Erskine Back

CCjag

I honestly think Erskine regretted moving and has really not enjoyed his time up at Utd. Ever since he joined in the "Dundee's a shitehole" thing at the post season fans thing (though inconsequential on the face of it) I really got the sense his heart wasn't in it. On paper it was a sensible move for him: guaranteed top flight football vs when he signed the precontract we were still fighting, several times his wage here, bigger club etc.

But sometimes players do their best when they're just in a happier place. I hope that's the case with The Bridge and Firhill.

Welcome back, Prodigal Son.

• Like 4

He will improve our squad and generally he completes our forward line. We should see less of the likes of Elliott and Craigen in wide positions now which is definitely some sort of plus. But there are still big question marks over whether he can cut it in this league, let's not forget similar fanboyism surrounded the likes of Fox and Balatoni and Welsh and all of whom have on the most part disappointed this season. I also hope we still have funds to spare to bring in a defensive midfielder, as that really is a glaring position within our team. Overall I'm pretty happy with this though, if it does come together then we have a really impressive forward line on our hands.

Full credit to Archie and the BoD for making this happen. Great to see him back, undoubtedly one of the most talented players we've had in recent times. But wait? What will the doom-mongers moan about now? They wanted Archie to get a creative midfielder and he has. As I said, credit to Archie and BoD for making this happen.

let's not forget similar fanboyism surrounded the likes of Fox and Balatoni and Welsh and all of whom have on the most part disappointed this season

Bit harsh on Welsh I think. One of the best players on the park for the first couple of games, and then injured. If we can make it through tomorrow night unscathed, we have Fraser and Bannigani in the midfield positions, and hopefully Welsh back in contention in the next week or 2. A bit of cover there might be nice though.

In response to DUFCfan, your talking out your arse. Chris was not givin the chance to show his talents, two games running he played, two flipping games. If it wasn't for your shitty arrogant support he would have been a star performer for yous. Since the first Inverness Caley game you got on his back. I've been a few times to watch him and the abuse I heard while there is unreal. Typical example at the weekend, he played not bad, put a few good balls through for GMS but the wee shite runs offside. Did he get the abuse for that, or any other time he lost the ball ? NO DID HE HELL. Same with Armstrong when he came on, lost the ball a few times but still got no abuse. Macnamara has split his squad, another two players away on holiday today. DID YOu KNOW THAT ? Get your heads out your arse and realise that your team isn't that good. I know when Chris loan spell ends, I won't be back to that shithole of a stadium you have.

I'm glad and proud he's back where he's loved.

Well done Gress, a guy offers his honest opinion and you respond like a bitter wee shite with a big chip on your shoulder. That's the way mate. Knock yourself out. And what DUFC's stadium is got to do with the price of cheese I don't know. Better stadium than ours so not sure what your point is, other than just heckling the guy for giving his opinion. Anyway, for what it's worth, I'm a massive fan of Erskine and am over the moon that Archie has brought him back. He scored some amazing goals last season to get us promotion and hopefully he can bring back some of that creativity to the team again. But let's try and be objective. Erskine was a hero for us in the Championship. That's not to say he will definitely perform at the same level in the Premiership. Look at some of our guys who were brilliant last year but have struggled to step up (Balatoni/Craigen/Elliott). I obviously hope Chrissie will do well and I think he will, but DUFCfan doesn't think so and he watches his team every week, so at least he can talk from first hand experience. Thanks for joining the thread and giving your opinion DUFCfan.

• Like 1

Well I think it's safe to say that this news has cheered Jags fans up a wee bit. Just hope the fans let him settle in if he doesn't hit the ground running. He will be a massive plus for us.

I for one welcome the input of the DUFC fan in this forum, so don't be put off. Welcome back Chris. In my 43 years of following, loving, laughing and crying over Thistle I have never seen a player that has raised as much love and hope as you have, Now go and lead us to safety!

Great news. :clapping:

Yes there are questions about how well Erskine can do in the Premier League, but even those who aren't huge fans of his know that on his day, he does have some talent. We don't expect him to be brilliant, but if he can try to link the midfield and attack, pop up with the odd bit of Erskine magic, and grow his confidence at this level, then he will do a job for us.

Welcome home Chris.

I'm curious to know why Paton get's a bad rap with you guys, he and Erskine both left at the same time and Erskine still has hero status at Firhill, while Paton seems to have been vilified a bit by you guys.

Daft comments on twitter and Facebook.

Erskine showed a bit of class when he left us, Paton didn't. Simple a that.

• Like 1

Really don't see the problem of supporters of other teams posting on the forum everyone is entitled to their viewpoint whether it be Bilko, DUFCfan or whoever

Agree to an extent, the posters you have mentioned seem up for a bit of healthy discussion and actually make a worthwhile contribution to the debate.

I take exception to the people who come on with the sole purpose of trolling, like many of the Morton fans last year.

Daft comments on twitter and Facebook.

Erskine showed a bit of class when he left us, Paton didn't. Simple a that.

I never had a problem with Paton Ian, I hear he may have been a bit cheeky on Facebook and/or Twitter but that doesn't bother me. He was a good player for us and he always seemed very passionate and committed when he played for us.

Erskine was our outstanding player last season. Several of that team he was in have shown they can step up a level: Fox, ATS, Bannigan, Doolan and to a lesser extent Lawless, Muirhead and Balatoni. It has to make you wonder then why a player who was as good or better than them can't hack it in another team. Logically you'd say he's not been used properly or just had a little form loss and wasn't given time to get over it. To say he is now rubish as our DUFC poster suggests doesn't make any sense and is in complete contradiction to the evidence.