Perspective

Norgethistle

18 months ago (End of 2011-2012 season) we were 6th in league 1 - 9 points above a relegation play off spot (Jackie was given time and turned it around)

1 year ago we couldn't buy an away win, and our league title was slipping away (Archie took the reigns and turned it around)

Last year we were told by everyone we were too young to win the league (The "Young team" proved everyone wrong)

We are now in the top league, where we all dreamed of going

We have one of the smallest squads in the League

We have one of the youngest squads in the League

We have one of the lowest wage in the League

We have the least amount of "Play time" experience within our squad at the top league

We have the smallest scouting network in our league

We have the least amount of coaches in our league

BUT

We have a manager who wants to play football the right way

We have a team that try's to entertain every week

We have a team full of potential

Archie has done miracles with what he has been given, in such a short time, if folk had said to us after getting beaten by Morton at Firhill just over a year ago that we'd be sitting in 11th in a years time, with the same squad, trying to play decent football, we would have bitten their hands of for it.

We all accepted McColls 3/5 year plan, Jackies long term plan to turn us around......... they were all given time

Archie needs that and our backing and support, I honestly believe that Archie given time will have us playing well and winning well,

He cares about the club, very few other managers would

Reality check everyone, look where we were not so long ago and look where we are now

Back the man

• Like 34

18 months ago (End of 2011-2012 season) we were 6th in league 1 - 9 points above a relegation play off spot (Jackie was given time and turned it around)

1 year ago we couldn't buy an away win, and our league title was slipping away (Archie took the reigns and turned it around)

Last year we were told by everyone we were too young to win the league (The "Young team" proved everyone wrong)

We are now in the top league, where we all dreamed of going

We have one of the smallest squads in the League

We have one of the youngest squads in the League

We have one of the lowest wage in the League

We have the least amount of "Play time" experience within our squad at the top league

We have the smallest scouting network in our league

We have the least amount of coaches in our league

BUT

We have a manager who wants to play football the right way

We have a team that try's to entertain every week

We have a team full of potential

Archie has done miracles with what he has been given, in such a short time, if folk had said to us after getting beaten by Morton at Firhill just over a year ago that we'd be sitting in 11th in a years time, with the same squad, trying to play decent football, we would have bitten their hands of for it.

We all accepted McColls 3/5 year plan, Jackies long term plan to turn us around......... they were all given time

Archie needs that and our backing and support, I honestly believe that Archie given time will have us playing well and winning well,

He cares about the club, very few other managers would

Reality check everyone, look where we were not so long ago and look where we are now

Back the man

Ive ran out of my likes for the day Norge, but great post

And most people want to stay here and see we are currently going back.

Take a look at this threads title. "Perspective" How on earth are we going back when we are in a different environment to what we were last season?. A huge leap in quality. You just don't get the meaning of this do you? Your negativity is astonishing in it's intensity.

some points true.. but this team with a bit more selection and tactical awareness may perform better

its the weakest spl in years and if it was not for Hearts being in a mess we would bottom.. no home wins since April last year.. loyal to a point with management but we need a big improvement in coming games

I am being negative but I am pissed off with what I am seeing on the park.

The facts are that if we lose on Saturday St Mirren will go 6 points clear of us and have a game in hand. Their game in hand is against Hearts so that's 9 points, almost half our total.

Ross County have signed some good players so will be nowhere near relegation.

Kilmarnock have Boyd who will get them points and they know how to win games.

So it's only January we can only realistically catch a Killie team that we can't match and all but in the playoff.

That's my perspective.

I am being negative but I am pissed off with what I am seeing on the park.

The facts are that if we lose on Saturday St Mirren will go 6 points clear of us and have a game in hand. Their game in hand is against Hearts so that's 9 points, almost half our total.

Ross County have signed some good players so will be nowhere near relegation.

Kilmarnock have Boyd who will get them points and they know how to win games.

So it's only January we can only realistically catch a Killie team that we can't match and all but in the playoff.

That's my perspective.

So we can't "realistically" beat St Mirren on Saturday. Honestly, I don't know why you bother.

I think some people would be much happier in their lives if they just give the rest of the season a miss, and come back in the Summer.

Unless ranting and raving and pishing and moaning on internet forums is what gets you through the day. And in that case, why want Archie to leave? You can gnash your teeth at every game until they all fall out!

• Like 1

I must have dreamt that we have already beaten them there this season!!

So what?

There is no reason to believe that we can beat them this week based on the recent form of the two sides. Blind optimism does not guarantee a win.

The Cup is right in post 13 above - we are in deep deep deep juju here.

The plain fact is we have two wins in the league since September, one against Fake Thistle where we got lucky with a refereeing decision and their keeper kindly giving us an early Christmas present, and a semi-okay win against a Hearts under-18 squad plus three.

While our performances may have been pleasing on the eye for the most part, it's a fact that we are 11th in this league and have lost the habit of winning a game of football since last Easter.

Lose on Saturday and we no longer have feet left in which to shoot ourselves.

Edited by Barney Rubble

So what?

There is no reason to believe that we can beat them this week based on the recent form of the two sides. Blind optimism does not guarantee a win.

The Cup is right in post 13 above - we are in deep deep deep juju here.

The plain fact is we have two wins in the league since September, one against Fake Thistle where we got lucky with a refereeing decision and their keeper kindly giving us an early Christmas present, and a semi-okay win against a Hearts under-18 squad plus three.

While our performances may have been pleasing on the eye for the most part, it's a fact that we are 11th in this league and have lost the habit of winning a game of football since last Easter.

Lose on Saturday and we no longer have feet left in which to shoot ourselves.

So what?? Are St Mirren 10/15 points ahead of us, No they are 3 points ahead of us. We have won one game each. Hardly reason to say that its hardly likely that we will win through there especially as its clear to anyone that we are playing better away from home than we are at home!!

Edited by Lindau

It's not as if we're getting beaten every game. We actually have more draws than any other team in the division. And most of those draws have been obtained playing good football. I'm genuinely enjoying the season and most of the games I've watched ( which is most games). In the end, this is all that matters to me.

And of course, now we've strengthened the team, there's no reason why we can't start turning those draws into wins.

So what?? Are St Mirren 10/15 points ahead of us, No they are 3 points ahead of us. We have won one game each. Hardly reason to say that its hardly likely that we will win through there especially as its clear to anyone that we are playing better away from home than we are at home!!

Read my post again - it says ON RECENT FORM.

Now go check the recent form of both sides, both home and away.

Interstingly, I suspect that if we had fallen narrowly short of Morton last season, and were in a championship playoff position (2nd/3rd/4th) this season (while playing the same brand of football), there would be fewer people calling for Archie's head- yet we'd be worse off. A victim of his own success, perhaps?

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
  • Like 1