Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

If it's between Taylor and Graham, I'd be chasing Taylor. If it's between Hemmings and Graham, I'd be chasing Hemmings.

Put simply, he wouldn't be my first choice. Not saying he'd be a bad signing though.

It wasn't necessarily a "one or the other" scenario. I too would be pursuing Taylor before anyone else. Nobody can deny Hemmings has had a great season but I seem to recall there being concerns over his attitude; indeed, in the cup match against Cowdenbeath, he displayed the good and bad sides of his game - scoring but stropping about when he never got the ball and trying to do things himself. If his head is screwed on, he'd be worth a punt as he's evidently a decent player.

It wasn't necessarily a "one or the other" scenario. I too would be pursuing Taylor before anyone else. Nobody can deny Hemmings has had a great season but I seem to recall there being concerns over his attitude; indeed, in the cup match against Cowdenbeath, he displayed the good and bad sides of his game - scoring but stropping about when he never got the ball and trying to do things himself. If his head is screwed on, he'd be worth a punt as he's evidently a decent player.

Something similar was said of Taylor, I think. That he thought he was the bees knees at Falkirk.

Last autumn I would've thought Roberts at Falkirk would've been on our radar but once again it turns out he's a prize nutter. See he's signed for Dundee in any case so let's hope he continues to be a bit of an embarrassment. No doubt the the lad can play a bit plus he's strong and can score but it just emphasises the difficulty getting the right style of player and the right character.

If we can get Taylor back so much the better. Altho' he missed part of the season I would imagine Duggan isn't too far off being a squad player to understudy the likes of Lyle. .

I have it on fairly good authority that both Archie and McNamara (when he was here), have been keen on Hamilton's Ziggy Gordon. I know Archie has been at New Douglas Park a few times last season, possibly having a look at him.

Don't know his contract situation, but if Hamilton fail to get promoted, he could be worth a look.

I suspect that I will probably be in a minority here but I wouldn't be averse to going back in for Brian Graham this summer. He's another player that United fans haven't particularly taken to despite averaging a goal every 199 minutes (stats taken from a United fan on another website so could easily be wrong). Archie was seemingly very keen to get him last year and he would certainly offer us something a bit different. It's all hypothetical though because United haven't shown any intention to let him go and with Erskine possibly being allowed to leave either permanently or on loan, I'm not sure they'd be too keen to let another under contract player depart.

dont think graham is a bad idea either again like erskine its his first year in the spl. Dundee united fans seem to give very simple support to these guys and jump on their backs very quickly. I could actually see McNamara letting erskine and graham go especially if it means he can use the money to keep cifti, mackay Stevens, Dow, Gauld etc

McFadden has left Motherwell, surprisingly because the club have decided not to renew his contract rather than McFadden looking elsewhere himself.

http://www.dailyreco...ell-fir-3570401

Imagine having McFadden and Higginbotham on both wings! Will never happen, assume Well have let him go as he will be on a fortune and not playing that much. Can see Hibs/ St Johnstone/ Kilmarnock etc all going in for him.

Imagine having McFadden and Higginbotham on both wings! Will never happen, assume Well have let him go as he will be on a fortune and not playing that much. Can see Hibs/ St Johnstone/ Kilmarnock etc all going in for him.

He's surely in the right wage and age bracket for a job/retirement package in the Govan area....?

I'm not even sure I'd take him if he was going to be in our wage bracket, thought after the first game at Fir Park he looked like a 30 year old in a 40 year old body. He played well enough in the 5-1 game but that was probably our worst defensive display of the season. McCall says he can only really play up front now, and I certainly wouldn't have him in that role.

But aye, those £8k hair transplants don't pay for themselves so no way he'll be rocking up at Firhill.

I have it on fairly good authority that both Archie and McNamara (when he was here), have been keen on Hamilton's Ziggy Gordon. I know Archie has been at New Douglas Park a few times last season, possibly having a look at him.

Don't know his contract situation, but if Hamilton fail to get promoted, he could be worth a look.

I mentioned Gordon to an Accies supporter in my work a few weeks ago and he told me he had just signed or was about to sign a new contract. Don't know whether he has or not though!

Bit off topic.. but when im playing Football manager the stage we are at the now is the bit i most enjoy.. survived season 1 in big league and have a bit more money to play with to consolidate our top flight status..

Mind you i mostly get sacked this season too :P

McFadden's movement when we got beat 5-1 was great. I'd definitely enjoy him being at Firhill, and I think if we lose out on Taylor he'd be great. He does however not fit in with our youth strategy obviously and is probably off to replace Boyd at Killie.

Faddy at Firhill please.

He'd love it and so would we.

Motherwell have stated they couldn't afford to keep him, no way we can afford him. I am assuming he is on a minimum of £2k a week, probably more like £3-4k.

Motherwell have stated they couldn't afford to keep him, no way we can afford him. I am assuming he is on a minimum of £2k a week, probably more like £3-4k.

If that's the sort of money he's looking for and getting it then I hope he goes to one of our likely competitors. That would fairly eat into that club's budget.. Almost an identikit scenario for a gig at Dens?