Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

You probably mean Doug Baillie the former OldGers and Falkirk player - Lex Baillie was his son who played for the East End ugly sister..

Indeed Mr Rubble, it was Doug I was talking about.....horrific sportswriter, bit similar to Johnstone on the radio...scared to criticise Rangers then/Sevco now!

Stephen Crainey released by Wigan, is he in our price range, or even worth signing?

https://twitter.com/...136780417433600

I assumed Crainey had been released a while back as it was obvious he couldn't have had a future at Wigan. Ticks a few boxes but I feel we'd be looking for a younger left back. If we're not signing an experienced centreback then an old head at left back would be worth considering.

Probably above our wage structure anyway or he'd be looking for too lengthy a contract.

I assumed Crainey had been released a while back as it was obvious he couldn't have had a future at Wigan. Ticks a few boxes but I feel we'd be looking for a younger left back. If we're not signing an experienced centreback then an old head at left back would be worth considering.

Probably above our wage structure anyway or he'd be looking for too lengthy a contract.

Hibs were mentioned in a Twitter reply, and since they somehow managed to sell McGivern I suppose that might be where he'll end up

Not one of the doom and gloom club.. but im a bit a touch worried we haven't been a bit more active in the market so far.. I was hanging on for start of July.. going on the training camp though with only 1 new face confirmed when we have serious spots in the team that need to be filled..

Please give me reassurance that all will be well :)

Not one of the doom and gloom club.. but im a bit a touch worried we haven't been a bit more active in the market so far.. I was hanging on for start of July.. going on the training camp though with only 1 new face confirmed when we have serious spots in the team that need to be filled..

Please give me reassurance that all will be well :)

All will be well.

Probably.

• Like 1

• Members

Falkirk supporting workmate says that Barr, although not too tall, times his jumps well and has a good leap thus making him quite good in the air. Played well at Falkirk in central defence but he reckoned that when he went to Hearts, they played him more as a defensive midfielder. Not sure where Killie were playing him when he was there.

Falkirk supporting workmate says that Barr, although not too tall, times his jumps well and has a good leap thus making him quite good in the air. Played well at Falkirk in central defence but he reckoned that when he went to Hearts, they played him more as a defensive midfielder. Not sure where Killie were playing him when he was there.

he only played 12 times for Kilmarnock looked it up .. Injury's possibly

Out of interest does any 1 know why Barr got released by Kilmarnock ? Wouldn't think they woulda let him go anything I've heard of Homs been good

He signed a one-year deal last summer. Missed most of the season due to injury. He hasn't played a first team game since November last year.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454138/Kilmarnock-defender-Darren-Barr-faces-a-length-lay-off

Edited by Dark Passenger

He signed a one-year deal last summer. Missed most of the season due to injury. He hasn't played a first team game since November last year.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454138/Kilmarnock-defender-Darren-Barr-faces-a-length-lay-off

well in a way am glad it's that rather than he wasn't good enough if that makes any sense got a feeling he'll be with us next season

I thought he played at right back against us at Firhill but I'm wrong more than I'm right these days.

He played centre back at Falkirk when they appointed a new manager, [Falkirk youth coach -Hibs legend cant remember his name] he thought Barr would make a great right back a move that backfired as he was very poor in that position.The manager was sacked after a short period in office.

Eddie May