Post Split Fixtures

yoda-jag

Well, that's the thing; it does look good from our point of view, but if the last game of the season is a play-off decider between us, it's pretty crappy for County fans, isn't it?

Do the County fans like a long lie in at the weekends?

Poor wee souls will just need to get an early night if they want to see the game :D

BBC as competent as ever on their website.

"The top flight's post-split fixtures have been announced, with St Mirren hosting Partick Thistle in a crucial bottom-six match on 25 April", although at least they have the game the right way round on the actual list of fixtures.

Happy with the fixtures.

Delighted with the fixtures. Already looking forward to another Friday night game at Firhill.

I am wetting myself already. Tension is unbearable. Must win Saturday to ensure we don't start 11th Killie away is a bad start...........potentially......... but 2 others are certain to start badly too Discipline will be key, suspensions costly

We are fairly fortunate on the disciplinary front.

Only Taylor-Sinclair and O'Donnell are 2 yellows away from a suspension so as long as neither pick up 2 yellows in the next 3 games they would not be suspended this season barring a red card at any point.

Buaben, Doolan, McMillan, Mair and Gabby are 3 yellows away so would need booked in all 3 of the next games to pick up a suspension. So basically we just need to avoid red cards.

shit. stay away mate! ;)

To be fair, I caught the last ten minutes of the win in Inverness in a pub in Southampton and the delayed transmission of the recent game vs Hibs after spending all afternoon avoiding the tv and social media.

The only games I have been to in person were Gateshead, Celtic in October, Inverness on 26 Dec, Motherwell 29 Dec and Celtic on New Year. Think it's the fewest games I've been to in a season since the last time we were in the SPL, when both seasons I had Saturday jobs. I've had season tickets in the second division, headed up the road for dreadful thistle sides losing against Clyde, Morton, Ross County, Dundee and many others - but have only made a handful of thistle matches in the Premier League in the three seasons we've been there since I have been going to Firhill.

Well, that's the thing; it does look good from our point of view, but if the last game of the season is a play-off decider between us, it's pretty crappy for County fans, isn't it? Screw everyone else, eh? What if Hearts midweek is the decider for us? Does no-one have to work the next day? I don't, so hey, what do I care?

Sorry, sometimes I forget the "f**k you, everyone else" mentality that Thistle fans have.

What has the Hearts game got to do with working the next day?? It's only Edinburgh - I've been to plenty of midweek games in Edinburgh (going back to Meadowbank days) without the need to take the following day off.
  • Like 1

If this was the overall sequence of wins and draws by the end of the remaining games would you take it ?

W D L

Hibernian 1 3 2

Kilmarnock 3 2 1

Ross County 2 2 2

Partick Thistle 2 3 1

St Mirren 3 3 0

Hearts 0 3 3

if yes , then on the last day scenario's :

PTFC HAVE TO to beat Ross County on the last day and then the playoff place would be on GD between RC and PTFC assuming HIBS and STM win final day.

A PTFC draw and Hibs and STM lose final day - then its a 3 way tie and playoff place is GD decided.

A PTFC draw and Hibs and STM draw final day -then PTFC playoff bound

Lose and PTFC are playoff bound

Assuming PTFC final day win:

Hibs lose and they are playoff bound , Draw and STM lose , then STM playoff place.

STM lose - Playoff , if STM draw and Hibs draw its down to GD between them .

2nd last week totals:

Hibernian 37 37 L

Kilmarnock 37 44 W

Ross County 37 39 W

Partick Thistle 37 36 D

St Mirren 37 37 D

Hearts 37 13 L

its taken decades as a jags supporter to be trained into thinking about this nonsense at this point in the season

Well. if we win only 1 of our next 5 games (making it 1 in 8) then we DESERVE to be in the play offs. I personally believe, as posted earlier, that we can win our next 3 games and wrap this up fairly early.

am looking at 2 wins , 3 draws and only one loss from the following :

Partick Thistle v Hearts Sat 5 Apr

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle Sat 19 Apr

Partick Thistle v St Mirren Fri 25 Apr

Hibernian v Partick Thistle Sat 3 May

Hearts v Partick Thistle Wed 7 May

Partick Thistle v Ross County Sat 10 May

based on form

STM beat us at firhill and we drew 0=0 last time

RC drew at firhill last time.

hibs easter rd 1-1 last time, beat us at firhill

killie - draw firhill and beat us at rugby park

hearts are the team we seem to get a result against.+

BUT I HOPE TO JEEZUZ YOUR RIGHT - and if you are, you can have a fish supper on me from the high street chippie.

Beat Hearts on Saturday, draw with Kilmarnock, beat St. Mirren and get 3 points from the Edinburgh trips. We won't NEED anything on the final day...

The pessimist in me says we'll draw with Hearts, lose to Killie, draw with St. Mirren and lose to Hibs, needing to win the final two matches,

It's impossible to call.

If this was the overall sequence of wins and draws by the end of the remaining games would you take it ?

W D L

Hibernian 1 3 2

Kilmarnock 3 2 1

Ross County 2 2 2

Partick Thistle 2 3 1

St Mirren 3 3 0

Hearts 0 3 3

if yes , then on the last day scenario's :

PTFC HAVE TO to beat Ross County on the last day and then the playoff place would be on GD between RC and PTFC assuming HIBS and STM win final day.

A PTFC draw and Hibs and STM lose final day - then its a 3 way tie and playoff place is GD decided.

A PTFC draw and Hibs and STM draw final day -then PTFC playoff bound

Lose and PTFC are playoff bound

Assuming PTFC final day win:

Hibs lose and they are playoff bound , Draw and STM lose , then STM playoff place.

STM lose - Playoff , if STM draw and Hibs draw its down to GD between them .

2nd last week totals:

Hibernian 37 37 L

Kilmarnock 37 44 W

Ross County 37 39 W

Partick Thistle 37 36 D

St Mirren 37 37 D

Hearts 37 13 L

its taken decades as a jags supporter to be trained into thinking about this nonsense at this point in the season

You really need to get a hobby!

I'm fairly relaxed and looking forward to the post-split games. It's going to be some great entertainment, and every team should be up for the fight.

Worst case scenario is we end up in a playoff. I think we've got more than enough to win that.

I'm fairly relaxed and looking forward to the post-split games. It's going to be some great entertainment, and every team should be up for the fight.

Worst case scenario is we end up in a playoff. I think we've got more than enough to win that.

A play -off would be unbearable and anything can happen- it would be 50-50. Look at our miracle promotion from 3rd tier. But I also agree we should be good enough to avoid it.