Erskine The Heresy Thread

javeajag

Chris is and never will be a 90 minute player. He tries his heart out & sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. DU supporters.didnt get him but that's what he is. Chris can be shite for 89 mins then win a game. That's what he is, typical Thistle!!!

Think its partly confidence, partly fitness, that's his problem just now. Got himself into good positions tonight, but he appeared to lack confidence to drive at the defence as he did last season.

Thought he was fine on saturday, and would keep him for next season.

Go back over the thread.

The 'insufferable pish' was introduced by Norge, GRE, and peagreenboy in the form of personal abuse.

In response to what is generally a very good point for discussion.

Look back over the thread and you will find there was no personal abuse, but on the other hand you can clearly see Javeajag and him being personally abusive toasted me?

Sorry but to me erskine was a massive reason in our upturn in form from January onwards and gave a huge boost to fans and players as well as Lyle taylor

To me higgy has excelled since erskine came in and remember prior to January higgy had scored 2 goals so not totally flying every game he has been with the club.

As for the comments what has erskine done since he came back - well I'm sure he has a goal or two for starters as well as creating a few. Even last Saturday it was the foul on him that led to the equaliser

As for the comment on these types of players will never have consistent performances - I don't agree. Look at Higgy as a prime example. If their good, they will have good games almost all the time. Where as Erskine has one good game in every five or so.

My reasoning is these type of players try things others don't and when it doesn't come off it looks poor

Erskine might just be going through a bad patch just now and lacking in confidence a bit but i still think he is a player who can have a positive influence and do that something special in a game which makes the difference

Higgy although playing very well and full of confidence just now will no doubt experience a poor run of form like any other player goes through.

Go back over the thread.

The 'insufferable pish' was introduced by Norge, GRE, and peagreenboy in the form of personal abuse.

My Quote "Every player has a bad game from time to time, usual troll from you Java " due to the fact everytime we don't win a certain few come on either pick a scapegoat or want the manager fired

The way Erskine has performed since his return has in general been poor. Aside from 5 mins here or there. Wouldn't be fussed if we don't have him next season. These special moments people talk about are not worth having versus somebody who could contribute all game.

As for the comment on these types of players will never have consistent performances - I don't agree. Look at Higgy as a prime example. If their good, they will have good games almost all the time. Where as Erskine has one good game in every five or so.

sorry but there were quite a number of games before January where higgy and the whole team played poorly. There were fans getting frustrated with him. Apart from the hearts game he has been outstanding since January no doubt about it. But prior to January he did have a few shockers.

Both the bridge and higgy are big players for us though and I will be delighted if both are here playing for us next season

I think the issue here is that the Erskine that we saw in the First was predicated on defences backing off and him getting more space. Having watched the DVD ( available for only ten pounds!) he's never going to get that kind of freedom in the top league - they're a bit more wise to his movement and tricks that bamboozled the first division. Defensively he's improved immeasurably - anyone remember him putting Ina tackle last year ? But if he's going to be the squiddy we love he is going to have to up hi game a bit AND play at the same tempo as the rest of team. He can do the step up from juniors, he can do this. Let's give him the support he needs to become a big player for us next season when he comes home for good.

Personally I think the constant abuse from united "fans" has killed his confidence for a long time. On Saturday he couldn't trap a bag of sand , tonight he was better but not much and was rightly subbed ( albeit for the wrong player!) If we want him for next year we need him straight away in June/ early july to show him he's valued, not a week before the season starts after jackie frees him.

In my opinion he won us the league last year, we are his level ( not a top six team)and I hope he realises that and asks to be released. Doubtful given I'm sure his wages are much better with the DABs.

My Quote "Every player has a bad game from time to time, usual troll from you Java " due to the fact everytime we don't win a certain few come on either pick a scapegoat or want the manager fired

Your quote really doesn't need defended.

Edited by allyo

Go back over the thread.

let's do that.

personal abuse?

i'd say norge and gre's comments (posts 3 and 4 respectively) were no more than observation - stating their opinion of javeajag as a 'troll' (and generally accepted as a accurate description by majority on here, of the poster javeajag, based on when he posts and the content of his postings).

the use of the word 'twat' i would guess is viewed by the majority of posters as personal abuse (post 7). and who used that word? yup, our old friend javeajag.

if you (barney) consider posts stating the opinion that 'troll' is personal abuse, then surely you would agree that to call javeajags original post (other than his first point) as complete 'junk' is on a par, and akin to personal abuse also (based on your scale or interpretation of the word 'troll'). and who called his post 'junk' ? yup, you barney (post 2).

so in conclusion the personal abuse either started with javeajag (post 7), or in fact you barney (post 2).

on your final sentence, yes, good point for discussion, but i'd say posts from likes of jaggy (27) le bgm (28), tl (31 & 37), billko (35), pt-dog (38) and the earl (39), are reasoned and correct assessments of the bridge ..... and even your post describing javeajags post as 'junk' is correct.

my own personal opinion of javeajags statement that erskine was invisible, we'd have been better with ten men and he can't cut it, is that javeajag appears to not have a clue about football in the modern age, and what the bridge contributes. without a detailed assessment and longwinded post, i'd make the following points: erskine puts in a power of work tracking back nowadays, a new feature to his game; because of the talent and creativity he possesses he is subject to increased attention (being doubled up on); add in fact that as tl observes, higgy has blossomed and really come onto his game and been the standout this year, is due in no small part to the arrival (return) of chris ..... having two such creative players in a team means it's likely one will get greater joy as the other is demanding increased attention so spaces do appear for the other; and finally if chris does a take that (come back for good) then with a full preseason with us and renewed confidence and backing (from club and support) he can have as good a season next season with us as higgy has come onto this season.

• Like 2

No longer a gambling person but if I was to cast my mind back to a time when I had my least canny state of mind I'd mull over the following...

THE WHO STARTED WHAT THREAD.

Video of the Jags goal... maybe worth a flutter....Could be others, but I'd go with Camallian :unsure:

Youth Team Reports.... could be tempted to stick a bob or two on here.......I reckon billko :unsure:

Match Photos now up on on Official Site....if the odds are right I guess I'd go for it..... Almost sure that would be Tommy Taylor :unsure:

Negative thread started only minutes after a Jags game....**** the odds I'd stick my house, my car, my full collection of Miles Davis albums and a good few other treasured possessions all on this yin....I'm 100% certain that will be javeajag, :thumbsup2:

• Like 3

Go back over the thread.

I hadn't been particularly inclined to "go back over the thread", but like a numpty I did.

Wish I hadn't bothered. Haven't got a clue what you're on about. Utter mince.

let's do that.

personal abuse?

i'd say norge and gre's comments (posts 3 and 4 respectively) were no more than observation - stating their opinion of javeajag as a 'troll' (and generally accepted as a accurate description by majority on here, of the poster javeajag, based on when he posts and the content of his postings).

the use of the word 'twat' i would guess is viewed by the majority of posters as personal abuse (post 7). and who used that word? yup, our old friend javeajag.

if you (barney) consider posts stating the opinion that 'troll' is personal abuse, then surely you would agree that to call javeajags original post (other than his first point) as complete 'junk' is on a par, and akin to personal abuse also (based on your scale or interpretation of the word 'troll'). and who called his post 'junk' ? yup, you barney (post 2).

so in conclusion the personal abuse either started with javeajag (post 7), or in fact you barney (post 2).

on your final sentence, yes, good point for discussion, but i'd say posts from likes of jaggy (27) le bgm (28), tl (31 & 37), billko (35), pt-dog (38) and the earl (39), are reasoned and correct assessments of the bridge ..... and even your post describing javeajags post as 'junk' is correct.

my own personal opinion of javeajags statement that erskine was invisible, we'd have been better with ten men and he can't cut it, is that javeajag appears to not have a clue about football in the modern age, and what the bridge contributes. without a detailed assessment and longwinded post, i'd make the following points: erskine puts in a power of work tracking back nowadays, a new feature to his game; because of the talent and creativity he possesses he is subject to increased attention (being doubled up on); add in fact that as tl observes, higgy has blossomed and really come onto his game and been the standout this year, is due in no small part to the arrival (return) of chris ..... having two such creative players in a team means it's likely one will get greater joy as the other is demanding increased attention so spaces do appear for the other; and finally if chris does a take that (come back for good) then with a full preseason with us and renewed confidence and backing (from club and support) he can have as good a season next season with us as higgy has come onto this season.

:lol: :lol: :clapping:

Great post, Yoda!

Thanks for the detailed analysis!!

:nomads::thumbsup2:

• Like 1

For the record I was one of Erskines biggest fans last season and having watched the DVD yesterday it brought back all the memories of how good he was at that level and like most I was disappointed he wasn't staying .... McNamara knew him and clearly liked him but for whatever reason he struggled possibly the step up in terms of time and space....But like all players the jump to the spfl was a bit of an unknown some have made it Sinclair, brannigan and some haven't Forbes, Elliott and some like Conrad have come through a difficult time to do well

Erskine is above all a flair player and I get the variability of performance you can expect but I don't think you can justify his performance on the basis if his tracking back and tackling others are better suited to that.....i think we can probably afford higgy or erskine and on last night higgy is in form and I think better at this level but I don't think our midfield can afford both of them particularly in games like last night where sadly it's not about good football

I don't think this is negative it's analysis about how we could improve