. I have no idea what Gary Fraser's background is. Hopefully he will take stock and shape up, wherever he plays.

Edited by David Stevenson