Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

He's already been told to return back for training at end of month so I think not

A lot can change between now and the end of June - still got another 3 and a half weeks!

As has been said, standard procedure to recall all players on the books for pre-season training.

I'm not saying he's definitely going to leave DU, but to dismiss the possibility based on the fact he's been told to report for pre-season doesn't support any argument.

Feel like Archibald's slightly holding back rushing into signings after last seasons mistakes annoying xchecking everyday and seeing nothing though

If we can get Lyle Taylor signed up, Osborne or The Prince and 2/3 defenders I would be very happy

Edited by Lindau

If we can get Lyle Taylor signed up, Osborne or The Prince and 2/3 defenders I would be very happy

We've got 15 first team players signed, 3 of whom are goalies and one is permacrock Welsh. I think we're needing 6-8 signings, including Elliott if he chooses to do so and possibly a couple of loans included in that.

Take Taylor in a second ! Don't think prince was ready to start games wasn't sharp enough too slow and clumsy but could be a different player with a pre season ! Osbournes great at what he does but a do think we went through our worst spell playing wise when he was in the team was motm just about every game but rest of team didn't seem to play as we'll !

It's always frustrating when you don't hear anything but we can all assume Archie snd the club are working hard in bringing in players which could well take into August .....keep calm and drink!

It is quite impressive that we have 26 pages to report absolutely nothing. I'm quite enjoying the idle speculation though

It is quite impressive that we have 26 pages to report absolutely nothing. I'm quite enjoying the idle speculation though

It's difficult to get anything done at this time as most of the potential signing targets will be away preparing for the World Cup just now. :thumbsup:

On a serious note the management will know what they need and it will all be down to if the club can compete financially with other clubs who will also be interested in these same players.

For those that regularly watch the U20's, what players (if any) do you think we could blood into the first team this year? Duggan, Lindsay, Colina, McDaid, Wilson? I'd like to see Archie give these boys a chance as part of the squad (if felt they are good enough) which would also take pressure off how many players we need to sign.

That said, a CB, a LB and a CF are an absolute must.

Also, I wish people would lay off Welsh. He's a class act and is our captain and is no doubt frustrated by his injury. Hope he makes a full recovery and can't wait to see him back in the R&Y.

Edited by Mediocre Pundit
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed anyone having a go at Welsh. But it's well known he has a medical condition which means injuries which would take other players out of the game for a few weeks keep him out much longer. It is really rotten luck for him but I can't see him playing that often for us in future so don't think he should be in the equation. We might get a few months from him and that would be a bonus but it would be crazy to place any hopes on him.. We need another midfield player brought in. Maybe two depending on whether we sign Osbourne again.

For those that regularly watch the U20's, what players (if any) do you think we could blood into the first team this year? Duggan, Lindsay, Colina, McDaid, Wilson? I'd like to see Archie give these boys a chance as part of the squad (if felt they are good enough) which would also take pressure off how many players we need to sign.

That said, a CB, a LB and a CF are an absolute must.

Also, I wish people would lay off Welsh. He's a class act and is our captain and is no doubt frustrated by his injury. Hope he makes a full recovery and can't wait to see him back in the R&Y.

I don't think anyone is doubting Sean welsh is a class act, and I think we all agree that a fully fit Sean welsh and club captain would be a huge asset to the team. However, I think we also all agree that we are not in a position to offer someone a wage for a full season who will play a handfull of games if we're lucky. If he can prove otherwise then yes, he's a must have. If not then, unfortunately, we simply can't afford to keep him. I know I would absolutely love to see Sean back playing week in week out. I don't know if it will happen though.

• Members

The guy had a bad season injury wise last season, but it's not as if he's constantly plagued with injury. Some really unfair critique of him going on here based on last season. Hurry back and prove the doubters wrong please Sean.

• Like 1

Think saying welsh is a class act is a bit much I'd prefer to see Fraser playing feel sorry for welsh cos first 2 games he seemed to adapt to the league better than any of other players but I can't see him in 1st 11 next season tbh

A fully fit Sean Welsh is a class act.

Fact.

I wouldn't say that there has been a critique as such. Having played played 35 league games out of 74 suggests that there is more than a one one season problem. Still, I can only see Archie standing by him.

of the 39 league games he missed 36 were last season, he missed 3 the season before, he had a long term injury as other players have had and came back from

Wrong. In season 2012-13 he made 25 out of 36 league appearances. And last season he made 10 out of 38 league appearances.

I thought he went off just after half time in the Hearts game (3rd league game of the season) and never played since, but just checked and he had a few games after that so I stand corrected