yoda-jag

I'd say we still need:

Left-back

Centre-half

Defensive midfielder

Central midfielder

Attacking midfielder/Winger

Striker

So there's still room for McGowan, if that was true. We have Higginbotham/Stevenson/Lawless/Elliott/Craigen fighting it out for those three places behind the striker. Room for one more.

No denying McGowan is a gifted player who, when on form is one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.

But, does Archie want to play Stevenson on the right, to fit in McGowan?

Does he see himself as a Lambie type who can tame the nutters, because PMcG comes with a ridiculous amount of baggage!

No denying McGowan is a gifted player who, when on form is one of the best attacking midfielders in the league.

Does he see himself as a Lambie type who can tame the nutters, because PMcG comes with a ridiculous amount of baggage!

He seems to have tamed Fraser, Higgy also had a kind of disruptive reputation & he's been great since he arrived so you might be right. I'm not sure McGowan would be worth the money he'd want considering the players we already have in a similar position.

Or maybe it could just be agents talking up their clients on the basis of an initial sniff from Archie?

We've bagged Ryan Stevenson already, so it's difficult to be convinced by the gossip about McGowan - maybe it's old hat.

We certainly need a left back and a damn good centre back...............and Lyle Taylor.

Very soon would be good.

Think we need 2 centerbacks

I personally think 1 will be plenty. Balatoni, despite a very dodgy start to his season, has come on leaps and bounds and shown that he is a good enough player for the level we're currently at. Muirhead I expected better from but he's also probably good enough to be the 3rd choice centre back. Picollo should be loaned out to the championship with an option to recall him in case of emergencies. In a real crisis, McMillan could also probably play there although this should be avoided if at all possible.

I'd therefore suggest that if we can get the right player (an experienced centre half who can guide balatoni through games and help aid his development even further), then we should be fine with the options we have.

Edit: more important will be finding a competent left back, as we won't get anyone of the standard that Taylor-Sinclair is but we need a similar player to him.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Ryan Conroy is free, he can play left back:

We've already got better options. I don't think Archie would be interested in Conroy unless he's planning in signing two left backs (wingbacks). But with McMillan, Keenan (assuming he re-signs) and Bannigan as back ups I think he'll just go with the one signing, who'll have to be a level up from Conroy. .

He looked pretty rubbish for us, the small amount of time (several sub appearances, I think) I saw him anyway.

Never really got a chance. Could be a good cheap option for the squad and obviously a guy that has loads to prove. Look at how Hemmings did last season after being shown the door at Sevco. Not advocating him as a signing but he could be worth the risk

Never really got a chance. Could be a good cheap option for the squad and obviously a guy that has loads to prove. Look at how Hemmings did last season after being shown the door at Sevco. Not advocating him as a signing but he could be worth the risk

Yes, he should have a point to prove and be fired up, "last chance saloon" type. Not too sure we can afford to take players like that though, with a small squad and also some need for versatility.

No way.

I'd be surprised if even a Championship club took a gamble on him. An injury wreck who has an Amsterdam tale (with pictures) that puts question marks over his attitude. Absolute non-starter.

He's most probably not for us.

All I get from that article is he's doing pre-pre season training. He just needs to turn up at a host of clubs in a week or so's time where I'm sure he'll be able to do a pre season with one or more club. Feature as a trialist in any number of friendlies and take it from there.

He's just in the same boat as a multitude of released players so I don't really see where the "give me another chance" thingy comes into play. Unless of course the lad is setting his sights too high and anticipating an immediate healthy (for him) wage packet. Anyway he'll surely get a gig at a remand home like Cappielow .

Paul Slane's behaviour in Amsterdam was a total embarrassment. For that reason I would think the club could do better when talking about the character of an individual be it as a role model or influence on fellow team members including youth players. There are plenty of other younger players with better personalities and behaviour out there.