Tag

jagscast

Not being disrespectful to your opinion but are you seriously thinking that our core 1200 or so season tickets holders who are automatically put into the TAG scheme then the rest of our home crowd which is probably about 3500 are going to subscribe to TAG. In effect you're expecting the other 2300 to subscribe!! , don't think that's going to happen that's where the disengagement comes in . A free app on your phone would cost the club about £ 4000.00 per annum which includes set up costs. IMO the club would easily recoup that with notifications , promotions ,functions etc and the key thing about this it could include everybody and make everyone feel part of our club.

How many Nomads do we have??

PTFC Las Vegas will have 200 Jags wearing fans at their event in June the 3rd, how many of them can we get?

How many fans that can't get to the games but want to get involved?

How many Jags fans were at the Scottish cup semi final, the Morton game, the Ramsdens cup final?

Not everyone wants to use a APP, also its free, the same as the website, this is about engaging the fans, reaching out trying to grow the fanbase and trying, to over time make the club some money.

It won't get 5000 straight away, it may never, but the club is at least setting stretch goals which should over time done correctly be achievable

How many Nomads do we have??

PTFC Las Vegas will have 200 Jags wearing fans at their event in June the 3rd, how many of them can we get?

How many fans that can't get to the games but want to get involved?

How many Jags fans were at the Scottish cup semi final, the Morton game, the Ramsdens cup final?

Not everyone wants to use a APP, also its free, the same as the website, this is about engaging the fans, reaching out trying to grow the fanbase and trying, to over time make the club some money.

It won't get 5000 straight away, it may never, but the club is at least setting stretch goals which should over time done correctly be achievable

There has got to be some transparency here, what are the costs for running TAG ? if its going to be a viable commercial entity. Though you've got to commend the Club for thinking out with the box , there should a be a sense of realism. I would rather maximise the Lottery , Advertising , Sponsorship etc rather than starting something that may or may not work . The last thing we want is to incur losses which might affect the team's budget .

Not being disrespectful to your opinion but are you seriously thinking that our core 1200 or so season tickets holders who are automatically put into the TAG scheme then the rest of our home crowd which is probably about 3500 are going to subscribe to TAG. In effect you're expecting the other 2300 to subscribe!! , don't think that's going to happen that's where the disengagement comes in . A free app on your phone would cost the club about £ 4000.00 per annum which includes set up costs. IMO the club would easily recoup that with notifications , promotions ,functions etc and the key thing about this it could include everybody and make everyone feel part of our club.

Yes I think it's achievable that over time, a five year plan for example that the club should aim for 5000 TAG members...

I think transversely an aim would be to get the folk who join TAG at 60 quid, a year later to look at a season ticket more seriously... He'll I'm going to pay 60 quid for TAG anyway, so all of a sudden to these people a season ticket is 60 quid cheaper than it would have been,

Tell me what sort of income an app that costs 4000 quid to set up could generate the club? Would people who sign up for an app a year later consider a season ticket?

There has got to be some transparency here, what are the costs for running TAG ? if its going to be a viable commercial entity. Though you've got to commend the Club for thinking out with the box , there should a be a sense of realism. I would rather maximise the Lottery , Advertising , Sponsorship etc rather than starting something that may or may not work . The last thing we want is to incur losses which might affect the team's budget .

The lottery? Is that it?

Advertising and sponsorship are making us more than they ever have according to the club... They are doing that.

Edited by potty trained

The lottery? Is that it?

Advertising and sponsorship are making us more than they ever have according to the club... They are doing that.

at least back up your argument, I work in the business community within the West End and no one has been contacted by the club re advertising and sponsorship opportunities , the Lottery has lost members that's also a fact due to the fact nobody was contactable regarding picking up subscriptions whether that was Eddie Prentice or whoever. Give me an idea how much of a money spinner TAG is going to be,think on a previous thread you were talking about IT consultants on £30k a year, rather than being sarcastic, lets be realistic, just now at Firhill we are working with 4/6 members of paid Staff !

at least back up your argument, I work in the business community within the West End and no one has been contacted by the club re advertising and sponsorship opportunities , the Lottery has lost members that's also a fact due to the fact nobody was contactable regarding picking up subscriptions whether that was Eddie Prentice or whoever. Give me an idea how much of a money spinner TAG is going to be,think on a previous thread you were talking about IT consultants on £30k a year, rather than being sarcastic, lets be realistic, just now at Firhill we are working with 4/6 members of paid Staff !

No business in the west end of Glasgow has been contacted about sponsorship? Are you sure about that?

What am I to back up, I'm not arguing, offering an opinion, trying to put a positive spin on someone's posts.

It's not my place to tell you how much of a money spinner it will be, it's not my place to sell it, I'm not involved in the running of it. If you have such direct questions and you actually do want to know, ask the club. If you ask them, let us know the reply.

I've already discussed that post when Lenzie queried it and I have no inclination to go through it again.

Can you answer my question about how much of a money spinner an app would be for the club? How many would the club aim to sign up? How much would it cost and what would you get?

If you don't want to be a part of it. Don't sign up.

Edited by potty trained

No business in the west end of Glasgow has been contacted about sponsorship? Are you sure about that?

What am I to back up, I'm not arguing, offering an opinion, trying to put a positive spin on someone's posts.

It's not my place to tell you how much of a money spinner it will be, it's not my place to sell it, I'm not involved in the running of it. If you have such direct questions and you actually do want to know, ask the club. If you ask them, let us know the reply.

I've already discussed that post when Lenzie queried it and I have no inclination to go through it again.

Can you answer my question about how much of a money spinner an app would be for the club? How many would the club aim to sign up? How much would it cost and what would you get?

If you don't want to be a part of it. Don't sign up.

Think most fans would download the free app, if they wanted too upgrade there would be a link for different features at a fee.The benefits would be everybody would involved, the notifications for matches, hospitality , quiz nights etc ,would come through as a matter of course, surely there would be a revenue stream there for a fraction of the cost it would be to set up TAG Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 1

Think most fans would download the free app, if they wanted too upgrade there would be a link for different features at a fee.The benefits would be everybody would involved, the notifications for matches, hospitality , quiz nights etc ,would come through as a matter of course, surely there would be a revenue stream there for a fraction of the cost it would be to set up TAG

Right now 400 non season ticket holders have signed up for the basic package. That's 24k waiting to be paid.

Add onto that season ticket holders who have upgraded.

The club are hoping that it will be set up through fan assistance with outlay in buying the software. After that they are confident it will be cheap and easy to Administer.

Edited by potty trained

• Members

I'd argue that everyone can access TAG. Not everyone has access to an app.

Anyway, I think we're all getting a little too far ahead of ourselves here. If it's taken in small steps, it can be gauged to see how likely a success it will be and we can see if it's viable with the staff we have.

• Like 2

Thinking along the lines of extra value for the membership, would an autographed team/player photo make sense?

Photos are relatively cheap, and they make nice mementos because you can frame and keep in your house.

You wouldn't ask a player to sign 500 photos at one sitting, mind. You could span it out over a few days or weeks.

I'd argue that everyone can access TAG. Not everyone has access to an app.

Anyway, I think we're all getting a little too far ahead of ourselves here. If it's taken in small steps, it can be gauged to see how likely a success it will be and we can see if it's viable with the staff we have.

Think there is more chance of kids having a mobile phone than having access to a computer all the time,re PT's claim that 400 non season ticket holders have signed up for TAG how many will resign after being let down last time ?

Jls army, trying to respond to one of your posts but the quote button doesn't always work on my phone.

The home crowd is not simply 1200 st holders and 3000 odd patg guys who go every week. The path guys will maybe be 1000 who go most weeks, a thousand that make maybe 50% of home games and the rest probably a hanful a season. There are probably in excess of 10-15 thousand who physically walk through the gates at least once each season. All this is guess work of course but just because we have stable gates of 4-5k does not mean we only have 4-5k max people that are interested.

• Like 1

Think there is more chance of kids having a mobile phone than having access to a computer all the time,re PT's claim that 400 non season ticket holders have signed up for TAG how many will resign after being let down last time ?

It's not "my claim" you big crazy ball of positivity, that was the figure provided by the club.

Just curious but have you considered that people who signed up on the back of us getting promoted might no longer want to join TAG?

I suppose there's little way of knowing the answer to that or just how many's attitude could've cooled. It's perhaps ironical that one of the by products of TAG could well be the inclusion aspect where members are less likely to be so fickle.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• Members

That's fine for kids, however, the Club has already carried out a survey on their fanbase and said that the vast majority of Jags fans are older adults. If you want something to succeed, you target the majority not the minority? Also, as I think I said previously, as a whole TAG has the ability to capture everyone, an app can only capture those with a capable device.

It would be a good addition to electronic media for the Club, I agree with you there, however, I don't think it's a viable alternative to TAG.

I'm not against the "Tag" concept or proposed subscription. But, it is still just that, concept and proposals marketed and sold without even the basic infrastucture in place. It has clearly been poorly thought out from the start. Cost and workload admitted to have been underestimated and, I would suggest real demand overestimated. Goodwill and confidence has certainly been damaged and understanding of what the scheme actually provides, and what non-members might be missing out on or even loosing is vague.

I am surprised that what appears to be from the club's website report another rallying call that there is now strong determination from the club to make it suceed and if we all support it, it'll work, has seemed to have convinced some folks that this project is worthwhile or even essential. It is remarkable, and to their credit that the board have finally turned the club around and have reportedly got it running on sustainable financial basis. However, is a club with a small budget well advised to attempt "unique" and "ground breaking" commercial projects, with little or no experience of the field and which have revealed unforseen costs prior proper implementation?

I beleive we have 1200 season ticket holders? 400 signed up to Tag alone? This site is free and has 2286 Members, how many "friends" does the club's facebook page have? How many subscribe to the centenary club? Is the trust not currently at 400ish membership. It's good to have ambitious targets but is it not fair to question the probability of "signing up" approximately an additional 3000 paying "members" to get them "more involved" in the club?

I think we do have an untapped latent support. And many more with a "soft spot" for the jags. I think turnouts at the morton game or the cup final prove this. I question though, whether these supporters or sympathisers, want to become "more involved" or "have thier say" in running the club. I seriously doubt their interest in subscribing to Tag in it's current format .That, I think, is where fear of alienating some supprters comes from. That those with an unnurtured interest will be turned off if developing or even registering that interest starts to become costly.

With that in mind, Tag should have some level of basic registration, without the benefits of Tag Core or Plus, free of charge. Perhaps it would just mean being put on an e-mailing list or acces to an on-line forum similar to this, but would serve as a statistics gathering and maketing tool for the club and help make them feel a little more "connected".

I repeat, i've the utmost respect and gratitude to all who contribute to keeping the club going. They ought to be highly commended for getting the business to break even and it is not my intention to discourage them from their efforts. I dearly hope that Tag in whatever shape or form it takes is a success and helps keep the Jags going from strenght to strength. And, again, I don't think £5/6 a month for core or £12 for plus is unreasonable.

• Like 1

That's fine for kids, however, the Club has already carried out a survey on their fanbase and said that the vast majority of Jags fans are older adults. If you want something to succeed, you target the majority not the minority? Also, as I think I said previously, as a whole TAG has the ability to capture everyone, an app can only capture those with a capable device.

It would be a good addition to electronic media for the Club, I agree with you there, however, I don't think it's a viable alternative to TAG.

But, one of the main stated objectives of the TAG scheme is to grow the support.

I'm not against the "Tag" concept or proposed subscription. But, it is still just that, concept and proposals marketed and sold without even the basic infrastucture in place. It has clearly been poorly thought out from the start. Cost and workload admitted to have been underestimated and, I would suggest real demand overestimated. Goodwill and confidence has certainly been damaged and understanding of what the scheme actually provides, and what non-members might be missing out on or even loosing is vague.

I am surprised that what appears to be from the club's website report another rallying call that there is now strong determination from the club to make it suceed and if we all support it, it'll work, has seemed to have convinced some folks that this project is worthwhile or even essential. It is remarkable, and to their credit that the board have finally turned the club around and have reportedly got it running on sustainable financial basis. However, is a club with a small budget well advised to attempt "unique" and "ground breaking" commercial projects, with little or no experience of the field and which have revealed unforseen costs prior proper implementation?

I beleive we have 1200 season ticket holders? 400 signed up to Tag alone? This site is free and has 2286 Members, how many "friends" does the club's facebook page have? How many subscribe to the centenary club? Is the trust not currently at 400ish membership. It's good to have ambitious targets but is it not fair to question the probability of "signing up" approximately an additional 3000 paying "members" to get them "more involved" in the club?

I think we do have an untapped latent support. And many more with a "soft spot" for the jags. I think turnouts at the morton game or the cup final prove this. I question though, whether these supporters or sympathisers, want to become "more involved" or "have thier say" in running the club. I seriously doubt their interest in subscribing to Tag in it's current format .That, I think, is where fear of alienating some supprters comes from. That those with an unnurtured interest will be turned off if developing or even registering that interest starts to become costly.

With that in mind, Tag should have some level of basic registration, without the benefits of Tag Core or Plus, free of charge. Perhaps it would just mean being put on an e-mailing list or acces to an on-line forum similar to this, but would serve as a statistics gathering and maketing tool for the club and help make them feel a little more "connected".

I repeat, i've the utmost respect and gratitude to all who contribute to keeping the club going. They ought to be highly commended for getting the business to break even and it is not my intention to discourage them from their efforts. I dearly hope that Tag in whatever shape or form it takes is a success and helps keep the Jags going from strenght to strength. And, again, I don't think £5/6 a month for core or £12 for plus is unreasonable.

5,320 and 7,365 twitter followers.

• Like 1

Why should the club be varying gate prices?? The JHS and the North stand are options for all over 16s so for £20 you take your pick, no one forces fans to go the the North stand, people choose to go there. We have free U-16s, great concessions and one of the cheapest season tickets (& gate prices) in the league, there is only so much the club can discount without turning into a charity or a bankrupt club

£5 a month is very reasonable, its cheaper than buying a daily newspaper filled with the OF, or just the Sunday papers also filled with the OF

Everyone has different budget and different priorities to spend their free cash, it has to be set at a reasonable level that is achievable to most (16p a day) whilst looking to break even and offer more to those that want it and are willing to pay for it.

Why should the club be varying gate prices?Because everyone has different budget and different priorities to spend their free cash.

I understand that dicsounts can only be taken so far before they become financially unviable. However, I am trying to make the case that some of the current discounts should be reviewed and possibly diverted to other types of paying customers.

Personally i think that £50 - 75 for under 20s seaon tickets is ridiculously low and could conceiveably be raised significantly without detriment to sales and still be marketed as very good value. 50quid for a season is about 3 quid a game? At £5 it would work out about £90. Still an attractive figure and one that could be reduced to £50 at christmas, for example, to attract a second round of sales? Is there a half season ticket for under 20s now?