Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

It could have been worse someone might have mentioned Christian Nade.

But he is slimline now! New, lightweight version of Nade!

Anyway, we have sadly missed that chance, Raith snapped him up. :P

Edited by mhs

True. I am going to the Azores in September and missing a couple of games for that but I'm going to Lake Garda next week too.

Don't want to make you jealous or anything but it's Castle Douglas camping for me but i'm sure Lake Garda and the Azores will be just as nice. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Don't want to make you jealous or anything but it's Castle Douglas camping for me but i'm sure Lake Garda and the Azores will be just as nice. :thumbsup:

Castle Douglas! I was there last week for the weekend, it was pretty good although the shop in King Street with the photos of QOS winning the Ramsden Cup was a bit much.

Bourgeoise bustard. Where's the Petrograd Soviet when you need it?

Funny enough I was in St. Petersburg last year on a Baltic Cruise or is that Bourgeoise too?

Goodwillie formally released by Blackburn. Would imagine that means he has a new club lined up. I know we were linked with him a while back - wouldn't mind the signing as long as not on much money and as long as he came with an attitude of knuckling down and getting his career back on track.

Totally agree. But I think we have more chance of signing Suarez than both those things happening though!

Also, the guy has had so many incidents and not really settled since his big move from Dundee United.

killie in talks to sign badwillie.

too much baggage, too many off field issues, plus don't believe he'd fit into our squad ethos or spirit.

furthermore, if we were to even consider approaching him, it would indicate a willingness to pay well in excess of what players like lyle taylor would command..... i'd much rather see us getting lyle back permanently, we can do much better with our budget than waste it on players who don't hear a lady saying no.

• Like 1

killie in talks to sign badwillie.

too much baggage, too many off field issues, plus don't believe he'd fit into our squad ethos or spirit.

furthermore, if we were to even consider approaching him, it would indicate a willingness to pay well in excess of what players like lyle taylor would command..... i'd much rather see us getting lyle back permanently, we can do much better with our budget than waste it on players who don't hear a lady saying no.

I think the stumbling block with Taylor is a fee that Sheffield United might want. Regards Goodwillie, I agree that he may not fit in at Thistle.

Your last line on him was a bit harsh! Wasn't he cleared of all allegations?

Lyle Taylor could be poised to leave Bramall Lane after a second Scottish club expressed an interest in the Sheffield United centre-forward, writes James Shield.

The Star understands that Falkirk, where Taylor scored 29 goals in 42 appearances before moving to Bramall Lane, are ready to compete with Partick Thistle for the right to acquire his services.

Nigel Clough recently acknowledged the 24-year-old, who joined Alan Archibald’s side on loan midway through last season, faces an uncertain future in South Yorkshire as United continue their makeover of the first team squad he inherited from predecessor David Weir.

Chris O’Grady is known to feature on the short-list of potential targets compiled by the former England international and his coaching staff following Clough’s appointment eight months ago.

Despite reports to the contrary, exploratory talks between United and Barnsley are already taken place with O’Grady’s present employers believed to have been presented with a proposed framework which could form the basis of future discussions.

Taylor hit the target seven times after arriving at Firhill in January, a record which prompted Archibald to admit he would explore the possibility of signing the striker on a permanent basis this summer.

But Falkirk, who last week unveiled Peter Houston as their new manager, are also thought to be keen on luring the United marksman back to Stirlingshire according to sources north of the border.

Taylor represented Millwall, AFC Bournemouth and Hereford before heading to Scotland in 2012.

He netted twice for United during October’s defeat by Coventry City but made only two starts after Clough was confirmed as David Weir’s permanent successor.

Edited by ThickAsThieves