Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

We tried it with Bannigan.He did alright, but looked a bit uncomfortable.

Banzo did well in that position but the defenders soon got wise to the fact he would turn inside rather than go for the byline. A more than useful player to use in an emergency but not a long term fix.

The problem with the Hibs players is that you don't know how good or sh1te or good they actually are.They all seemed to hate Butcher and weren't playing for him and the style of football he had them playing was an affront to football.You couldn't judge Cairney , as a midfielder, for example, in a team that constantly missed the midfield out by hoofing it over their heads.

Not sure about bringing PC back but he did link up with Doolan brilliantly.

If PC is fit and his health is good I would have him back in a minute, but agree with Willjag, I wouldn't have both Cairney and Erskine back. It's one or the other.

Agree and disagree with Lindau/ & Willjag. To me it would be a matter of costings. If we're needing to pay relative big bucks then it would be one or the other. If their wages are on par with the rest of the squad then I wouldn't hold too much with the argument as we can only start one of the pair, it's one or the other.

Cairney is quite versatile and could be a valuable squad player. An injury or poor health free Cairney wasn't noted for massive dips in form. In fact he was a fairly steady player. I don't believe even Erskine's greatest fan would argue that Chris doesn't run hot and cold.

So I think it would be one or the other only if we were pushing the boat out bringing them to Firhill.

Btw I'd probably make a similar argument re re-signing Osbourne in the full knowledge that Sean Welsh would be as likely a starter as Ossie.

If we cant get Erskine, I'd take Cairney. But it would be one or the other. I don't think we could afford to play both.

I would take both if we can get them- obviously depends on Dundee United with regards to Chris.

Remember both Forbes and Buaben are away and Lawless has not signed a new deal yet. We didnt get enough goals from midfield last year

Fraser is still very young and might not play all season. Craigen still has a lot to prove that he can play in the SPL.

Add in injuries and suspensions and with our increased budget I would like to see both.

They fought their way back into it enough, we ended up only a deflected goal away from 7th. Disappointing though.

Yes but injuries to defenders didn't help when we already had the likes of Muirhead, O'Donnell and Osbourne out long term. I reckon we'd have got something out of that game if we'd been able to put out a decent back four. Nevertheless the board said they budgeted for us coming 11th and we got 10th so there's a wee bit more in the kitty than we might have had otherwise.

Re signings I agree with the poster above we should be looking to get as strong as we can afford and that means looking south if need be for a Higgs-Boson type signing. Bargains can be found there if you can find someone not on other SPL clubs' radar - something impossible when looking for players from Scottish clubs.

Main priority is a couple of good defenders, particularly one with experience. Maybe also a guy who can play across the back 4 to give us cover we lacked last season. Depending on how Osbourne and Welsh come along we may need someone new in - what'll we call it? Deep midfield? Then bringing in Taylor or someone like him and another attacking midfielder/winger is essential. After that it depends what money there is: some cover can be provided by youngsters but we probably need another couple of players to give cover in the squad.

Edited by Mr Bunny

don't want any of the hibees squad, bottlers and underachievers every one of them.

some of them aren't even fit to lace john baird or mark kerrs boots.

I would take James McPake. Decent player and experienced while not being too old (still 29).

I would also love to see Kevin Thomson at Firhill but he's maybe to similar to Bannigan and don't think we could afford his wages anyway.

The full back Booth that is on loan at Raith Rovers may be worth a punt too.