January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Wonder if they were looking to see if Andy Wilkinson of Stoke would come back.

Wilkinson was not playing - a bit old for the Potters' development squad! If he's available for loan, it's likely that he would go to a Championship club. It's more likely that Archie heard about Dundee's interest in Honeyman and was taking a look at him and/or other players.

Supposedly Shaggy was down at the Sunderland v Stoke u21 game on Monday. The Black Cats have loaned out a few players to League one clubs. Dundee were represented too supposedly.

http://m.sunderlande...-loan-1-6373575

According to Terry Butcher in the Metro, Hibs were there also. Three players were named: Craig Lynch, Duncan Watmore and Charis Marvais.

For so many clubs to be represented, it sounds like Sunderland are casting the net wide to find a loan spell for a few players or there is an agent or two at work!

Stevenson seems to have been linked with half the league since yesterday. I don't see it happening anyway but if it did I wouldn't be all that thrilled. He isn't the type of ball-winning/deep-lying midfielder that we're most in need of just now. His best position is probably behind the striker, where I personally think Lawless and even Higginbotham would be better options, and I say that as someone who remains unconvinced by both's contributions so far this season. He's nowhere near good enough for the wage we'd probably need to be giving him, and our priorities just now will quite rightly be in other areas of the team.

• Like 1

Doubt it considering st mirren have had an offer accepted by hearts, which he turned down.

He's just took a wage cut down to 1500 a week at hearts til the end of the season.

Really? Out of our fiscal league, though Jackson has a record of making players redundant while in admin, so maybe Stevenson would view half of £1500 as better than Jobseekers allowance....

If they are serious, it sounds like StM are doing a County and splashing out a bit to try to ensure they don't end up 11th as they have just taken Wylde off Aberdeen's hands too.

Hearts have reportedly had an offer from Cluj (Romanian side) for Stevenson and are reportedly keen to sell King to Swansea for £200K asap now that they can't sign on players without shipping some out.

Cash-flow must be getting tight down Gorgie as they have bagged Billy Brown while the CEO and Director of Football have both taken wage cuts. Bryan Jackson did warn that the cash could run out in Feb/March.

It could be getting perilously close to the stage where they have no cash with which to pay bills and more importantly tax, NI and wages. Would be a case of results deleted if they failed to fulfil the fixtures, but I doubt it will come to that. Currently though, StM, County and us all have the same record against Hearts while Killie have taken 6 points, so marginally better for us if it were to happen.....

the teams around us seem to be strengthening, would like 2 more players to come in before the st mirren game, preferably before killie so the players have time to gel before we play the harder teams in the league

Agreed that two more players would be welcome. Got to bear in mind though that some of the players that arrive at rival clubs (as well as at ours) won't work out, so there might not be all that much strengthening going on.

Gary Kenneth released by Bristol Rovers. Could he be a defensive target, although I expect that United would be in pole possition to re-sign him.

The papers say that Kenneth wants to go back to Tannadice. Souttar is only 17 and has played a lot of games. McNamara is resting him and Gauld this weekend to avoid burnout. Kenneth could be a useful signing, especially if a bid comes in before the end of the month.