Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

I would of wanted McPake but after his display for Dundee, lunging all over the place, I am happy we don't. Clearly one of those who have slowly lost their touch through injury. There's no way he will last a season either which we really can't afford with such a tiny team.

Funnily enough I'm not so bothered about who we sign as I am about Welsh coming back. I really think he's our best player (except Higgy) and a midfield of Welsh Fraser and Osman with Bannigan left back would be extremely strong.

I thought Bannigan wouldn't want to play left back but when you think about it teams are always wanting attacking full backs. This summer has shown quite a few wing backs get big transfers. He would have a better chance of a move in that position and teams find it easier to bed players in at LB. I always thought he was better than ATS when he played there.

Do it for the team Banzo!

I get what you're saying and he's obviously the best LB at the club at the moment. In my opinion though, he's by far our best CM aswell. He dominated games almost single handedly last season and I don't think we can afford to lose that this season. I doubt wether a midfield trio of osman, welsh and Fraser would be able to drive us forward in the same way stuart does when we need it. Hopefully it won't come to that and we'll sign a quality LB before the end of the window.

By the way, when/if welsh does return. How strong will our CMs be? Banzo, osman, welsh and Fraser fighting for 3 places. Exciting.

Those talking about McPake being injury prone are remembering that Seaborne had a serious injury in 2011 & since that time he's on to his 5th club...

It's all about opinions.

I seem to remember this forum when Balatoni first arrived on loan & pretty sure that not all comments positive.

Now... Very rarely do we hear anything negative.

I'll reserve judgement on the lad as I haven't seen him play but remember McPake played one competitive in a year & has played at a higher level including internationally.

Not saying that McPake a better player than Seaborne but on paper it would suggest he is.

I hope Seaborne is successful with us & will be very interested to see who makes way for him.

Those talking about McPake being injury prone are remembering that Seaborne had a serious injury in 2011 & since that time he's on to his 5th club...

It's all about opinions.

I seem to remember this forum when Balatoni first arrived on loan & pretty sure that not all comments positive.

Now... Very rarely do we hear anything negative.

I'll reserve judgement on the lad as I haven't seen him play but remember McPake played one competitive in a year & has played at a higher level including internationally.

Not saying that McPake a better player than Seaborne but on paper it would suggest he is.

I hope Seaborne is successful with us & will be very interested to see who makes way for him.

Seaborne's injury was the result of getting the shit kicked out of him in a nightclub, and nothing to do with being injury prone.

Both mcpake and seaborne have played in the championship in England, so at the exact same level.

McPake is Northern Irish, so it's clearly far easier for him to gain international recognition than seaborne so that argument is clearly nonsense. Even with that, it was one match in a friendly.

So, explain again how mcpake is better on paper than seaborne?

• Like 1

...but remember McPake...has played at a higher level including internationally.

Both have played Championship football. Is it any wonder that Seaborne hasn't played for England? McPake was never going to be in contention for a Scotland cap, hence his 'defection' to Northern Ireland for whom he made, I believe, a solitary appearance.

Both have played Championship football. Is it any wonder that Seaborne hasn't played for England? McPake was never going to be in contention for a Scotland cap, hence his 'defection' to Northern Ireland for whom he made, I believe, a solitary appearance.

Like I said, I hope the guy is a success but as was said before if Dundee, Ross Co, Killie, St Mirren signed him we'd have been saying 'who?' & not good enough for us like has been said for McPake.

When I said played at a higher level. McPake played more SPL games, more euro games, more championship games, more internationals.

I'm not saying he's a better player because I haven't seen any of Seaborne & little of McPake.

Merely making an observation.

• Like 1

An observation I countered with a few of my own.

I'm pretty sure if any of our rivals had signed Seaborne then the response wouldn't have been "who?", but "a left-sided centre back who can cover at left back, we need that!". It's only a "who?" from those who are determined to criticise our transfer dealings no matter what.

Higher level? If we're equating League One to the SPL - as has been the case for most of the summer - then Seaborne has played at that level, or above, for most of his career. Euro games? Are we really basing McPake's ability on Hibs' worst ever European result? One international? Ignoring the fact McPake is older?

Rather than bringing balance to the forum, I think you're offering an increasingly twisted take on our present situation.

• Like 1

An observation I countered with a few of my own.

I'm pretty sure if any of our rivals had signed Seaborne then the response wouldn't have been "who?", but "a left-sided centre back who can cover at left back, we need that!". It's only a "who?" from those who are determined to criticise our transfer dealings no matter what.

Rather than bringing balance to the forum, I think you're offering an increasingly twisted take on our present situation.

Where did I criticise?

& from other fans forums I'd be surprised if he'd played at left back.

& it's a 'who' the same way as others have criticised other teams signings without ever seeing them on more than a few occasions if at all.

Don't think I said I was trying to bring balance. I said it was an observation.

I also said I hope the boy is a success for us.

Please don't insinuate anything else when you clearly are trying to stir it.

Dont know why we don't try some of our young talent this season, blood them in while the chance is there with a few also rans in the league this year, young Ryan Gauld was a sensation for Utd, and Gary Fraser last season played some nice stuff for us, our U 20's team is brimming with some good prospects.

Dont know why we don't try some of our young talent this season, blood them in while the chance is there with a few also rans in the league this year, young Ryan Gauld was a sensation for Utd, and Gary Fraser last season played some nice stuff for us, our U 20's team is brimming with some good prospects.

It's beginning to look like Dale Keenan may be given the opportunity to make the left-back position his own, with Seaborne and McMillan able to provide cover. If this turns out to be the case, fair play to Archie for taking a risk on youth. It also looks like McDaid will get increased game time. Reasons to be cheerful.

It's beginning to look like Dale Keenan may be given the opportunity to make the left-back position his own, with Seaborne and McMillan able to provide cover. If this turns out to be the case, fair play to Archie for taking a risk on youth. It also looks like McDaid will get increased game time. Reasons to be cheerful.

Id be surprised if we don't see a fair amount of Chris duggan as well this season. Possibly david Wilson too, although we seem to have plenty of central midfielders

St Mirren are close to getting a Man City winger on loan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/28755601

That might mean they are not in for Gonclaves and there is a rumour suggesting we might be getting Gonclaves.

Rumours. We can hope though.

I think that Gonclaves is on loan to a Greek side until January. I don't think he is currently available.