Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

McFadden was on Sky Sports News being interviewed live in Hamilton yesterday,but no idea what he was saying

If I heard the interview correctly Charlie Nicholas asked James what were his views on the current situation in the Middle East. To which McFadden retorted "How the **** should I know, I'm in Hamilton you ****ing numpty, not Bathgate".

• Like 1

Ben Richards-Everton is 22 and played in the Conference North for Tamworth. He was on trial at Southend United (League Two) this summer but Phil Brown did not offer him a deal. Our former trialists Matt Parsons and Carl Magnay played at higher levels last season.

Edited by kni

Ben Richards-Everton is 22 and played in the Conference North for Tamworth. He was on trial at Southend United (League Two) this summer but Phil Brown did not offer him a deal. Our former trialists Matt Parsons and Carl Magnay played at higher levels last season.

Did you see the recent televised Grimsby match Magnay featured in? Utter sh*te. Reinforced my trust in Archie's judgement.

What postion does he play?

Centre-back

Did you see the recent televised Grimsby match Magnay featured in? Utter sh*te. Reinforced my trust in Archie's judgement.

Carl Magnay wasn't good enough for us but he's been playing at a level above Ben Richards-Everton.

Edited by kni

Encouraging that Birmingham were looking at him, assuming we are interested. However, would the compensation affect us? We got nothing for Sincy since he was crossing the border, would have thought it was vice versa.

Richards-Gordon is 22 and, if he was offered a new deal on the same or better terms, Tamworth should be eligible for compensation. ATS was able to move without compensation because he signed for Wigan after the end of the season of this 23rd birthday.

ATS was able to move without compensation because he signed for Wigan after the end of the season of this 23rd birthday.

Ah, thanks for confirming that. I thought it was the cross-border thing rather than the timing of his deal.

Ah, thanks for confirming that. I thought it was the cross-border thing rather than the timing of his deal.

IIRC the cross-border rules are slightly different. Compensation would have been payable if ATS had moved to a Scottish club because it is payable in the season of his 24th birthday.

Well we had striker Steve Lovell formerly of Aberdeen, Jim Hamilton of st mirren and Dundee united. While alternatively we signed kris Doolan from auchinleck talbot and chris erskine from kilbirnie ladeside. The 2 from spl teams were a pair of wasters while the 2 from the juniors played a massive part in moving our club up the division and keeping us in the spl

Well we had striker Steve Lovell formerly of Aberdeen, Jim Hamilton of st mirren and Dundee united. While alternatively we signed kris Doolan from auchinleck talbot and chris erskine from kilbirnie ladeside. The 2 from spl teams were a pair of wasters while the 2 from the juniors played a massive part in moving our club up the division and keeping us in the spl

Not a fair comparison. Steve Lovell and Jim Hamilton were well past their best when they played for us. Lovell had an record of repeated injury problems. I was very under-whelmed when Hamilton signed for us.

Bobbie Dinnie scouted Erskine and Doolan. Have we replaced him with an experienced scout who has a proven track record in finding lower league talent?