Jags V Motherwell

The Cup

Didn't we play them in a cup game in the last 20 years? I vaguely remember a game when we were in the first division. We lost like 3-0 or something.

1996. Lost 2-0 at Firhill when we were still in the Premier, although soon to be relegated. If I recall correctly, scorers were Billy Davies and Mitchell van der Gaag against a defence marshalled by Big Jim Slavin.

For some strange reason, I think I can remember Stuart Ayton coming on as a sub. Can anyone verify and was this his only Thistle appearance?

Didn't we play them in a cup game in the last 20 years? I vaguely remember a game when we were in the first division. We lost like 3-0 or something.

Think that was at Fir Pk. I mind a game where John Robbo was allowed to play on despite aggravating an injury. The Bunnet played Graham Gibson at left back or something equally daft. Coming to think of it Roberts scored that night so wasn't 0-3

that means we should get a live feed (probably with no commentary) somewhere on t'internet just like Hibs away recently :)

2 broadcasts, at 17:30 and 21:55 on Sunday 29th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03mjjs1/broadcasts/upcoming

It should also be available on the BBC iPlayer. If you're abroad and can't use it - well, I'm sure you can get advice from other expats. :)

2 broadcasts, at 17:30 and 21:55 on Sunday 29th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...dcasts/upcoming

It should also be available on the BBC iPlayer. If you're abroad and can't use it - well, I'm sure you can get advice from other expats. :)

Thanks for confirming. I checked a few of the live feed sites and it's also listed, so here's hoping for a win!!

1996. Lost 2-0 at Firhill when we were still in the Premier, although soon to be relegated. If I recall correctly, scorers were Billy Davies and Mitchell van der Gaag against a defence marshalled by Big Jim Slavin.

For some strange reason, I think I can remember Stuart Ayton coming on as a sub. Can anyone verify and was this his only Thistle appearance?

wrong

1996/97 we were a 1st division side and correct we did lose 2-0 but it was shaun mcskimming who scored the other murdo macleod was manager i remember maskrey was shocking as was billy macdonald that day

wrong

1996/97 we were a 1st division side and correct we did lose 2-0 but it was shaun mcskimming who scored the other murdo macleod was manager i remember maskrey was shocking as was billy macdonald that day

Thank you for the information. I think that my defective memory has conflated 2 different but similar games. Did we lose 2-0 at home to Motherwell in the league the season before, either late February or early March 1996? Was this the game in which Davies and Van der Gaag scored? Did Big Jim Slavin play in either or both games? I am pretty sure that Stuart Ayton either played or came off the bench in the second game, but then again I could be wrong about that too!

We lost 2-0 to Motherwell at Firhill in March 2006 (Premier League). Van der Gaag definitely scored; don't remember who got the other. Motherwell were wearing a black away kit...

From here

Match date: 30/03/1996

Match type: Premier League

min Partick 0 2 Motherwell

27 Davies K.

59 van Der Gaag M.

Edited by German Jag