When Legends Go Bad

Jaggernaut

Billko's comments about McCoist remaining a legend at Ibrox got me thinking about Thistle legends who for one reason or another sullied their reputation among the fans.

The only real legend in this category that I can think of might be Jimmy Bone, not because of the team's performances when he was with Campbell and then afterwards, but because of his failure to allow Kenny Arthur a final stint before he left. Only JB really knows why he did that. Actually for me it was a minor blemish, and he remains a legend as a player.

Other legends who've gone "bad"? Can't really think of legends, but Gerry Collins gave us good service then went distinctly off-colour before and after he was relieved of his duties.

Paul Paton seems to have annoyed a fair few folk, though not me. Always liked him as a player with us. In any case, far from being a legend.

Maybe there could be a thread about people who were hated at Firhill who then went on to become Thistle legends…...

Edited by Jaggernaut

Jimmy Bone, for me, is an absolute disgrace of a man.

Last game of the season, nothing at stake for either team on the park. Yet he refuses to even bring KA on as a sub. Horrible way to treat a guy who gave 10 years of his life to the club.

Can't forgive him for that.

Badger. Bobby Houston's first apperance against us for Killie when he ran onto the park as a late sub , punched someone and was immediatley sent off didn't do much for his reputation.

Still is one of my all time favs though, what a winger.

Another case of a "minor indiscretion". Badger is a legendary Goodie.

Badger. Bobby Houston's first apperance against us for Killie when he ran onto the park as a late sub , punched someone and was immediatley sent off didn't do much for his reputation.

Still is one of my all time favs though, what a winger.

one of the funniest things ever. I was standing only a few yards from the offence, It was bizarre as Badger was a bit of a hero at Firhill, but we all laughed anyway

A good while ago we nearly managed to put a whole team together of Jailed Jags. Mssrs Dinnie, Craig and Strachan immediately come to mind. Can we add Rushford? And most recently Alan Lawrence has joined the select few.

There's a good few more but can't remember.

A whole team got out of jail at Peterhead

• Like 1

Don McVicar did it in reverse. Remember Jags fans setting the police on him when he was St Johnstone captan. Then he ended up a hero. Always remember after a contested Geordie shaw goal at Kilmarnock, their fans were going wild. Then we won a throw in and Don McVicar virtually went into their terracing to start his run up for a long throw. Tough guy!

Edited by allyo