Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Good show. So the bet is if he goes to a bigger team than us, I win and if he goes to a lesser club, like the scottish championship for example, you win.

Again please show me where it says u win if he stays!! If you cannot read please say so.

As for grow up and pay up, your true colours as always... a condescending ass.

Edited by JaggyMad

Guarantee you that no other top flight club will take a chance on him. I would put money on it.

Ok put your money where your mouth is, I'll bet you £100 that he goes to a bigger club than us. The loser must pay the £100 to the winners named charity.

If you take the bet, and I win I'll donate your money to our pro youth development squad.

I'll take the bet.

Good show. So the bet is if he goes to a bigger team than us, I win and if he goes to a lesser club, like the scottish championship for example, you win.

Just for the benefit of doubt ( auld age must be starting to hit you). Above is the full conversation with you about the bet.

Show me where it, a) states if he stays you win and, b)states it has to be at the end of this season.

So if you still want to carry the bet on then that's fine by me, if not that is also fine.

Edited by JaggyMad

Right, so we're pretty clear on this one. If Lawless moves to a bigger club then Jaggy Mad wins, if he moves to a smaller club then Ian Mac wins. That's clear. Okay can we now define a bigger club. Are St. Johnstone a bigger club, how about St. Mirren or Dundee? What about Hearts, Hibs and other such teams in the Championship? Did Steven Craig move to a bigger club - Wycombe with average crowds of over 6000. This is a minefield or is it just a waste of everybody's bloody time? Who Cares? Billko was right in the first place; we are a bigger club than last year so Jaggy Mad has won.

Right, so we're pretty clear on this one. If Lawless moves to a bigger club then Jaggy Mad wins, if he moves to a smaller club then Ian Mac wins. That's clear. Okay can we now define a bigger club. Are St. Johnstone a bigger club, how about St. Mirren or Dundee? What about Hearts, Hibs and other such teams in the Championship? Did Steven Craig move to a bigger club - Wycombe with average crowds of over 6000. This is a minefield or is it just a waste of everybody's bloody time? Who Cares? Billko was right in the first place; we are a bigger club than last year so Jaggy Mad has won.

Ah, but he didn't MOVE to a bigger club

I'll have a go Firhillista...

I think we can split this into what we know and what we don't know.

I'm pretty sure the manager will be trying his best to bring back Taylor, Erskine and possibly Bauben. He's expressed an interest in Osbourne providing he can prove his fitness.

After that are the unknowns, though we can easily identify the positions even if we don't know the players.

You all know but I'll repeat anyway: left back, experienced centre back, and another midfield player. But these positions increase if we fail to get known targets such as Taylor. We might end up looking for 2 more attacking players and a midfield player.

Thing is I don't think anyone this time last year would have predicted we would have signed Higginbotham and Osbourne, or later got the likes of Taylor on loan. So I don't think anyone will be able to predict who we'll bring in - my only prediction is that some of the signings will be unexpected, some will give a feeling of confidence and one at least will make us go "what the ...."

I've no names to offer bar the obvious ones mentioned: I expect signings from lower English leagues, maybe one of someone released by an SPL side who fits our system but apart from that I haven't a clue.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Sorry to butt in, but could we put this thread back to being about rumours of new signings? I keep thinking someone's seen Messi in Jaconneli's and it turns out to be about a bet that someone did or didn't accept....

Agreed, take it to PMs guys or take it up in the betting page!

• Like 1

Agree with Lindua and firhillsta I too keep seeing new posts on this thread expecting there to be transfer updates only for to read the ongoing argument about who stevie lawless may or may not move onto. As there is a seperate stevie lawless thread already running dont see why the betting discussions couldn't go on there

Apparently ziggy Gordon signed a new 2 year deal with accies as did Jason Scotland so that's 2 who will be definite knows from us

Edited by Third Lanark

You all know but I'll repeat anyway: left back, experienced centre back, and another midfield player. But these positions increase if we fail to get known targets such as Taylor. We might end up looking for 2 more attacking players and a midfield player.

Archie appears methodical. Getting the re-signing and contract extensions out the way first of all. I suspect in addition to Scully, Lawless and Paul Gallacher most of the youngsters also offered contract renewals will be staying. I reckon there's two or three that aren't too far off backing up the first team. Assuming that's the case and those lads are staying it makes Archie's job of bringing in new players that wee bit easier. Otherwise he could easily be looking for two centrebacks, two left backs and so on. Also regardless how you rate him Christie does cover more than one position. Personally I hope he's with us but if he isn't because he can play in more than one position Archie might require two player to replace him.

Obviously I don't see Archie ignoring an available class player just now but I think he'll be more focussed on trying to sign players from last season's extended squad.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Looking at the Dundee united with queens park players of the future when we played Ayr united the lad shankland came on and scored for the honest men not sure his age but think young and may be one to sign for the future. Don't know if he's related to the shankland who signed for Aberdeen from queens park

Looking at the Dundee united with queens park players of the future when we played Ayr united the lad shankland came on and scored for the honest men not sure his age but think young and may be one to sign for the future. Don't know if he's related to the shankland who signed for Aberdeen from queens park

Shankland was on loan at East End Pk, scored a few before picking up an injury. Still very young and I imagine has got a future with the Dons.

Shankland was on loan at East End Pk, scored a few before picking up an injury. Still very young and I imagine has got a future with the Dons.

You're thinking of different Shanklands.

Lawrence Shankland, currently of Aberdeen, is the former Queens Park player who scored a belter against us in the 5-4 game is, I think, the one LiB is talking about.

Mark Shankland, currently of Ayr United, is an 18 year old midfielder/attacker who is Ayr Uniteds youngest ever player and scored against us in the League Cup this season is the one Third Lanark is referring to, I think.

Lawrence Shankland, currently of Aberdeen, is the former Queens Park player who scored a belter against us in the 5-4 game is, I think, the one LiB is talking about.

Mark Shankland, currently of Ayr United, is an 18 year old midfielder/attacker who is Ayr Uniteds youngest ever player and scored against us in the League Cup this season is the one Third Lanark is referring to, I think.

:thumbsup2:

thanks gsus for clarifying mate. Are they brothers? Seem to recall after scoring against us he nearly scored again for Ayr a couple of minutes later when he hit the post