St Mirren Game

mhs

I was disappointed at Gallagher punting long all Tuesday night where Fox usually throws it out and let us keep possession and build. But I'm not sure whether that was down to Gallagher, or that fact that he didn't have Bannigan, Sinclair, Muirhead or Welsh in front of him (who are all the types to take it short).

Not denying that, just would be nice to know if I should walk down to the ground when I get up, or wait til kick off.

I picked mine up tonight and the guy said they'd sold about 700. Once they stand behind the goals sells out their won't be any additional tickets - the overspill area is being retained for St MIrren fans.

I was disappointed at Gallagher punting long all Tuesday night where Fox usually throws it out and let us keep possession and build. But I'm not sure whether that was down to Gallagher, or that fact that he didn't have Bannigan, Sinclair, Muirhead or Welsh in front of him (who are all the types to take it short).

I thought our defence and full backs in particular were less willing to show for the short pass from Gallagher. It's probably a confidence thing with the pressure of not having won at home and the fear of being the one who makes the mistake that costs us a goal.

I picked mine up tonight and the guy said they'd sold about 700. Once they stand behind the goals sells out their won't be any additional tickets - the overspill area is being retained for St MIrren fans.

So, 900 left...

How many hearts tickets sold pre match compared to full travelling support?

I tend to think Gallagher's actions re distribution etc must be more Archie's tactics.

I was actually quite glad he was knocking it long, as there were a few nervy moments when out defence were nearly caught with the ball, especially Balatoni who looks like he has lost all confidence.

BBC says Fox may come back in for this one - I think that would be a mistake as tomorrow is a big game and we need a keeper who is not low on confidence and suspect at shot stopping.

re Galls kickouts....I thought his options weren't as great because St Johnstone picked up our players up quickly and so he had no option but to kick. Dont get though why goalies kick it high instead of just long. As for Saints I dididnt see a stray Saints pass all night.

PS I'd have Doolan and Taylor on from the start. It look good when those 2 and Erskine worked together.

Taylor also needs a rest. Doolan would be a better option at this time and with these attacking midfielders, especially Erskine.

There is something seriously wrong if a 23 year old player, who has played little football in the first half of the season, needs a rest after a handful of games!!!